Gaming build

Guest RET.CW4.ThievingSix=US=

Ok so i came up with this gaming build, it use's pretty popular parts and a nice SSD while keeping the cost under $2000.

Windows 7 Professional

Western digital 1.5TB hard drive 7,200RPM

Corsair dominator 4GB DDR3 1600

Corsair AX-750W PSU

EVGA GTX570

ASUS P8Z68-V Pro

OCZ Vertex 3 Max IOPS

Coolermaster HAF X

Sony Blueray burner

Intel i5-2500k

Corsair H80 CPU cooler

Tell me what you guys think, originally i had a Soundblaster Fatal1ty in there but i cut that out because i diden't think there was much of a difference. Hopefully after i buy this PC you'll be able to hear me :D. Also what case's do you guys have/reccommend?

The total price is $1937. After shipping its around $2300.

Guest RET.CW2.POLLVX=US=

That seems a bit expensive for the items provided, Sergeant Major. The first combo at New Egg has:

• Antec Lanboy air Blue Black / Blue ATX Mid Tower Computer Modular Case
  • ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe LGA 1155 Intel Z68 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
  • ASUS ENGTX570 DCII/2DIS/1280MD5 GeForce GTX 570 (Fermi) 1280MB
  • Antec EarthWatts EA750 750W Continuous Power ATX12V version 2.3 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready
  • Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core
  • Kingston HyperX T1 Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
  • Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

All for $1204.99. You could throw in the SSD and few other pieces and keep it under $1600. They usually offer free shipping as well.

Yeah but that package doesen't include a CPU cooler(other than the stock), a disk drive or an OS. And i need all of those things since the PC i have now is still running XP with dell's default cooler.

Plus free shipping doesen't really apply for me because i live in Australia :D.

Do you guys think an SSD's worth it, i do but im not sure if i should go 120GB or just go with 60GB.

Guest RET.Maj.SKI=US=
Yeah but that package doesen't include a CPU cooler(other than the stock), a disk drive or an OS. And i need all of those things since the PC i have now is still running XP with dell's default cooler.

What happened to the epic storage cube?

Do you guys think an SSD's worth it, i do but im not sure if i should go 120GB or just go with 60GB.

60 GB goes quick when that is all you have (I know from experience). If you can afford it, I would go with the larger drive for the "Oh, it might be nice to install this on the that drive".

What happened to the epic storage cube?

60 GB goes quick when that is all you have (I know from experience). If you can afford it, I would go with the larger drive for the "Oh, it might be nice to install this on the that drive".

Unfortunately the epic storage cube has a passive heatsink, no graphics card or disk drive and is running ubuntu :D. It doesen't meet BF3's requirements :D.

The reason i went with the 570 was because it was much cheaper. The GTX 570 is $320 while the GTX 580 is around the $480 mark. Can the 5-10% increase in FPS be justified?. I don't think its worth paying the extra $160 for a couple of FPS here and there when i can easily over-clock the 570 and get competitive FPS, not that the difference is noticeable at anything above 35 FPS. Even if i were to run the card overclocked to the max for 2 years i'd just replace it 2 or so years and heat wear a major issue.

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/reviews/1080/pg15/inno3d-nvidia-geforce-gtx-570-review-gtx-570-vs-gtx-580-and-gtx-480.html

Archived