obama or mccain poll

Guest Colee

i just want to restate the fact that i want no personal attcks or flaming against a nothercanudate accept the one u vote for. if u fell the need to say something it want only facts stated not any opinions thank u for the cooperation

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Ellenberg
[url]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7675927.stm[/url] If no-one saw that. If I were a Yank I'd vote for Obama. :)

Guest RET.SSgt. 8_Ball
Obama all the way... i don't care what people say... or if they call me stupid i believe he will be better than Mccain that's just my 2 cents on this..

Guest CPT.Buckshot=US=
[quote='WO1.millertime=US=','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=40610#post40610']The reason behind that is because in so many Americans' minds killing babies is the worst thing ever, much worse than killing a potential terrorist in Iraq or a convicted felon.[/QUOTE] Think about it this way, an innocent life does not deserve to be killed because someone else decides they are not wanted. Let's not end a life before it can begin. A Felon has broken major laws and possibly ended lives for personal or financial gain. IMO that person has forfeited their rights to life, liberty, and the persuit of happiness. If he/she can no longer contribute to society and only presents a threat to others why should they not be executed for killing others? A Terrorist is just that. In the case of most middle eastern terrorist organizations, they will never stop, they are commited to killing us for what they deam to be their god's wishes. THEY WANT OBAMA ELECTED! His planned withdrawal allows them relieved pressure to then regroup and attack again. I don't know about you but our military is over in Iraq and Afghanistan to make sure that can't happen. I want our military back home as much as the next guy, don't think I want them to continue to be killed by roadside bombs, yet some sacrifice their lives to defend everyone else. On the other issues, I am against Gay Marriage for the sake of my religion. Marriage is a religious cerimony straight out of the Bible. Civil Union is legal marriage without the term 'marriage'. Leave it at that. Guns...I think gun control is OK on a limited level, gun permits are ok with limits for those with criminal records; assault rifles are a no-no (because I deam it excessive force) Taxes...Don't tax me to pay for someone else who doesn't want to get a job... Economy...give me my money back, my 401k is almost nothing... Environment...green is good, but don't make me pay for carbon credits or I'll kick your a$$! As long as its a completely voluntary issue, I'll support it morally, but don't count on my financial donations. Health Care...I want my own healthcare, don't make me pay to keep you healthy. Pretty much everything else is a non-issue to me. Barack Obama is a 'fad' candidate, apparently you aren't cool unless you support Obama. I support McCain/Palin '08

Guest TermanatorXxX
Politics aside, the world population has got to get over the whole race issue. Regardless of your culture, heritage or political party that you side with, we are all on this world together. To not even consider a candidate or what they have to say just because of their race is arrogant. Another thing, there's so much of the "he said, she said" crap (on both sides) and too little of the "What I plan to do is...". Again, political parties aside, look at the candidates for what they have proposed that they'd do, what they're for and what they're against; not because the opposing candidate talked negatively about them, and just simply agree. Do your own detailed and research if you wish and construct your own conclusion about what they've said and done. It doesn't matter who the next president is--Sen. Obama, Sen. McCain, or a different candidate in this election. They don't mean anything unless everybody puts in their share. We're all in this together, whether you agree or not.

Guest CPT.Buckshot=US=
I didn't mean for my post to sound racist or arrogant, I was simply stating how I feel about the situation and explain my stance on certain issues. John McCain fits my views better (although not much better) than Obama. IMHO I think Obama is a 'fad' candidate because "ooh a black president would be so cool and its good for our country because it shows we are not racist" or "My Mom and Dad are voting for him" are not good, responsible reasons to vote for him. If you share his views and believe he can make them a reality, by all means vote for him, same with McCain. I will vote McCain because I want this country to stay a free social economy in all areas, of which tax increases and universal health care do not accomplish. I spend hundreds of dollars a year making sure I stay healthy, when you aren't making any money the thought of the government supplying your health care sounds pretty good...until you get a job and start paying higher taxes for the next guy's care. I'm all for helping people, but make it an optional and/or voluntary resource that the government can tap into to make sure people get what they need, don't MAKE me give up more of my hard-earned money for the people that won't do the same for me. Just my second round of my $0.02

Guest TermanatorXxX
[quote='1LT.Buckshot=US=','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=41474#post41474']I didn't mean for my post to sound racist or arrogant, I was simply stating how I feel about the situation and explain my stance on certain issues. [/QUOTE] Nah, I wasn't directing it to you or anybody in this thread directly. I was just putting it out there in general as my Point-of-View and what I have seen throughout some of McCain's supporters (who McCain has even said that such comments were uncalled for) and just society in general. You have your right to voice the candidate that you support, and I fully respect that. :D

Guest CPT.Buckshot=US=
Not to sound racist, just to point out the facts...if Obama were a little older, a little more experienced, or if he were caucasian, he would have run away with the election...but a good portion of America is still racist. To me, race or gender has no bearing on the skills and abilities someone possesses. In my eyes, age, gender, or, most of all, race, should not be a boundary someone should have to overcome.

