Graphics card question.

Guest Doubleome

Guest Doubleome
But then ofc. Im not gonna run really high reso+ all the AA stuff to have 20 FPS while the GT would have 10. I seen both cards go above 50 FPS on CoD4 with max setting at 1680-**** so guess its no big deal. My screen can only take 1680-1050, then I guess only question left is do i want to play with AA etc. If FPS stay above 30FPS im oke with AA.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest gamerk2
Either card should be able to handle 2x AA. If you run at 1280x1024, even 4x AA (which will become DX 10.1 standard on the next series of cards) shouldn't be too big a killer. Based on what resolutions you want to run, the GT model would be a slightly better buy.

Guest Doubleome
Thats what I had sofar. Never had a Nvidia. When I still had warantee i guess its called. On my first ati card with some passive cooling, i cooked about 5 of em 1 week after it was in the pc.

Guest gamerk2
Passive cooling = bad :D I've found NVIDIA to be much better than ATI, especially in the Driver department. Still, ATI is at least a generation behind on hardware right now, even with their support of DX 10.1 (which won't be standard for at least 2 years or so :D )

Archived