New Tribe Discovered???

Guest RET.SSG.Trajan=US=

Guest Hawkeye1234535678
[quote='SSG.Mystical=US=','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=33050#post33050']That's pretty much exactly what we shouldn't do. Study them, and their culture fades.[/quote] exactly, their not pieces of meat, their still human, we should treat them with respect, obviously they dont want to be disturbed, we shouldnt bother then, my reason/ look at the pervious, 4 or so posts

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
I honestly don't think the cold or flu would kill them, unless some of them were old. Plenty of people get Colds and Flus and never get them treated because they don't want to, or they can't afford it but its not a fatal sickness. If contact is made it would take a long time before we could understand them, their language is probably very unique. And it would take awhile to understand them or to even talk to them. I remember awhile ago reading an article about a tribe who only communicate with sounds they make, and it took a professor like 30 years to even begin to feel welcome and understand them. And the chance they have the cure for AIDs is slim, but its possible. The cure for small pox just happened to be found by someone who noticed milk maids never got smallpox because they normally got something called [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Jenner]cowpox[/url] turns out that it led to the cure for smallpox. I am a scientist at heart and my personal belief is that we should make contact to see if there is anything useful this tribe might know, i'm not saying capture them, but they should be studied and seen how they have lived in seclusion for so long, and what they know/believe. I would like to believe that our society is smart enough to not exterminate an entire tribe if they chose to study them.

Guest RET.LTC.Skelly=US=
Xander, you really got with the Christian bashing. As a Christian myself, you must really hate me, I would rather they come to Christ, then sit in there hut and burn in hell for all eternity. Now I know I'm not going to convience you your wrong, and your not going to convince me I'm wrong. That's the thing about Christianity, it's not up to me to convince you, just to tell you. God made this hunk of rock unique, he can take care of your needs as well. But a mission group would not kill these people. Now as for Technology, that is going to get to them. It's a bit pompus to say they are better off with out it, you first have to find out if they want it. I like my broadband over my old dial up. I like my A/C over a fan. I'm sure these folks would like a refredgerator over a rotting bowl of fish. We all did on a world wide scale. It's our arrogance that thier better off without that disturbs me. They're people not animals, so they don't need any wildlife protection act. As for illiness, every baby adapts, every person adapts, and modern medicine can help. But we are not going to agree, luckly it's not up to either one of us. As for the global warming, they exhale, burp, and fart so they are contributing to problem. Al Gore said so. Them and those animals in the forest. We should hunt more.

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
Skelly I was born and raised Catholic, all I had to do was read the King James Bible, and a few historical records to become an Atheist. [url]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1543831119879192379[/url]

Guest RET.LTC.Skelly=US=
I am truely sorry to hear that Xander. But I know you believe strongly in your faith that there is no God. Just as I believe strongly in my faith that there is. BTW I thought the Catholics used a different Bible than the King James? Seeing as James was part of the Church of England which founded the Protestent movement away from the Chatholic Church.

Guest PFC.Nogger=US=
[quote='Ret.Xander=US=','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=34492#post34492']I honestly don't think the cold or flu would kill them, unless some of them were old. Plenty of people get Colds and Flus and never get them treated because they don't want to, or they can't afford it but its not a fatal sickness.[/QUOTE] As their body is not used to the normal flu or cold, anyone in that triibe would be killed or be seriously messed up BY the nomal flu or cold. Its not that flue and colds dont kill us, we have had hundreds of years to get used to the viruses that cause it.

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
KJV bible is the oldest English translated bible, I don't speak Hebrew. I tend to trust the older source instead of the "updated" bibles. The Hell you are probably thinking of is the one Milton came up with in [i]Paradise Lost[/i], Hell isn't even mentioned until the newer bibles have been released.

