Will it work?

Guest PainKiller

Guest MAJ.Kaossilator=US=

The CPU is on the official supported CPU list for the mobo as long as the mobo either comes flashed to at least BIOS revision 0304 or you flash it manually. I would assume it will ship with the latest BIOS, but worth making sure.

Also, good call on the CPU. Exactly what I have and it's flawless. Very OC'able, although I haven't messed around with that too much. Suffice to say, I haven't had to :) BC2 ramps up and maxes the CPU out when it first launches, the game, but during gameplay it sits at like... 15-20% I think last time I checked.

Guest D.Whitehurst
lol also just cause its AM3 Socket dont mean anything alot of motherboard will only support upto the Phenom II x4 955 some upto the 965 and FEW only upto the 980 witch is a beast.... but yes it will work... a little susgestion tho go with the 955 witch is what ive had and it works just as good there is no diffrence in gaming really as far as point somthing in FPS like a 0.5 FPS diffrence on the 955 vs 980 and also it can overclock very well most can go to 3.8 - 4.0 easily befor going up on voltage... ive had two 955's Blackies... and one went to 3.8 without rising voltage and other 4.2... :)

Archived