What are the origins of your username?

Guest SoundOfDeath

Guest Shifty2266
Ill go the main username that I have used over the years actually dates back to one of the first combat flight sim games I played and my fascination with military technology. The game goes all the way back to the DOS based gaming era on my parents first computer, an old Hewlitt-Packard running DOS with windows 3.11. The game? Comanche Maximum overkill by Novalogic. It was the game the first introduced me to the RAH-66 Comanche stealth attack helicopter. one thing lead to another and I soon formed my usual username of Comancherah taking the RAH from the designation and putting it at the end.

• 1 month later...
Long story... ask me sometime. Basically though I did something someone called legendarily stupid thus RTL (randy the legend)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest LikeINC

mine come from a pay 2 win game called "AVA" where me and an old friend created a clan named "Like" in which every member have to type "Like" in their name (kikoolol ftw). I decided to call myself LikeINC cuz i was wearing a shirt with INC written on it !

Even the clan had disapeard two week after being created i kept this name!

Guest xNaruke
mine come from a pay 2 win game called "AVA" where me and an old friend created a clan named "Like" in which every member have to type "Like" in their name (kikoolol ftw). I decided to call myself LikeINC cuz i was wearing a shirt with INC written on it !

Even the clan had disapeard two week after being created i kept this name!

LOOL AVA dayssss!!! :D you so nooob :P

Guest RET.SSG.Fire56=US=
My username is a daily reminder of the person I used to be. Once upon a time I was a firefighter. The number 56 is the station number. I have that same number tattooed on my arm again as a daily reminder. I figured I couldn't do it anymore and sometimes that makes me a very "angry" but then I see that ink it reminds me that for at least a time my life touched others. So when the username I wanted couldn't be used I chose to have that little reminder as my username.

• 3 months later...
Guest Bludo983

From the big, hairy, cowardly dude from "Labyrinth" that just needed a hug.

I usually go with random sayings for usernames like:

NoTimeToExplain or ILikeYourStyle but those violated the naming regs. :(

• 2 months later...
Guest RET.1SG.Draven=US=

My username is a long story, actually. It is the call-sign that I earned while assigned to the 2nd Marine Division in Iraq, 2004. Most of you all know that I am in the Army National Guard. But back then, they were low on medical support.

I will actually post a link to the excerpt of the personal memoirs I am writing.

Let me know what you all think!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gcJXChO5cIJUKsO5fLJnqWSUscWOe7vBlYVWcUIRd7I/edit?usp=sharing

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest negativefx83
While mine isn't nearly as meaningful as most of the one's before me, it's from a punk band in the early 80's named Negative FX. Current and legendary punk band NOFX (my favorite band) took the Negative FX name and turned into into, well, NOFX.

• 2 months later...
Guest MadMonkey
My name comes from my real life nickname and my paintball team call sign. Been called monkey for years at work because I can climb just about anything and I look like an albino spider monkey.

• 3 months later...

Hi there all, well my name is actually a short version of the name of my city "Mar del Plata" they call us "marplatentes" like "texans" ...so a the short version is MARPLA, the number is my birth year 1978 (yeap im old) that´s the short and not interested story of my name.

Saludos, marpla live from Argentina!

Guest RET.CPT.Hammerwolf53=US=
Hi there all, well my name is actually a short version of the name of my city "Mar del Plata" they call us "marplatentes" like "texans" ...so a the short version is MARPLA, the number is my birth year 1978 (yeap im old) that´s the short and not interested story of my name.

Saludos, marpla live from Argentina!

That would make you an Argentinian Cowboy!

That would make you an Argentinian Cowboy!

Morning Hammerwolf53!

Indeed...we call our cowboys here "Gauchos" I will try to jump on TS as soon i have the time to game some, hope you guys go easy with the new future guy ? lol

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Worldatwar
I created my username back when Call of duty world at war came out, I was still on console at the time but I have carried my name with me through every game so every once in a while i meet people ive played with before.

Guest Soulforged

Mine is a name given to the fictional character Raistlin Majere from the Dragonlance series of books.

BTW, you can click on the sig below to hear an anthem about him : )

The name also holds a deeper meaning to me because of my religious beliefs.

Guest Dexlysic
I've used this name for a good long while. I have mild dyslexia, so that name is a word play on 'Dyslexic'. It almost reads normally when I look at it. :D

• 1 month later...
Guest Shabutti

Hello all! My name is actually a misspelling of the rock band who would later be Coheed and Cambria. Their first band was called Shabutie.

I had never seen anyone use the name before, so I thought it would be unique. Not very interesting :P

Guest itsKiL0g

My is itsKiL0g because SuperKiL0 was taken :p

I have had the nickname of Kilo since I was about 16, so 10 years now. From my travel softball team's coach who was a Marine for about 30 years. For those who are familiar with the Phonetic Alphabet should know Kilo is K, thus my nickname being born. (I was also the only one on the team who would follow instructions or orders if you may)

Guest Soulforged
Hello all! My name is actually a misspelling of the rock band who would later be Coheed and Cambria.

I love Coheed and Cambria! Saw them live when I used to live in NJ. They put on a good show. Have you ever read the comics?