Guest RET.LTC.Skelly=US=
Actually Xander, Hell is not a place that Milton thought of. Several religons have a hell. The greek and Romans called it Hades, and it was the third level of the Underworld. The Bible doesn't speak of Hell as firery place with pitch forks. The fire is not mentioned until Revelations. It is a lake that death and Hell are cast into. Hell, is a place in which God is not present. In the story of the rich man and Lazarus, the Rich Man lifted his eyes and was in torment. Now this was not Hell, but Christ told this to illustrate that seperation from God is torment. Hell was not ment for Man, man choose that path when he dified God. At times I wished that I didn't have to worry about a high power, that there is a punishment for rejecting Christ, Usually it is when I am really ticked at someone. If God does not exist why be good right. But I have seen proof in my own life. The Holy Spirit has revealed the truth to me. My simple knowledge cannot explain why things are the way they are. The world is to perfect to be just a random happening of chance. Every culture knows this to be true, that's why there are no great athiestic cultures out there. Man has always worshipped some god. This tribe, go and see, they will have a god or gods of some kind. So, I've never read Milton, but I have read Luke. I've also seen my life touched by God. I'm not saying I'm perfect because I'm a Christian, I just reliezed how unperfect I actually am.

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
I didn't know we could use Greek and Roman Mythology as a source. In that case I might call up Hermes(Mercury), offer him a business proposition to start the worlds fastest delivery service. And no when I said "hell you are probably thinking of" i mean the story of hell that, Lucifer is a fallen angel from heaven, ect. Beelzebub, ect. thats Milton. Look you can spit up as many bible stories as you want, i take scientific evidence over a book that talks about prejudice, incest, it advocates violence and murder, superstition, and human rights violations. You can't pick and chose the "good" quotes, its the "word of god" you have to take it all. And if you like to think people lived to be 700 years and someone could part the Red Sea then I won't be able to get through to you. Your faith overpowers your logic, and I can only speak from a logical standpoint.

Guest RET.LTC.Skelly=US=
Actually, I am a very logical, data driven person. I have a 4 degree in Science and Engineering. I'm a student of History. I have a very prove it to me additude. But age has taught me that because I don't understand something doesn't mean it's not true. I can not explain why wife would not go into true labor with are last child even when she was having true contractions. the Doctor's couldn't explain it. They also can't explain why a woman goes into labor in the first place. They can give you conditions that preceed it, conditions to force it. But what natural causes it is a mystery to science. They just can't get over that last hump. Now I could give you a Biblical reason, but you would have to take it on faith, which is harder to do than developing an reason for yourself. Faith is not a weakness. And belief in God and his son doesn't mean I believe in slaughtering Indians in the name of God. That is people who use a popular belief to gain and maintane power. Becareful in a blind trust in Science. When I was born the Earth was going to Freeze and a second Ice age was coming. Now it's going to burn and we will all drown. Science his a guess that is not always right, hence the "chaos therory" creation. Touchie subject isn't it :). We all have our own beliefs and can not force another to truely accept them because each individuals experiance is different. And the mythology in Greece was their relegion. I used that to illistrate that Milton was a "Johny Come Lately" to a Hell concept. I guess I miss interpeted your analgy. As Milton did not fit into what my Bible tells me of Hell.

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
The freezing and cooling of the Earth were/are theories based on statistical data, they weren't/aren't proven, they are not laws. I don't know why you brought up the labor thing, it seems people only revert to God if they come to a near death experience, and I am sorry to hear about your last child and I sure SCIENCE did everything they could to keep them safe. And it seems google has more than a few hits on what [url=http://www.google.com/search?q=what+causes+a+woman+to+go+into+labor&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a]causes women to go into labor. [/url] Talking about God and slaughtering people ever heard or some small conflicts in the middle east called [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusade]The Crusades[/url]. The slaughtering of thousands all over who has the better imaginary friend. Take that even further and look at the story of Saladin a Muslim hero. To give a quick history lesson in the early crusades when the Christian church took Jerusalem, they killed everyone inside. When Saladin took Jerusalem back in the next Crusade, this Muslim, spared the lives of everyone in the city. Even before that if you take the Bible seriously God himself slaughted an entire city (Genesis 19:24-25), or killed children of an entire country (Exodus 11:1-12:36). But of course that was centuries ago, i'm sure having a reformed Nazi soldier as a pope, and molesting children is the new way to go. Look you keep putting real life into perspective, but your religion is founded on the bible, if you can't support it then your no more a Christian than I am.

