New cooling

Guest EPiiKK

Guest EPiiKK

Heyheyhey my friends!

I just received alot of money (well alot for me atleast... ) and i thought i would like to invest some of them to something close to my heart, my PC:) To be more specific i was thinking about making my PC very quiet as my current cooling makes alot of noise. So what parts would you recommend?

My rig:

Antec sonata III case

750W power supply

8gb of kingston ddr3 1600mhz

asrock motherboard

phenom II 810 x4 @2.60mHz

asus gtx 560

budget +/-150€

Guest Thompson

... well first off, that depends on what type of cooling you are looking into: whether it be via fans, or water cooling ==> and also whether it's cooling for the case, or for say the CPU. Personally, I've been using fans - have not really delved into the water cooling side of the world ...

I personally recommend shopping @ newegg.com ~ THE BEST place to find PC components on the web. Here is my personal recommendation for fans: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835200028 . It's a wonderful investment; comes with a speed adjustor - plus it's relatively quite (depending on what rpm you set it to). I've got an Antec 300 Illusion case - comes with three 120mm fan (2 LED, 1 non) + one 140mm + 1 Rosewill 120mm fan on the side for graphics card cooling.

On top of that - I've got an additional 2 fans running for my CPU cooling device. Here's my personal CPU fan recommendation: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103065 It comes standard with one stock fan; on top of that I added the additional Rosewill fan.

... so in total, I have 7 fans running - and it's relatively quite, I mean, 7 fans can only be so quite.

But on the other hand, please note, I've built my system around a budget based one - these are ones that I believe are cheap, but yet highly efficient. These are by no means fancy like the higher end ones.

Happy Shopping!

Guest EPiiKK
on my corrent system i have one 120mm fan on the back of my case, nothing else. Its loud if i put it on highest rpm possible.

Guest Thompson

Sounds like it's at least a several year old fan; try upgrading to a more modern fan - they are much quieter.

Another point, try to go for ball bearing fans over sleeve bearing fans ~ they will last long/wont break down as easily.

• 1 month later...
Guest GiffMeister83

Hi,

On my rig i have a corsair H100 cooler on my cpu which has 2 x 120mm fans on a rad and then a 240mm front fan and a 120mm rear fan. one thing i noticed buying ultra quiet fans is a false economy the extra your pay for them and its only a slight drop in db compared to normal fans. wel thats been my experience. often its down to the harmonics of the case. Having cushions between the case and fan can help keep things quite.

Archived