Need a compact/portable rig

Guest Aristo

I've played on this gaming laptop for a good couple years, including all through BF3 till now, since I've been away at college. Having a laptop I could lug around was a reasonable investment. However, it's filling up and just isn't up to the standard I'd like for BF4. I don't take it around much for my classes; it just sits on my desk, and so there's really no reason not to have a small desktop with better output instead.

I want something that'll run smoothly, with minimal hiccups, but a case that's on the smaller side. Something easy to transport around. When I'm done next year, I can set it up wherever I end up and not have to worry about taking it back and forth. That said, my only concern is getting enough air flow with a small case.

hmmmm, http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/ they have a few cool looking boxes that look kinda small. Just custom pick based on your prices and go nuts. The prices there in my opinion equal what you would get if you bought each piece from newegg or amazon, except they build it, test it, and ship it to you with warranty.

Guest MAJ.Spartan-S63=US=
You should also look into mini-ITX builds if you're really interested in portability. I know it gets a little cramped in those kinds of cases, but mini-ITX has matured enough that the cases provide adequate airflow and the motherboards offer premium features as well. I know most mini-ITX cases will let you use a full-length graphics card (usually a clearance of about 12").

Guest RET.GEN.Darmine
Mini-ITX builds are the way to go if you want compact. You can get a pretty good BF4 worthy system with that form factor.

Guest RET.1SG.Maysin=US=

I know you're probably looking to build a rig, SGT. However, i thought the Origin Chronos looks pretty decent and is form factored. (http://www.originpc.com/gaming/desktops/chronos/) Origin PC is a pretty good company and i like their rigs. Its also important to note that it is capable for upgrading and has good airflow from what i hear.

Anyway, i just thought i could make a suggestion :)

Hope you find what you are looking for SGT! (i used to be a Laptop gamer too :p and PC > Laptop, always!)

Guest slackin
i agree with RET.1stLt.Spartan-S63 and GEN.Darmine you can build a nice little rig with mini-itx and fairly cheap for gaming as well i spent over 1600 on my computer 3 years ago no i can build one for 600 less if not more most of it depends on how much the case i like is and how much cooling i need the origin chronos' are nice but you are paying for the origin name mostly you can build it for less and still have a nice case plus it will only really weight 10-20 pounds depending on the case and basically your hard drives my full case weighs about 30 pounds if you want Sgt.Aristo i can build one up and link you everything all you would have to do is buy the parts and put it together

Guest slackin

Archived