What are the origins of your username?

Guest SoundOfDeath

Guest greynomack
Well the grey is my middlename and nomack was my cousins gaming name but he havent played any Shooters for years so i kinda took it because a thought it had a nice ring to it

When I first started playing Call of Duty(The very first one) I used Red Baron. But as I joined clans I ended up shortening the name. I dont know why I like this name. Just has a nice ring to it I guess.

• 2 weeks later...
I got my name after the revered general of the Pacific in WWII, General Douglas MacArthur. Only recently did I find out that my personal hero of WWII started to become a little more... extreme in his plans during the Korean war to literally wipe Korea off the face of the Earth with nukes. I guess every dog has his day. He was removed from command and discharged from the Army for his radical plans. Now, my hero is Colonel "Chesty" Puller. 7Th Marines: 1st Marine Division. Hoorah

Guest RET.Maj.SKI=US=
I got my name after the revered general of the Pacific in WWII, General Douglas MacArthur. Only recently did I find out that my personal hero of WWII started to become a little more... extreme in his plans during the Korean war to literally wipe Korea off the face of the Earth with nukes. I guess every dog has his day. He was removed from command and discharged from the Army for his radical plans. Now, my hero is Colonel "Chesty" Puller. 7Th Marines: 1st Marine Division. Hoorah

Did I hear name change Corporal CPull?

• 2 months later...
In MMORPG's I'm known as Itikuo, which roughly translates in japanese "Crimson Samurai/Lord". However, in the shooter games since COD:WaW I've been known as Gunslinger X. Most variations of Gunslinger were taken in Origin so I switched to Peacemaker as it is a gun commonly used among Gunslingers back in the day.

Way back in my days of Runescape at least ten years ago now I used oui230 as my username (no idea why), But I have used it in every game I've played since in case I ever met someone I had played with before, I would recognize them or vice versa.

• 3 weeks later...
Just look at it, doesn't it just look cool as hell? I think so. I used to go by evsr8, which, while looking boss, also has a nice ring to it and evokes the kind of imagery I want to put people in mind of when playing against me. Back in my CS days, I used to go by Innocuous/Inno.cuous, I thought that name was hilarious since I proved to be the embodiment of the exact opposite.

Guest RET.PO2.Basman=US=
The first three letters stand for my initials BAS. and then I added the MAN on the end. and it is pronounced as Bass-man, not Base-man.

Guest aaronbencid

Well mine was born in the back of my dads brain back in 1990 in january specifically, there is a traditio in my family to name one of your sons with a jewish name... so here I am.

Since the online name I always use sounded really stupid (at least for me, talking bout lacking of imagination) for =US= I chose my real name :) that it.

PS the name's Ironfister lol

• 2 weeks later...
First name was BenZXMW , Ben (my shortened name for benny and Z for like a Benz , i like racing and i like the mercedes benz car , XMW stands for AND MW , MW=Modern warfare , yes i was a soldier back then of call of duty till i found battlefield xD) now its TehPunisher (Teh because The is too mainstream and Punisher cuz well iStoleYerTagZ didnt fit :P)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kboxson
Mine is kind of lame. A buddy of mine used to to me kbox since my name is Kevin. Every time I would walk into a room he would exclaim "Hey, it's kbox son!"

Guest Element14
Mine is kind of lame. A buddy of mine used to to me kbox since my name is Kevin. Every time I would walk into a room he would exclaim "Hey, it's kbox son!"

That's not lame! Most people make up names that have no meaning to them, like ipwnedyou or something. It's cool yours has some type of meaning.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest d1scr337
Way back in the day i worked at an internet cafe, all of us played cs and hat some variation of 33 in our names, like my buddies h33t and wh33t, i got the nick d1scr337 because i was always rocking the scout or the awp taking people out without them knowin where it was comin from

Aristocrap = Aristocrat with a swap of the last letter. I thought it was witty back when I first started using it and it's been a bit of a habit to use it for the games I play and internet handles. Lately I've just shortened it to Aristo, though it's still the full title on Battlelog, and thus here.

• 1 month later...
Guest iNF3RN0
mine was suggested to me about 10ish years ago by someone i used to play America's Army 2.x with. stuck with it ever since.

Guest LevkovAlex
Well before i went by Pennylover. I used to be cheap back then so as a joke i came up with it. It got annoying to be stereotyped and called a Jew so i decided to change the name to LevkovAlex. LevkovAlex is just my full name shortened. My full name is Alexander Levkovskiy. I am pretty sure 19 letters wont fit anywhere anyway :p

Guest CanisSapien
I have learned that it means Wise Wolf. Canis = Wolf, Sapien = Wise. In other words ... one smart wolf!! Credit to PFC.SixUlta=US= for teaching me something new. Thanks!!

• 1 month later...
Guest Trevor
My username for everything else is Bush Wrangler. I got this from back in the Tropico 2 days. I wanted to be Caption Bush Wrangler after my friend gave me that name.

Guest RET.TSgt.Warlord=US=
I developed the name Warlord due to my love of historical warfare, especially World War I and World War II. I also had an itch to join the service ever since I was 6 years old, I never wanted anything else in my life.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest cepwin
Mine comes from my character in Everquest years ago. At my work back then a bunch of us were playing everquest...the funny thing is the half of us playing would sit on one side of the table at lunch and talk about the game and the others who had no interest in our conversation sat on the other side :).