A thing about a thing...

Guest iMaXout

Guest iMaXout

So ladies an gentlemen, You gave a noob a forum, here we go.

I have two options on my up and coming build, most of the parts are in so i am getting anxious and excited; My options are, Stay with the original CPU fan, not voiding the warranty, or using the after-market fan, voiding the 3-year warranty(or does it?). This being my first build it seems like my head is spinning, but a assure you, it is not.

Options, opinions, o for heaven sakes i can't wait to play battlefield.

Guest iMaXout

So ladies an gentlemen, You gave a noob a forum, here we go.

I have two options on my up and coming build, most of the parts are in so i am getting anxious and excited; My options are, Stay with the original CPU fan, not voiding the warranty, or using the after-market fan, voiding the 3-year warranty(or does it?). This being my first build it seems like my head is spinning, but a assure you, it is not.

Options, opinions, o for heaven sakes i can't wait to play battlefield.

I would get the aftermarket fan. I don't see how they will be able to tell what fan you put on based on the thermal paste residue. That being said, watch a video of how to properly apply thermal paste. Also make sure if you get a directional fan that you install it with the air going in the correct direction, unlike how I first installed my fan. After you complete your build the first thing you should do is make your temperatures are within typical ranges. If your temperatures are correct then you probably did everything right.

I would get the aftermarket fan. I don't see how they will be able to tell what fan you put on based on the thermal paste residue. That being said, watch a video of how to properly apply thermal paste. Also make sure if you get a directional fan that you install it with the air going in the correct direction, unlike how I first installed my fan. After you complete your build the first thing you should do is make your temperatures are within typical ranges. If your temperatures are correct then you probably did everything right.

Archived