What are the origins of your username?

Guest SoundOfDeath

Guest StealthF117
I've always been very fascinated by the F117 Nighthawk Stealth fighter. I like to know every thing about it. Stealth helicopters are cool too.

Guest RET.Maj.ShadowOp=US=
I've always been very fascinated by the F117 Nighthawk Stealth fighter. I like to know every thing about it. Stealth helicopters are cool too.

RT, Good choice in aircraft.

The F117 and the B2 are some of my all time favourite aircraft. It was a sad day with the retired it but stealth technologies had progressed enough to have proper stealth on something like the F22 (though we still refuse to use this aircraft to the extent of its abilities)

Even though the anti-radar tech in the F22 is amazing the F117 still beats it regarding overall stealth. Minimal Infrared Heat Signature, Optical Visibility, and also the lowest acoustic signature in a fighter were all part of what made this the true stealth package.

Guest StealthF117
RT, Good choice in aircraft.

The F117 and the B2 are some of my all time favourite aircraft. It was a sad day with the retired it but stealth technologies had progressed enough to have proper stealth on something like the F22 (though we still refuse to use this aircraft to the extent of its abilities)

Even though the anti-radar tech in the F22 is amazing the F117 still beats it regarding overall stealth. Minimal Infrared Heat Signature, Optical Visibility, and also the lowest acoustic signature in a fighter were all part of what made this the true stealth package.

I'm glad someone else is as fascinated with it as I am. Thanks 1stLt.

• 2 months later...
Guest Fraghop
I used to call rocketjumping fraghopping as a kid, because in Quake 3 my Sister's boyfriend would always "fraghop" to me and kill me right after he got to me, I was like 7 or 8 at the time.

Guest m5_pwr
My name originates from my BMW Nerdiness. I have a 2001 BMW M5 (my dream car since i was in high school). It's a labor of love, and if my money doesn't go into my car its my gaming computer lol.

Guest Jinxy

Started out as Angel of Vengeance way back in the original Rainbow Six because I always enjoyed the imagery of avenging angels. This was a mouthful of course and it was shortened to simply AoV. Over the course of playing competitively I switched from MPlayer to The Zone for playing environment for a year or so and when I came back I decided I wanted a fresh start (and to stop explaining what AoV stood for) and just decided I enjoyed the name Jinx instead since it has a nice ring to it and it made me feel like I was taking ownership of stretches of bad luck heh. I've been using it ever since in one form or another, which is the downside to having such a common nick name (I actually managed to get "Jinx" in BF2 :o). I usually try to get Jinex or Jinxy if Jinx is taken. Hence Jinxy.

Also, F117's are awesome. Pretty much all fighter jets are awesome. Props, LCpl!

Hahahaha I remember quake 3 :)

I used to call rocketjumping fraghopping as a kid, because in Quake 3 my Sister's boyfriend would always "fraghop" to me and kill me right after he got to me, I was like 7 or 8 at the time.

Guest StubbornOx1

My name has many reasons for being what it is.

Here are some Reasons:

-My real name stands for a breed of red cattle.

-Certain People can attest to my downright stubbornness.

-Chinese Zodiac year of the Oxen.

-The number 1 is my lucky number.

But in all reality it's that I came from a farming family, and i'm as stubborn as an Ox.

Guest COMR4DE

My name has drasticaly changed a few years back but once I came accross a few books about communism I tried out Comrade and liked the sound of it (dont worry i'm not a commie!). But also just the meaning of Comrade, a brother in arms, I truly believe I fit that definition, I got your back if you got mine, that to me is a Comrade.

Of course has you can see my name is actually Comr44de, had to put my twist on it since the name Comrade-US- was already take :/ But the 4 and 44 are my numbers of choice (born April 4th)

However I'm considering getting a name change to my nickname in real life just for continuity and I rather like the other name just as much if not better in terms of defining me as a person outside of my military career.

I guess I'll leave it on that cliff hanger for now until I get the name change if I actually go for it.

Guest RET.1stSgt.Dutch_Oven=US=
Used to be Dj_Dutch_Oven and its been my FPS username for as long as i can remember. i guess i just chose it because it thought it was funny.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Misfit
i used to play bf3 on xbox 360 then on ps3 then on pc and i used to play the story mode and i loved the squad MISFIT 13 and i liked the looks of being a misfit and to say the truth im a misfit in RL lol

• 1 month later...
Guest flakbait
My grandfather served in WWII in the Army Air Corps as a mechanic. One of the planes he serviced is currently in the Smithsonian - Flak Bait, a B-26 Marauder. Quite a history. AA magnet that managed to keep surviving against the odds. Long story short - its an embodiment of my personal history in some ways.

Guest clifford64
Mine was from back when i was about 12 or 13 when i first started playing halo with my cousins, they had all these random names like moe, wedgie, ferd, kasper, and stuff like that and all i had was my name and they were like you can't use just your name, you have to use something funny, so i chose the first thing that came to my mind and that was clifford, the big red dog. And it's stuck ever since.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Guest Vanguard
Just trying to be a part of something... before I'm a part of it... Vanguard. The name defines itself. I'm the first in... and a lot of times.. the first out lol. I hold no bars, I put pressure wherever I see pressure needs to be put, I never define myself by class, I assault the enemy, make them wish they were in a different game... as I feel all should, never slow down, never let off, push, push, push.

Guest Zalimos
Originally my name was gonna be Saru(monkey in Japanese, from SARU-3 SPACESHIP from Ape Escape 3) as it is in all other places, but it was taken in Origin. So I decided to use my main character's name from World of Warcraft(Saru was taken there aswell) which was Kalimos. Already taken in Origin, so just switched a letter to Zalimos.

• 1 month later...
Guest Colers25
To be honest, mine came from a dragonball Z game on the GBA when i was about 9 years old. the game misspelled the name of the character "Cooler" and instead made it "Coler". when i went on my next online game, i took this name. after enough times of having it rejected due to it already being used, i added an "s" near the end often along with a number. Sometimes i also use the username BaSe, which comes from my initials (yes, my initials are BS, and i suffer from autism spectrum syndrome (A.S.S). my identity likes to insult me.)

My name was invented by the rage of other players on a old game called; Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. Many people used to tell me on there that I play like Jesus (No offense to anyone, I never felt like that myself). So, pretty simple, I changed my name to JeZus at first place, but I thought it was a bit too offensive, so as the time growed, I changed my name from JeZus to JeZuzzz. 'Je Zus' actually means 'Your sister' in Dutch language. :)

• 2 months later...
Guest ARCmedic

ARCmedic is a newer name for me. Was getting tired of the same name ive used for years that didnt really have a meaning. Originally my new name was ARCHmedic. ARCH meaning to hold together with the great force. However, I could see people calling me archy and I dont like that haha. So I changed it to ARCmedic. ARC is for speed and protection. ARC is to move with a curving trajectory, or specifically towards the danger. Medic standing for obviously a medic. IRL and In game being a medic is what I love.

So ARCmedic. So go towards the danger of teammates to provide them with protection.

Guest ShadowIchigo
Before i started using ShadowIchigo, i used to use the name Symbiote, b/c i love the style of the name, i find the actual symbiote from spider man interesting, and as a biomajor, ive taken a liking to symbiotic relationships displayed in various ecosytems. ShadowIchigo, a name ive been using for quite a long time, is derived from my favorite name Shadow and my one of my favorite anime characters Ichigo (BLEACH). Plus, the name also reflects the "darker" side of him which is known as his hollow form in the anime.