Guest BG.Darmine
This is just a warning for both of you.. If this turns into a flame war or anything of the sort i will lock this thread quicker then you can blink. Now how the hell did this go from discovery of a tribe to this. Also Xander the things you speak of, Crusades and a Nazi pope is not God's doing. Man is the one who inflicts death hatred and anger upon each other.

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
To be honest I think if this discussion stays just between me and Skelly it won't get out of hand. Look back a few pages to see how it came to this. Well Darmine your obviously going to get support from me that God didn't cause it, since I don't believe in him. But you are missing the point I'm talking about the Christian religion using its early influence and power to try to conquer the world. Don't think sending missionaries to remote locations to teach these tribes people wasn't originally thought of so they could spread their influence and gain more followers. [quote=LTC.Darmine]Man is the one who inflicts death hatred and anger upon each other.[/quote] Ever heard of Holy War? The Christians dominated the middle ages with torture and death to all who were of a separate faith. More recently some Muslims, who of course now are "terrorists" have declared a Holy War aka Jihad on certain countries and people. Yet how different is it from the Christians ransacking Jerusalem all those years ago? Not to mention how they killed and destroyed so many people and beautiful places just because they were Pagans. And to be honest Pagans, seemed a lot more reasonable than Christians. Look, I know I will not have many people hop on the Atheist band wagon, but I will discuss this with as many people who want to bring it up as long as they can have a civilized conversation. And honestly I think you would be amazed by how many people stay in the religion just for the "death package" as I call it. How nice does everlasting happiness sound? Oh good because if you follow this religion and give us money, and be obedient, then we'll tell you that after you die and can't do anything to us, we'll say that you went "to a better place" and yes it will comfort the people that were close to you. But your ass is decomposing in front of them. Instead of talking about some Disneyland attraction in the sky that your enjoying, they should reminisces about your life, how its impacted there's and all of the memories you bring them. That's your afterlife, and that's how you live on, through conscious memories of your Existence.

Guest BG.Darmine
I think it is funny what you have written above, It says what i have said in my one sentence just drawn out into a CPT.Mac kinda way. But you are right Christians, Muslims, Jews are all religions ran by men, therefor corruption runs ramped and men use God to gain power or control. It is sad really that they do that but it is the way it is..:|

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
Its amazing how these religions talk so much of peace and their followers can't really see the big picture. The biggest example is Scientology, but not to many notches down there is Christianity in the never ending quest to have as much influence and power as they did near a millennium ago. The peaceful religions are the ones that have been notoriously blackballed by the big three today, the destruction of the Pagan religion was one of the first of many atrocities that the Christians have brought to this world over the years. I also have to ask you devout Christians I have to assume you believe in Creationism over Evolution? If so I have much more to discuss.

