New Rig

Guest DrPretender

Guest RET.Maj.Skyler=US=

how the heck do you change weapons in the jets? or do they only have coax gun?

You need to unlock them by getting points in the vehicles. Heat Seekers and such for vehicles.

Guest DrPretender

I need a new computer to be able to play BF3. I am looking at these components

Core i5-2500K, s1155 Intel Processor Core i5-2500K, s1155 € 190,98

Asus GeForce GTX570 DCII,1.2GB € 298,98

Corsair Vengeance DDR3,1600-8GB KIT € 51,99

Asus Motherboard P8Z68-V,s1155 € 140,98

Corsair Solid State Drive Force 3 - 60GB - 2.5inch € 96,95

Western Digital Hard Disc Caviar Black - 1TB - 3.5inch € 71,98

Cooler Master Power Supply Silent Pro M 600WATT € 82,98

€ 934,84

I may thinking of changing the graphics card to a GTX260ti €219 or Radeon 6950 €249.

What do you guys think of it? Any ideas or suggestions are welcome.

Guest redpanda

I think that if you have enough for the 570, keep it. Though, I'd get the EVGA brand for it since they have a killer OC warranty. If not, then 6950, since I believe it has a much higher PR and has DDR5 GRAM vs the 260's DDR3 GRAM. Also it has 1 gb of more graphics memory. Clocked higher, however it uses more power than the 260. If you're going to compare 260 vs 6950 then 6950 wins, however if you're comparing the 570 to 6950 it depends... on power the 570 wins by a margin (sooooo many juicy transistors) but if you want to go for the three monitor uberness then the AMD tech is much better than Nvidia's at the moment. Since AMD took over ATI, I believe they've been much more adept in bringing out drivers than ATI was... though this is pure speculation.

And this is a pure opinion based comment though I think from looking at the specs you're a ASUS fan? I found something similar from MSI for the mobo that isn't too shabby.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130616

Guest DrPretender
Yes I like the asus motherboard because it has the Z68 Chip-set. I don't like the H67. But thanks for your opinion. I appreciate it. Especially your comments on the Graphics card. But is in your opinion the Radeon better or the Nvidia GTX570? I found this EVGA: EVGA GeForce GTX570 HD SuperClocked €298

Guest RET.CDR.CrAzY_NuTtA=US=
Dont get anything but a z68, p87 and h67 are all good at their own things. Z68 brings the both together, i have this mobo and no probs whatsoever.

@ CDR.CrAzy, u mean P67 and x68 are combined in the z68.

The H67 is meant for in low budget PC's and will most likely be used in HTPC's or on mATX boards. This one has very basic specs and is not what you need for a gaming rig

Guest RET.MCPO.MasterOfPuppets=US=

That seems a little expensive for a 6950. I've been looking at 6950s and one of the more expensive ones were 230-250 CAD.

In the future use the appropriate sub-forums (just noticed them myself).

Guest SneakSnake
This is exactly what I have, well almost. But this system has worked fine so far playing on the highest settings in beta.

Guest CC.Decayed=US=

I've heard good things about Crucial, but don't know anything firsthand about them. I have 2 vertex2 in raid0 so I'm a bit behind the sata3 curve, but these are holding me up well atm. But I know ocz has had their share of issues too.

I forgot to mention a link for Corsair. I bought one for my wife's computer and I haven't had any personal issues, however, when I look at their forums, I am turned off. http://forum.corsair.com/v3/forumdisplay.php?f=206

Here's a great thread showing how great their support is.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=97592

well the vendor told me that the brand should not be the problem, more the parts it's build up from.

The crucial drivers are currently the fastest on the marvell controller and aboveall they are very reliable (as they told me) almost none returned from their owners.

furthermore it has a good price/gb ratio so

Guest N1GHTMAR3

Nice Rig, I guess you mean the GTX560Ti instead of 260Ti lol..

I've got the same Asus gtx570 card its real quiet though and get temps around 50C so alot of space to overclock, clock is set at 742mhz i easilly brought mine to 790-800mhz..

if you pick a H67 Mb itll be completely USELESS inc. with the 2500k.. If you want to overclock the 2500k on h67 its barely possible.. you'll need a p67 or z.. the biggest difference between those 2 boards is that the z67 has a onboard graphics card, while the p67 don't thats the only big difference, as i noticed you aint gunna use the onboard chip ofc. you could also go for the p67 board.. might save you a lil bit of extra money.. about the graphics card in my believes & after watching a lot of benchmarks (http://nl.hardware.info/productinfo/vergelijk/#tab:group_5) the 570 easilly beats the 6970 (even a better card than the 6950) the higher clock between these 2 cards are useless information.. they dont proof anything just a higher clockspeed but every clock on everycard is different when they've used other chips!!! imo i would stay with the asus card the cooling and quietness of the card is amazing! btw the nividia drivers are more stable than amd's drivers..

*EDIT*

Imma make things clear on the post right now:

The H67 board is low-budged with possibility to use the cpu's build in GPU you have the connectors on the MB (DVI, VGA) (Screwed up to overclock a 'K' CPU)!!!!! A GREENPOWER BOARD!!!!!!!!!

