New Tribe Discovered???

Guest RET.SSG.Trajan=US=

Guest RET.SSG.Trajan=US=
This morning I saw on the news that the US discovered a new tribe. But are they dangerous? Are they friendly? Should we go and meet them?

Guest 1ggy
The US didn't discover a new tribe, some activists down in brazil did. And no we shouldn't, they've never had contact with the outside world before, so if we tried to talk to them they'd probably all get sick and die.

Guest TermanatorXxX
[quote='PFC.1ggy=US=','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=31824#post31824']The US didn't discover a new tribe, some activists down in brazil did. [/QUOTE] But we all know how our media analysts like to be...They want to try to brainwash us to thinking that they were first on the scene.

Guest 1ggy
Yeah, they have some pictures of some of the men from the tribe aiming bows at the chopper as it flew over to take the pictures. But in all honesty, trying to make contact with them would probably ruin their way of life for good. We'd introduce disease, not to mention the huge impact it would be to their culture to see some of our technology. Someone once said "sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic", and that's true.

Guest RET.SCPO.Mystical=US=
The Amazon is huge so it's possible there are more tribes like this, tribes we have never heard of. If you try and contact them they will probably go bananas.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BuzzBoi315
You know, I doubt that it's a 'new' tribe, anyway. Prolly been around as long as all the other ones, just the conquistadors never killed them off.

[quote='SPC.Ying_Jr=US=','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=33032#post33032']i think its cool that someone found a new tribe cause it would be neat to learn there way of life[/QUOTE] That's pretty much exactly what we shouldn't do. Study them, and their culture fades.

Guest SnipeLock
i say forget it one day no matter what they will somehow contact modern society, by accident i assume, and that will end all their old ways.... its really sad

Guest PFC.Nogger=US=
They should leave those poor tribesmen and women alone. Just the chopper that flew over to take the picture probably already made a huge impact in their culture.

Guest mishu
[quote='RT.Nogger=US=','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=33077#post33077']They should leave those poor tribesmen and women alone. Just the chopper that flew over to take the picture probably already made a huge impact in their culture.[/QUOTE] They've probably already incorporated it into their religion. I wonder if they think it is friendly or evil? They could be living in fear that the "monster from the sky" could come back.

Well they tried to kill the chopper with a bow and arrow. Might be concidered Evil and now they may even worship it to prevent further harm.

Guest RET.LTC.Skelly=US=
I fail to see how in-door plumbing, Video games, coca-cola, and the electric light are inferier to thier way of life. There is a reason why thier culture would die if they meet up with modern man, their way sucks. Turn off your main breaker and main water valve, then go 7 days like that. you'll be bored at night and tired throught the day. At the end you will have nothing to show for it. Technology is man's achievement to overcome a barrier. They would probably love to have running water and a 7-11 in the village. They just don't know how to get it.

Guest mishu
Well, if everyone lived like them at least the world wouldn't fall apart as a result of global warming, pollution, and the desertification of the world's fertile land. But we would be bored I'd give you that. Besides they aren't bored, they have no knowledge of the "advantages" of civilization. They are perfectly happy I'm sure with they're way of life. "Civilization" would only corrupt they're way of life.

Guest Conman51
all this time humans have been around w/ infered tech and stuff like taht and we barley just found thesee ppl hiding under trees?? :p but ya we shouldnt meet them every one should just stay away and let them live there lives do they speak any related languages of that area??

Who said it's inferior to their way of life? Besides, we wouldn't only be introducing electricity and all that crap, but diseases they've never been exposed to.

[quote='PFC.1ggy=US=','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=34349#post34349']diseases they've never been exposed to.[/QUOTE] Incans.

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
This tribe is NOT new or newly discovered, they have been known about for close to 100 years. The tribe is located in Brazil and it has several sub tribes. The picture in both the yahoo aricle posted earlier and this article [url]http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2008/06/080619-uncontacted-tribe.html[/url] was just recently taken in May which is why this is being talked about again. From what I've read no one has made contact with them, and anytime something flies over to take pictures most of them run into their huts or the woods. The debate over if we should contact them and show them the 21st century is futile, because even today people wish things could be as simple as they were back when everyone was in a tribe. Contact also threatens them with diseases they probably haven't had to face and could potentially wipe out a whole tribe (though unless the people making contact somehow have small pox or measles I think they would be fine) But establishing contact could also prove beneficial, i'm sure they know a lot of things that could prove useful to us. For all we know they have the cure for AIDs. I for one hope the Christians don't somehow send some missionaries down there and try to convert them, because the last thing this planet needs right now, is more Christians.

Guest Hawkeye1234535678
[quote='Ret.Xander=US=','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=34376#post34376'](though unless the people making contact somehow have small pox or measles I think they would be fine) [/quote] well see thats where you go wrong man, if you remember when the british came to america, the first crew didnt have measles or small pox, they had scervy, which the natives fixed, however our common everyday flu or cold, could very well kill them, think about this, if a cold or flu can kill elderly, even with all the technology and this High Tech stuff, with all the vacines ect. How do we know for sure it wont kill this tribe or any other tribe, a safe way to go is in with sterlization suits, however, that causes more problems, we look different and would scare them away. im not entirely sure what one to do but i think the best thing to do is leave them be, with the rainforest being destroyed they will eventually find us... and i doubt they would have a cure for aids, unless their tribe is the one with the doctor from western :P, or they have the village idiot who screws monkeys as a past time..

Archived