Guest RET.LTC.Skelly=US=
Xander, I go back to my orginal statement in how Religion, including Christianity, have been distorted by man to achieve and maintain power. Similar to how Democrates use the environment to get votes to maintian power yet have a bigger carbon footprint than most republicians. People will always corrupt, because of our sin nature. As for evolution, yes things adapt to changes in environment, can't argue that. I am far more better suited for snow than a person born and raised in Flordia, but adaptation r evolution does not explain origin. Do I have all the answers. No. I'm no different than you. I'm a simple sinner, who is saved by grace. I do know that I have a purpose. You want say we came from some puddle in lightning strike. Fine. Where did the puddle come from? The big bang, where did that material come from? None of the therories, and they are thories, can explain how it all started. That can't create the material only change it. Creation is the formation of something from nothing. This is actually starting to upset me so I should just drop it. I just really dislike people telling me what I believe, but never really talk to me about it. Here is what I believe. 1. There is a GOD. 2. GOD created all things 3. Man sinned against GOD 4. GOD provided Man a salvation from SIN through his Son Jesus. 5. Jesus is Coming back on this earth. If you want to call me narrow minded, unintelligent, ill-informed, or just plan crazy go ahead. I answer to God in the end not man. It's God's love for me that has me conserned for others. Because to be honest and un-Christianly. I really could careless about others if I didn't have to answer to God. People are rude, foul, and unterly intolorabel to be around. Just ask any Officer in the clan who gets jerked out of a game to settle stupid argument. You may be smarter than me. You may be right, there is no god and this life is all there is. But if your wrong, you and any who follow are worse off for it. If I'm wrong you've just lived a moral life and tried to make it a better place for the person next to you.

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
It's scientific fact that something can be created from nothing, E=mc² proves that. Your belief is that the Universe had to "begin", while I believe the Universe always is. Just recently scientists found on a meteorite, traces of the building blocks of life [url=http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=were-meteorites-the-origi]link[/url]. Which just goes to prove this planet didn't need any help to become seeded with life. Also the statement you made, that if I was wrong [i]"you and any who follow are worse off for it"[/i]. I find that interesting, because if you are right at the "Final Judgment" I will be put forth in front Peter and the Gates of Heaven and be asked if I accept God and Jesus and what not, well if that's the case then scientific reasoning would compel me to say "yes" because then finally I would have proof and scientifically I would believe. Now unfortunately your basing your idea off a 1000 year old book and some word of mouth, I'm basing mine off scientific research and support for my claims and facts to back up my hypothesis. So I think I might be closer to the correct end of the spectrum. Also if God created all things which Genesis book is the way God did it? Book 1 or Book 2? In the first chapter God creates Adam and Eve at the same time, in the second chapter God creates Adam and then Adam names the animals does a few things, then he gets lonely tells God hes lonely and God creates Eve from the rib. So which one do you believe?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RET.GEN.Kraor
The one thing I find funny is Xanders says he doesn't believe in God, which I assume means heaven and hell, yet his sig quotes it? LOL

Guest RET.GEN.Kraor
This is being posted to be fair to my old friend Xander. I didnt notice it was locked, I can reply to anything. [QUOTE=Ret.Xander=US=]The quote in my sig references hell as a figurative place. Many things that are non-existent are referenced all the time to emphasize a point. Hell is a figurative place where "bad things go" therefor in accordance with the quote: "Good music is good music, and everything else can go to (a place where 'according to legend' bad things go)". I just thing hell sounds better and can be universally recognized be people who read it. I agree with the quote which is why its on my sig, I don't think music should be divided into genre's I think you should have either good music or bad music. PS By posting in a locked thread with a stab at me to make it seem like you have the final "witty" word. I think it is pretty weak to be posting in a locked and a 2 week old discussion thread so nobody can respond.[/QUOTE]

Guest RET.GEN.Kraor
Figuratively or not I still found it ironic and humorous. Hell is a place described by most of the religions of the world and since you were proclaiming to be a non-believer I thought the sig quote was funny, not a stab, or are you inferring that my beliefs and thinking have to be in line with yours to be funny or not? And as far as music goes, who decides what is good or bad? What would the definition of good and bad be? Some would say good represents things that are wholesome and positive and add to peace and harmony in the world, others would say good is whatever makes them happy, but what if what makes them happy makes you un-happy? Is it still good? or was it even good to begin with? As far as KJV vs. newer translations, all are not created equal. NIV is the version I believe is the best translation as many more manuscripts dating older than those used to translate KJV were found and used for the NIV translation and it is more accurate and is written in modern english instead of the Old English style. You can believe what you want, I hope as Skelly and others in this clan, that one day you find your way to believe in Jesus Christ. But I respect your freedom to have your own beliefs. All I ask for is the same.

Archived