Phones

Guest MAJ.Kaossilator=US=

Guest MAJ.Kaossilator=US=

OK guys, post up your phones, what you like and what you don't like about them. Don't worry about carriers so much at the moment, just focus on the phones themselves (i.e. features, battery, apps, etc.)

I'm shopping and my options are open, so a lot of this is going to come down to how little I can spend on a plan :p and still get a decent phone. I'm open to win7, android, and blackberry OS.

Ready....

Aim.....

Fire!

Guest masterderman
droid x is pretty freaking awesome. good battery life, reliable, screen size makes a big difference. pandora runs flawlessly on it. sound quality of the speakers for music and while talking is superb aswell

Guest LTC.DentalMav=US=
droid x is pretty freaking awesome. good battery life, reliable, screen size makes a big difference. pandora runs flawlessly on it. sound quality of the speakers for music and while talking is superb aswell

+1

Guest RET.MCPO.MasterOfPuppets=US=

Samsung Jack.

http://www.techienation.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/fido_samsung_jack.jpg

Not much to say, its old, very sh**ty.

Oh and it uses windows mobile.

If its still being sold do not get it.

I've heard good reviews about the new windows phone but I haven't used it at all.

Guest RET.2ndLt.Crbstmp4Gsus=US=
SAMSUNG.....dk the model. But its known as the fake blackberry as the layout is almost exactly the same. No net though. The traditional phone lol.

Guest BigMac530

iPhone 4 hands down. Have one for myself and could not ask for more. Have it for AT&T but there is no difference with the Verizon iPhone 4 besides the antenna.

It an awesome multitasker, takes great HDR pictures(Flash), 720p videos, front facing camera for FaceTime or Tango uses. You can even cut and edit videos on the go right on the iPhone. It has a great "Retina" display. The highest resolution phone on the market right now. Great with texting, calling, etc. Has nice battery life. Its has never died out on me and i never had to reduce the brightness on it to save battery life. The App Store hold all kinds of great applications. Specs: http://www.apple.com/iphone/specs.html

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=

I've had an iPhone since June 27, 2007 when the first one came out, and honestly I will never regret spending that $660 for my 8GB version of it. It is an amazing piece of technology and there is a reason every new phone is compared to it. I could honestly list the benefits of it for hours. Unfortunately I was one of the lucky ones who was grandfathered in with the Unlimited Data plan. I would be always worried with a bandwidth cap with my phone. Although 99% of the time im in a wifi area, home, work, school.

I would recommend jailbreaking, which is what I've done since OS 1.0.2 (current iOS is 4.2.1) the jailbreak apps have become essential for me and really doubles the worth of the phone IMO.

Guest RET.CW4.ThievingSix=US=
I've had an iPhone since June 27, 2007 when the first one came out, and honestly I will never regret spending that $660 for my 8GB version of it. It is an amazing piece of technology and there is a reason every new phone is compared to it. I could honestly list the benefits of it for hours. Unfortunately I was one of the lucky ones who was grandfathered in with the Unlimited Data plan. I would be always worried with a bandwidth cap with my phone. Although 99% of the time im in a wifi area, home, work, school.

I would recommend jailbreaking, which is what I've done since OS 1.0.2 (current iOS is 4.2.1) the jailbreak apps have become essential for me and really doubles the worth of the phone IMO.

I would normally have some huge blurb about how i hate all apple products but i have to say thats an exception is the iphone, i think its great, its innovative and it really changed the mobile market.

im using a boulder at the moment. i bought it becuase i kept breaking all my other phones. i like it because i can wash it in a washing machine. throw it at a wall when i get angry. play hockey with it. and other stuff like that. but you pretty much gona pay 380 $ for a really tuff phone that gets decent reception. thats about it.

Guest BigMac530
He Xander i know what you mean man. I am at home most of the time but when im out i really use the iPhone and i feel 2GB is going to get eaten up. I was thinking of Jailbreaking it, but i want to keep it like this for a while. When it gets boring I will consider it.

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
If you don't like the jailbreak you can always restore in itunes and everything goes back to normal. Just make sure you backup before you do it (which shouldn't be a problem since itunes does it for you every time u connect). Jailbreaking makes the iphone at least 2x better.

Guest RET.CW4.ThievingSix=US=
In my opinion iphone's should just have a pay to jailbreak option, $25 and you can jailbreak it as many times as you like(an official jailbreak?), they would make so much money, so much free advertisement for it. Not only that but it wouldn't have to be an underground activity like it now and their iphone sales would go through the roof. Its a great device, its just that without jailbreaking its so limited.

Im no Expert in phones but my sis has a leader pos in a phonecompany and are very into mobile phones. So i just turn to hear =)

But her opinion is to go for HTC Desire. thats what im gonna order today ;)

Guest RET.SSgt.Haterade=US=
I have the second generation Samsung Instinct. There are lots of better phones out there, but it's functional.

Guest CC.Decayed=US=

HTC evo 4g

Nexus S

Best 2 phones out there right now.

If you're gonna wait then Motorola Atrix. Check out the laptop dock.

The casual users will find iphone4 better, but if you have any sort of a technology mindset, then android is hands down the way to go. jailbreaking an iphone means squat compared to jailbreaking an android.

plus more variety, more portability... let's say you prefer a tactile keyboard. let's say you want to play psp games http://24hourhiphop.com/article.php?id=9656

anyway good luck

Archived