Upgrading the PC

Guest Drrps

Guest Drrps

I want to upgrade my pc for BF3 but im not very good at choosing components, well i don't even know what to choose, lol

Max budget: 600€ or 849,74 US dollars

Manufacturer:

System manufacturer

Processor: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz

Memory: 2046MB RAM

Hard Drive: 125 GB

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT

Windows Vista™ Home Basic (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.100218-0019)

Send the links of each component too, thx

Guest CC.Decayed=US=

I would wait till the new bulldozers come out. I don't know how accessible components are in europe, but you can do a 6core AMD right now for a good price. Biggest money will be in the gpu.

i'd probably recommend a 6950 1gb, which is $200ish in USD.

not really going to do an entire build for you, but look into that. But bulldozer releases in sept, so there is a good chance you will see price drops by then.

Guest BoneSmasher

here is what I upgraded to, i pick it up tommorrow :)

CPU: Intel® Quad Core i7-980X Extreme Edition 3.33 GHz 12M Intel Smart Cache LGA1366

Cooling Fan: Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA

Motherboard: Dual Asus P6X58D-E Intel X58 Chipset SLI/CrossFireX Mainboard Triple-Channel DDR3/1600 SATA-III RAID w/ 7.1Audio surround sound,GbLAN,IEEE1394a,USB3.0,SATA-III,RAID,3 Gen2 PCIe, 2 PCIe X2 & 4 PCI

Memory: 8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Triple Channel Memory Module [-96] Corsair

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590, the EK-FC590-GTX-Nickel (with transparent acrylic top)

Video Card 2: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590, the EK-FC590-GTX-Nickel (with transparent acrylic top)

Multiple Video Card Settings: Xtreme Performance in SLI/CrossFireX Gaming Mode Supports Six Monitors

Power Supply : 1,000 Watts - Thermaltake W0132RU ToughPower 80 Plus Power Supply - Quad SLI Ready

Hard Drive: Dual 80 GB Intel X25-M 2.5 inch SATA Gaming MLC Solid State Disk [-106]

Data Hard Drive: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD

Optical Drive: Asus BR-04B2T 4X Blu-Ray Player

Optical Drive 2: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive

Sound: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

Network: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network

Keyboard: Razer Lycosa Black USB Gaming Keyboard

Mouse: Razer Deathadder 3500 DPI High Precision 3.5G Infrared Gaming Mouse

Flash Media Reader/Writer: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer

USB Port: Built-in USB 3.0 Ports

Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit Edition

Guest CC.Decayed=US=

You buyin this prebuilt? The SSD's are first gen SSD's, not that great.

Cards and cpu are total overkill but at least you will bench high :)

psu is avg for that kinda system they should at least include a better one.

I'm guessin you do stuff other than gaming to go 980x over sandy bridge, but that's a nice system for sure. I'm guessing it's $4000+

Guest BoneSmasher
its running me 4K and I am having this custom built for FSX and a few other games I have, this is byfar the best PC I have seen in a while and cant wait to pick it up tomorrow

Guest CC.Decayed=US=

The only thing I'd say about this is the chip is almost 16 months old. It's definitely powerful, but the fact is the 2600k beats it or equals it in a lot of ways, but is $700 cheaper. The motherboard socket is end of life, so you have no upgradeability.

I would personally recommend to not spend more than 2k on computers because the average life cycle of a computer is dropping fast. I predict that even this beast will be moderate in 2 years, maybe 3 at most. I would take the next few years and learn how to build a computer so you can save a ton of money in the process and also make sure you get the highest quality parts.

Guest BoneSmasher
money is not an issue I have too much to to know what to do with it, so I just spend and spend and dont care what the price is, but what you are saying is the motherboard is not upgradeable? if its not I will just buy 2 more better ones and install those tommorrow. I am getting 2 more GTX 590,s while i am at it, and going to get upgraded SSD's, that should fix me up. I am having all six moniters with this system linked together, so i will see what happens when i get it :)

Archived