Old-Timer Stopping By

Guest RET.LT.Snowman=US=

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest RET.CW3.Dangerdude93=US=

Awesome, on my profile it says the max is 80x80 but the delta force is 60x120, will it accept it? If possible it would be nice for both to be a little bit bigger, though they look good as is.

Guest RET.LT.Snowman=US=
Hey everyone, I know about 98% of you guys have never heard of me before, but I'm sure most of the officer's club has. For those who don't know me, I'm one of those guys who's been retired maybe three or so times and still couldn't get enough of this clan. I've hit every rank up to O-5 (Commander at the time), was the CO of the clan's Navy and Air Force (before we merged into one branch). I spent a good two years with the clan, and I met a lot of members that I would call good friends. My claim to fame was flying jets. In TWL and CAL matches (if they still exist), I would score 50 points with 0-1 deaths. I developed training programs and exams for pilots. I see Mystical is still here - he was one of my star pupils! I probably sound like a jerk rambling like this - I'm just reminiscing. This clan really has had an impact on my life. Joining this clan when I was 15, I learned obedience, discipline, organization, and above all, leadership. I'll be turning 19 soon, and I still use most of the things UAF/=US= has taught me. I even have a business using photoshop because a member of =US= taught me how to use it! I'm sure by now you're telling ol' snowman to get to the point. This is my way of saying that =US= is by far the best clan out there. As long as its members are willing, and EA keeps making flawed multiplayer shooters, this clan will survive the rest. I owe this clan an apology for my final retirement. My life was becoming more and more demanding, and I knew that I could not dedicate enough time to be full time with this clan. I could not possibly do everything that my position required me to do, and I wish I could have stayed. However, I knew that a few of my sergeants were more than capable of my position, and I felt their dedication made them more qualified than me. In hindsight, I know I made the right decision. Being able to focus on school, I can now attend college with a full ride in the fall. I just wish I was able to accomplish that without sacrificing my role in the clan. I feel I have been gone for too long, and I would like to get to know the fine men (and possibly women) of this clan. Even in retirement, I feel I can still contribute (if only a little). To the officers, don't get nervous - I don't plan on asking for reenlistment. All I ask is to be reunited with my brothers in the =US= clan. Thank you for taking the time to read this. If there's anything you would like to know about me, please ask. -Ret.Snowman=US=

Guest RET.CDR.CrAzY_NuTtA=US=
Hey snowman, i have never met you myself but have definitely heard your name crop up many times in conversations with the older members who im sure you know. I look forward to meeting you.

Hey Snowman, long time no see. You probably don't remember me, but I remember getting shot down by you and wondering how the world you did it. Speaking for myself, what's in the past in the past, its not place to judge. Good luck in the future man.

Guest RET.Realgrunt=US=
Your welcome around here anytime. One thing I take pride in is we never turn our backs on our retired members. Feel free to come on ts and shoot the bull. If you need a ts account let me know.

Guest RET.CPO.Channler=US=
Are you serious.. Go away. :P Hey Snowman whats kickin. For most of you new guys, Snowman has been here forever.

Guest RET.SCPO.Mystical=US=
Hey Snowman, good to hear from you! I've learned a lot from you about jets, leadership, AF vocabulary and stuff like that. You are one of the best pilots I have ever seen and you were a great leader! The wings on my profile page are thanks to you because you taught me how to fly. I've looked all around for those training programs and exams but I can't find them anywhere. That's too bad because I'd like to teach others what you teached me, and your tips helped me out a lot when I was in a sticky situation. I'm glad to hear you're doing ok Snowman! Mystical

