What are the origins of your username?

Guest SoundOfDeath

Guest Shades
Mine is a combination. For the first 25-ish years of my life, I wore glasses. Not normal sleek ones, massive thick glasses because my eyesight was that poor. It's honestly a surprise that 1) I was able to join the military with terrible sight and 2) that I qualified for PRK (alternative to LASIK). The other part that inspired my name is the character Shades in Marvel's Luke Cage. I liked how chill he was and he always wore sunglasses like I do now. Granted, I've had some variations over the years such as zShades, Shades, 50Shade0fNick, so on and so forth.

• 6 months later...
Guest PFC.Snipershot=US=
I made my nickname due to playing some Call of Duty on my 3DS back when I used to sit with the "cool" kids in the back of the bus and play with them. I used to like snipers a LOT more back then, so you know, sniper shot you.

Mine is actually my RL Nickname.

The story behind the Nickname is, that a female friend of mine once found out i was ticklish on the sides and that reminded her of the Tickle me Elmo

Guest PFC.Boostacus=US=
So my name is a combination of two hobbies of mine. Those being history and modified cars. Originally my username across multiple platforms was Boostlifebruh, but I felt it wasn’t unique and nobody got it. So one day I was playing rocket league with a friend having some beers and he mentioned I should change it. I came up with Boostacus, my love for turbochargers and Spartacus i.e. my love for Roman history. People still don’t get it but I think it’s cooler lol.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest PFC.Roman2099=US=
There is a Russian guy I work with and he goes on these fishing trips with some of the guys from work. On three separate fishing trips he had brought a different Russian friend with him. All of them Roman. The guys at work have never seen the same Roman twice. The joke is that he names them Roman before he kills them. I thought that was funny, and being part of the BEAR group I found it appropriate.

• 2 months later...
Guest PFC.A_Eisenhuth=US=

Mine is simply the first letter of my first name, Alexander, and my last name, Eisenhüth, which is German.

Fun fact: Eisenhüth in German, (originally Eisenhüt) translates to "Iron Helmet", a name typically held by those whose profession was as warriors.

Guest CDT.Civoen=US=
I originally wanted to be called "Steampunk" on Steam, since I liked the style at the time but you can't have the word Steam in a username. So I looked for synonyms and Neo-Victorian popped up, shortened it to Neovic but sadly that seemed to be a quite a popular name and I didn't want to have to add numbers so I flipped it and Civoen was born.

• 3 months later...
Guest RET.LTG.STORM=US=

Well Here is how I remember it: During a Tropical Strom I was setting up my first Gaming account That may be Before some of you were born HAHA.

First Clan I joined Was called DOOM DOOM-STORM

Second Clan Was American Vengence AV_STORM that Was A Tom Clance FPS based games Rogue Spear and Raven Sheild a good friend "Sentinal" In AV Left and Joined =US= I followed a Month Later.

The Year Was 2004 I Was Watching A live stream on youtube last night of BF 9000 or whatever it was looked fun. Hello Everyone who may or may not remember me.

Game on my Friends Glad to see the clan still is Here.

Guest CDT.Shorev=US=
So everyone loves Shogun as a gamer tag. Being a huge metalhead Trivium's album Shogun is one of the staples to Metalcore. I took a spin on it and change gun to rev. Shorev, but seems to be shorten to Shor, which I do like too. :)

Guest LTC.DentalMav=US=
Well Here is how I remember it: During a Tropical Strom I was setting up my first Gaming account That may be Before some of you were born HAHA.

First Clan I joined Was called DOOM DOOM-STORM

Second Clan Was American Vengence AV_STORM that Was A Tom Clance FPS based games Rogue Spear and Raven Sheild a good friend "Sentinal" In AV Left and Joined =US= I followed a Month Later.

The Year Was 2004 I Was Watching A live stream on youtube last night of BF 9000 or whatever it was looked fun. Hello Everyone who may or may not remember me.

Game on my Friends Glad to see the clan still is Here.

good seeing you old friend!

Guest TrickySpudz
I had childhood nickname of SPUD. it seems my friends thought my head was shaped like a potato. so they called me spud. i didnt like it at all when i was younger. but i think it funny now.

• 2 months later...
Guest PFC.Notorious_L=US=
The most common question I get asked is what does the L stand for? To be honest it doesn't stand for anything, but my favorite insult is being called Notorious Loser by salty gamers. I picked a cool sounding adjective and a letter. My old username was Captn Commando after the old super nintendo game, but everyone thought I was against wearing underwear so I picked something more generic. Not the best origin story, but I like the username.

Guest Murk44203
Murkologist began in Socom US Navy Seals. My buddy came by and we was chillin smoking while he was watching play. I was sniping and taking people out with a silenced sniper rifle. He was all hype with each kill I got. After the match was over he says Bro you was merking people. You should change your name to Merkologist. Well it just so happens my last name is Murkins. So I dropped the E and added a U. Hence MURKOLOGIST was born! In real life everyone calls me Murk too.

Guest PFC.d1sc0nnected=US=
My friends and I were way into Rainbox Six Vegas on the 360 when it came out. The font used in that game for user names was all caps and the 0's and O's looked verrrry similar. It occurred to me it would be funny to make my gamertag d1sc0nnected, which would display as D1SC0NNECTED, and see if it confused people. Turned out to be hillarious and numerous people would freak out thinking they were getting killed by a hacker who was showing up as 'disconnected'. I've tried to change my 'gamer name' a few times to try to find something shorter to say, but when my friend started calling me 'Disco' I felt like that was sufficient.

Guest SPC.FATPAT=US=
my name started on the very fisr xbox at M4DK1LLER wich then chagnged to KTWUK PATRIOT and one of my frineds started calling me FATPAT as a joke as my nickname as a child was FATTYMAN becuase i was a chunk of a kid which has made it evolve to now and it has stuck ever since