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
Whats funny Buck is that I CONVINCED my parents to vote for Obama, not the other way around. Its hard to still believe that McCain has such support after he was easily beaten in all the debates (the VP debate was a joke). Does that not show how much more knowledgeable Barack is? Just because he hasn't been in Washington doesn't mean he knows nothing about it, even though many people assume that as true. Palin? I'm sorry but no. There are many reasons that McCain could've picked Palin for, being a woman, being young, but I think he did it just because he doesn't want to get assassinated and having Palin be your #2 is a good way to watch your back. Reminds me of Dave Chappelles old stand up [url]http://www.glumbert.com/media/blackpresident[/url] But even if I didn't think McCain would be as bad or worse than Bush, he is too old to risk the chance that Palin will be our president. I will move away and start using a fake accent so no one would give me **** for having a president as dumb as her. She will set this country back 25 years in science if she had it her way. But don't listen to me listen to Matt Damon [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anxkrm9uEJk[/url] It's funny and yet scary about the Disney movie thing...and you think our relationship with the middle east is bad now? Having an ignorant female president might just be the "maverick" move we need to win the "war on terror". Just like the war on drugs that war will never be won and will be a money pit JUST LIKE THE WAR ON DRUGS STILL IS. I'm sorry but its been 37 years and more people do drugs now than before and yet we've spent countless amounts of cash on the war on drugs that could've been used for education and health care (see [url=http://www.tanyahoughton.com/kris/norml/]this[/url]. Don't you think the war on terror is the same? If you try really hard to push something back it will eventually fight back and grow against you (*cough*drugs/prohibition*cough*). I think the war on terror is one of the dumbest things americans supported since prohibition. I do support the troops before people start calling me anti-american (Though aren't hippies americans too? If you don't support them aren't you anti-american? ) but they have no control over where they are sent to fight, they are just always told its for the benefit of your country. Palin stands for many things I disagree with, and personally I could never elect anyone who doesn't believe in evolution. I would hope my president has deductive reasoning, instead of blind faith.

Guest Greyst.
Really Obama winning the debates? This isnt a real quote but this is about what he sounds like Oh uhh Good question ummmm uhhh The uhh Economy is uhhhhh bad. He is a great speech giver ill admit but debates are not his strong point. Palin might not be the smartest person in the world but shes most definately better than biden is. Remember his remark on the great depression? I cant remember exactly what he said but in it he named the wrong president during that time and said he got on the tv the night it started...except they had no tvs back then... Honestly I dont think either canidate is amazing but ill take mccain over obama ANY day. Oh and not to sound racist or anything but the only reason obama has made it this far is BECAUSE hes black. I guarantee if he was white Hilary would've won the president pick.

Guest TermanatorXxX
[quote='SPC.Greyst=US=','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=41508#post41508']Really Obama winning the debates? This isnt a real quote but this is about what he sounds like Oh uhh Good question ummmm uhhh The uhh Economy is uhhhhh bad. He is a great speech giver ill admit but debates are not his strong point. Palin might not be the smartest person in the world but shes most definately better than biden is. Remember his remark on the great depression? I cant remember exactly what he said but in it he named the wrong president during that time and said he got on the tv the night it started...except they had no tvs back then... Honestly I dont think either canidate is amazing but ill take mccain over obama ANY day. Oh and not to sound racist or anything but the only reason obama has made it this far is BECAUSE hes black. I guarantee if he was white Hilary would've won the president pick.[/QUOTE] A candidate cannot rip the opposing candidate for lack of experience when the attacker does not have experience themselves--and that goes for both parties. The first regularly scheduled television service in the United States began on July 2, 1928, therefore had televisions, just were not as popular or common to have as they are in present day. [quote='Biden Comment']"When the stock market crashed, Franklin Roosevelt got on the television and didn’t just talk about the princes of greed,..."[/quote] President Roosevelt was the President of the United States from 1933 to 1945 (which is during the Great Depression). State your facts, (not any possible personal opinions) as to why he is winning just because he is black. By saying that "not trying to sound racist...but the only reason obama has made it this far is BECAUSE hes black." does not show any statistical proof that he is winning due to his race; it basically shows nothing and is an unfair dis just because he is of a different race.

Hoover was the president when the market crashed. And I somewhat agree with Greyst, I think that because everyone wants the change the fact that he is black helps him somewhat, since electing a black president is a huge change to a lot of people. Me, I think it's stupid that anyone would consider someone's sex or race as a factor, but a lot of people do.

Archived