Internet Censorship

Guest BigMac530

Guest RET.LTJG.Yong=US=

No one has talked about SOPA and Protect IP bills that are being forced through legislation right now, people especially gamers and gaming clans need to raise awareness of this real threat. Even if you are not from the United States, it will still affect you because most websites are from the United States like Google, Youtube, Facebook, Yahoo, and etc.

Here is a video from a well known gamers, TotalHalibut, who is also not from the United States but knows full well what these bills can do.

Guest Goliathos
Thanks Xeromabin, you nailed it on the head, government needs to stay away from our simple freedoms. The basic truth is that piracy will always be around and like so many others on this thread have said, there's nothing you can do about it. If the companies don't like things being pirated then maybe they should only sell products through mail order or retail stores, sure people would still record and upload to pirating sites but this is all beside the point. Ever since the government has started to funds public things like schools and healthcare they've slowly been working their way into more and more control. However none of these services have directly affected communications and the freedoms there of, and ultimately communication is the only way we can effectively fight, as a united people, against bills just like this one. I urge all of you to be politically aware and active, the people of America need to decide what they want and so far as I'm able to observe, none of us want this. And hey to all the guys that were around when I was part of the =US=, its good to see that you're all still level headed.

Guest MAJ.Kaossilator=US=
That is loser talk.

Um... I understand you're passionate, LTJG. We're all definitely concerned about this bill and need to take it seriously. However, I'm fairly positive that doesn't justify calling someone a loser, whether or not you agree with their post....

Archived