What are the origins of your username?

Guest SoundOfDeath

Guest DemiGawd

My normal names were all taken.. came up with this one.. don't really like it.. /sigh

Maybe it will grow on me...

Crow aka Dread aka RedGawd

Guest LoveDakota

I got mine because my real first name is Dakota, and every one loves me. But thats a joke because i'm an A** hole and all my friends know it. Also, it makes for a good end of letter/ end of paragraph signature.

Love, Dakota

Guest RET.Maj.SKI=US=
My normal names were all taken.. came up with this one.. don't really like it.. /sigh

Maybe it will grow on me...

Crow aka Dread aka RedGawd

As long as your part of the clan, I doubt very seriously if Crow-US- or Dread-US- is taken in Origin :)

Guest MAJ.Spartan-S63=US=

In the almost two years this thread has existed, I suppose I never posted in it. Not sure how that happened (I've been in the clan as long as this thread has been up)...

Anyhow, my name, Spartan-S63, comes from a derivative of my Xbox Gamertag ELD Spartan 063. The first game I had when I got my Xbox 360 was Halo 3, therefore the "spartan" part of my name makes sense. The ELD and the 063 portions come from a friend who created an article on the Halo Fan Wiki. It was based around fan-created Sigma Squad and my service tag was S063. The ELD comes from my initials. My friend has a similar gamertag on Xbox Live, JAS Spartan 011. That's how I got my name and when I jumped over to the PC, I slightly altered it to just Spartan-S63.

So, I guess now you know more than you ever wanted to about the origins of my name.

Guest DemiGawd
As long as your part of the clan, I doubt very seriously if Crow-US- or Dread-US- is taken in Origin :)

I tried. Its ok.. I'll survive.

Guest DemiGawd
I'm going to change from RedGawd to DemiGawd.... back in the day of the original Everquest.. I had a Warrior named Demitros.. I think I got him up to lvl 58ish.. oh those were the days. DemiGawd also signifies my less then Gawd level of ability in BF3. ;)

Guest RET.Capt.RUSHER16=US=

I changed my name when it comes to U.S. and find a name to stick with the style of player. I can not be quiet if I'm running or offensive measures when there are games with great defense enemy. It resembles the style of a point man.

PUPPETMASTER sound nice.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest CI3arrage
It is a latin legal term term for 'said in passing'. It is used to refer to a part of a case judgment that is not part of the legal reasoning that decided a case but a judge made comment on anyway. The Dicta comments can be persuasive when trying to persuade a judge to accept your line of argument

• 3 weeks later...
Guest DoomDude1
My username might sound like I am a child because I was a child when I came up with it (twelve to be precise). I just thought that Doom would sound cool with something so I looked down, saw my pants and figured I was a dude. Luckily, someone has already taken the name of doomdude, so with great originality DoomDude1 was born.

from the book series enders game, if you haven't read it you definitely should, ender was a young boy who was born to fight in the bugger war (war on aliens)...i won't say much more because i don't wanna ruin it but the whole book series is great for anyone lookin for their next great read.

Guest MadMurdoch
Mine shows my age. It's after Murdock from the A-Team. Howling Mad Murdock.... and I don't mean that crap movie they made, I mean the original 1980s no-one gets killed, everyone gets locked up in a barn with tools and a bull dozer, I ain't gettin' on no plane. That one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Mine goes all the way back to 1999. My friends and I rented MTv's Music Generator and were so excited to make electro music we decided to create DJ names for our selves. I picked DJ HyPo only because the prefix, hypo, means under or beneath and all the best DJ's were the underground ones.

• 1 month later...
Guest Hornet117
Hornet: I am NOT the best player out there, however, my sting still hurts even the strongest man. 117...well i love the character of Spartan 117 Master chief John.

Guest EpikGam3r
The origin of my username goes back in 2011 when I created my second and now main YouTube channel, EpicGamers247. I've used EpikGam3r ever since.

Guest THEM1LKMAN1
About 7 years ago, was a friends account that he gave me on xbox, never felt the need to pay money to change it. I use it out of habit now, I do find it somewhat interesting for some reason

Guest BeforeDeth

My username used to be BlinkBeforeDeth. but in a lot of games it was to long so I shortened it to BeforeDeth. Basically it means the last thing you see before you die that last sight before you blink is me. I suppose it is dumb idk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
Guest I7arKFoX
My Name dates all the way back to my middle school days. My first game I ever played online with other people was Operation Flashpoint, the closest thing to battlefield back in those days. I used to fly the attack choppers a lot and I named myself on gamespy Foxpilot_Gregis, and a fox as my avatar. Later I started playing Age of Empires 2: Age of kings and for a Medieval time type game the name didn't quite fit. So I changed my name to DarK_FoX. I started to get good in Deathmatch in that game and the way people tell apart noobs from experts was your name was spelled weird... so I changed my name to |7arK Fo>< so the experts could always play together. Now most games don't allow those characters so now my name is what is now... for all online games I play u see I7arK FoX that's me :D

Guest swisskarma
im originally from switzerland so thats were i got the first part of the name swiss and iv done allot of bad things in my past but always payed the consequences so i made a quote saying only karma can stop me so thats were i got swisskarma from :D strange but yeah haha

Guest CW4.Sharpz=US=
I've always played recon is pretty much every game I've played so my nickname was Sharpshooter. But people are lazy and shortened it to Sharp. Origin won't accept Sharp so I had to go with Sharpz