The P67 is more mid-range with no possibility to use the CPU's build in GPU option (No DVI nor VGA connectors on the MB), but more expension slots and more extra's (K cpu's overclockable my 2600k can hit 5.2ghz -_-)

The Z67 also a mid-range board with an onboardchip and also more expension possibilities you can either use the GPU in the cpu or a Graphics-card (Also overclockable board)

(DVI, VGA or HDMI on the MB)

The highend range of intel still needs to come its the socket 2011!!!!! THAT'll BE THE HIGH-END!!

Guest CC.Decayed=US=

Where you getting your numbers on 6970 vs 570? As far as most benches go they are basically equal. NV has some advantage in tesselation but that seems to be about it.

Here are some benches on BC2.

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/reviews/1085/pg7/gtx-570-vs-radeon-6970-and-6950-vs-radeon-5870-all-overclocked-review-bad-company-2.html

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4061/amds-radeon-hd-6970-radeon-hd-6950/18

At some of the higher reso, NV might outperform but in real world gaming scenarios, they are basicaly neck and neck... Personally I'd go with a 580, or wait for the 6xx

Guest N1GHTMAR3

Now ive seen your benchmarks there pretty equal yea, but the benchmark you showed we're all overclocked cards..

but still the nvidia drivers are more stable than amd's.. why would you get a 580? since a 570 and 580 are neck to neck (10fps more for +-100,-).. and the price difference between these 2 is around €100,-

check out this link:

http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_messages/1469638///battlefield%2C3%2Calpha

what card do you have right now!? You can better wait for the 6xx or ati's 7xxx..

AMD is promissing with those 7xxx series!

Sorry the link in my post before is broken it didnt work.......... as i set it to compair the 570 & 6970.. it resets itself somehow...

Guest CC.Decayed=US=
Now ive seen your benchmarks there pretty equal yea, but the benchmark you showed we're all overclocked cards..

but still the nvidia drivers are more stable than amd's.. why would you get a 580? since a 570 and 580 are neck to neck too.. and the price difference between these 2 is around €100,-

check out this link:

http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_messages/1469638///battlefield%2C3%2Calpha

what card do you have right now!? You can better wait for the 6xx or ati's 7xxx..

AMD is promissing with those 7xxx series!

Sorry the link in my post before is broken it didnt work.......... as i set it to compair the 570 & 6970.. it resets itself somehow...

Well I don't think 10 fps is "neck and neck"

I personally have a 6950 bios flashed to 6970 and am pretty satisfied with that performance.

Guest N1GHTMAR3

I mean the gtx570 vs the 6970 those are pretty neck to neck though..

the 570 and 6950 are not

570 vs 580 isnt a neck to neck fight, but still why would you pay €100+- for just 10fps more..

Guest N1GHTMAR3
Now I have a GTX260 and that one is unable to run BF3.

have you tried to set low settings, and then restarting the game?

dice has put up minimum requirements as followed:

•Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or Althon X2 2.7 GHz

•RAM: 2GB

•Graphic card: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible Nvidia or AMD ATI card, ATI Radeon 3870 or higher, Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT or higher.

•Graphics card memory: 512 MB

•Sound card: DirectX compatibl sound card

•Hard drive: 15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version

your gtx260 seems to fit in the minimum specs.. at least!

however a new rig is never a bad choice;p

My advice is to pick a MB that supports both sli and crossfire so you'll always have the option to put in a second card to increase the preformance..

Guest Navi491
I have a MSI motherboard and a Crucial RealSSD, and both are good quality, and awsome performance. No issues so far and i am going on 6months with them on my rig. I find that MSI has good quality on all the parts i have purchased from them for my current rig.

make sure you have a mobo that in the future if you wish, add crossfire with another 6950 and its makes a huge difference. i ran bf3 beta on ultra settings at 1400/900 resolution on my 42 inch lcd 60hrtz and it ran between 45-80 frames per second. would have been better if i had an actual computer monitor instead of vsyncing to my slow refresh rate tele.

Guest CC.Decayed=US=
I have a MSI motherboard and a Crucial RealSSD, and both are good quality, and awsome performance. No issues so far and i am going on 6months with them on my rig. I find that MSI has good quality on all the parts i have purchased from them for my current rig.

MSI motherboards are ****ty quality boards. I have one myself, and I have not had much issues either, however, I bought this before I found out.

Here is some info. I just don't trust a company with this kind of track record.

http://www.overclock.net/amd-cpus/943109-about-vrms-mosfets-motherboard-safety-125w.html

Guest RET.Capt.MustangMan94=US=

Strange I've never had any issues with MSI mobo's. Been using them almost exsclusively for the last four years. Then again I haven't been pushing for an extreme oc either.

Sent from my Tweaked Epic~!

Guest CC.Decayed=US=
Strange I've never had any issues with MSI mobo's. Been using them almost exsclusively for the last four years. Then again I haven't been pushing for an extreme oc either.

Sent from my Tweaked Epic~!

If you check out the link I posted, some of it is on stock lol. You're probably just lucky like me. It seems like their high end is ok, but their low end is garbage. Just want to at least let people know

Guest RET.Capt.MustangMan94=US=
I agree I don't trust their low end, I'm running a 790FX-GD70. Also the big difference I saw from your link is I'm only on a X4 not a X6 like they were showing. I'm a firm believer when it comes to computers you get what you pay for. Unless it's an Alienware (sorry big mac I had to).

Archived