Guest RET.LT.Snowman=US=
Wow, I was not expecting such a warm welcome! I try my best to acknowledge everyone in my threads, so here it goes... [quote='2LT.CrAzY_NuTtA=US=','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=26520#post26520']Hey snowman, i have never met you myself but have definitely heard your name crop up many times in conversations with the older members who im sure you know. I look forward to meeting you.[/QUOTE] Same here. I'll find the time to set up teamspeak again soon. I don't know what games you have, but I own BF2 and COD4 so maybe we can play a few rounds. [QUOTE=SGT.Squid=US=]Hey Snowman, long time no see. You probably don't remember me, but I remember getting shot down by you and wondering how the world you did it. Speaking for myself, what's in the past in the past, its not place to judge. Good luck in the future man.[/QUOTE] Come on Squid, of course I remember you! I'm glad there's no hard feelings. Hopefully soon we can face off in planes again. [QUOTE=SMA. 2DyESaMuRi]Hey snow, How you been? Its good to see you still remember us lol j/k. Welcome back man good to hear from ya'.[/QUOTE] I'm doing well, thanks. How about you? Last thing I knew you were in the Israeli Armed Forces? I could be wrong though. Its a funny thing you bring up memory because I completely forgot about this entire clan for about three months after suffering head trauma. [QUOTE=MAJ.Realgrunt=US=]Your welcome around here anytime. One thing I take pride in is we never turn our backs on our retired members. Feel free to come on ts and shoot the bull. If you need a ts account let me know.[/QUOTE] Thank you for the welcome Major. I would enjoy catching up with you and the older members, as well as meeting the newer ones. I will need your assistance with TS, but we can hold off on that until I get a mic. If there is anything I can do to contribute, please let me know. [QUOTE=1SG.Elmo^=US=]yo snow, its brian. Whats good :)?[/QUOTE] Yeah I remember when you changed your name, haha. I still for the life of me don't understand why. [Quote=Ret.Xander=US=]hey snowman good to hear from you, hopefully i'll see ya around[/QUOTE] Hey its good to see you again! I intend on being around for a while, so you'll see me around. [Quote=CPL.MoonMan=US=]hey hey, what's up man?[/Quote] Hey MoonMan! Glad to see you're still here. You still flying in BF2? [Quote=RET.1LT.Channler=US=]Are you serious.. Go away. :P Hey Snowman whats kickin. For most of you new guys, Snowman has been here forever.[/Quote] I might have been here a long time, but 8_Ball and Ward will probably never discharge. They may be the only two who joined the clan before I did. Correct me if I'm wrong - it was a long time ago. Anyway its good to see you Channler. Its nice to see all of these retired officers that are still around - I should fit in nicely. [Quote=SGT.Mystical=US=]Hey Snowman, good to hear from you! I've learned a lot from you about jets, leadership, AF vocabulary and stuff like that. You are one of the best pilots I have ever seen and you were a great leader! The wings on my profile page are thanks to you because you taught me how to fly. I've looked all around for those training programs and exams but I can't find them anywhere. That's too bad because I'd like to teach others what you teached me, and your tips helped me out a lot when I was in a sticky situation. I'm glad to hear you're doing ok Snowman! Mystical[/Quote] Thank you for the kind words Mystical. It was my pleasure teaching someone so willing and cooperative. Maybe we'll do some formation flying again if I'm ever online while you're awake! Those training programs and exams are most likely still on the old website, but hosted through me. They are still in my possession, but I would like to talk to whoever is in charge of aviation to transfer ownership to them. [QUOTE=MAJ.Pugs[RET]]hey snow, i just found some of our old xfire convos that i died laughing when i read again.[/Quote] Oh man Pugs! I just read one of those that you emailed me when I was a navy lieutenant and you were an AW3, and I told you to send me 200 xfire messages while I slept. I died laughing too. We gotta catch up man, its been a while. And, surprisingly, Iambrian is the first to bring up my [I]favorite[/I] nickname. :) Holy hamburgers that took a really long time. I'm not doing that anymore again! In case anyone wants to get a hold of me, PM or xfire is fine. My xfire is snowman21 and hasn't changed since 2004. Thanks again for the warm welcome, and I hope to be playing BF2 with you all again soon!

Guest eddieprice
Well snow i guess since you decided to post i would say hi to everyone again as well. For those of you that don't know me i was in the clan around the same time as snowman and for almost as long. I was in the navy and loved every minute of it, i lead boat crews andwas the best recruiter the navy has ever seen. I never got to as high of a rank as snowman and they didnt let me retire but you should probably remember my name because im was a pretty big deal. lol Its nice to talk to you guys again and see that the clan is doing well. I might even get back on xfire if i can remember my login info.

Guest RET.Norton=US=
What is up Eddie and Snowman, JUICE for the win! Good times with Cops and Robbers and the Tunnels of BFV with me, you durao and Mason.

Guest RET.LT.Snowman=US=
Its like a class reunion in here. I thought I'd never hear from you again Eddie! Here's something that might trigger old memories: [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/snowman21/prettypirates.jpg[/IMG] Remember the XWG (Extreme Warfare Games) for BFV? It was a bunch of challenges for teams of two. Eddie and I were the pretty pirates because we were both in the Navy at the time. The XWG never took off, if I remember correctly.

Guest eddieprice
ha yea i remember that, but i think the sig i made was a lot better. i dont have a copy of it but i remember it having a lot of pink poka dots lol. How are ya doin snow?

Archived