BC2 Freezing up.

Guest BigMac530

Guest MAJ.Kaossilator=US=
Really the dump would have just been able to direct us to exactly that picture/screenshot you pasted in above... I would still recommend clearing out all your AV and starting fresh. As well, Capt.Xander is 100% correct about the GPU drivers since that's the only thing you changed recently prior to experiencing this.

Guest BigMac530
Uninstalled Avast! and will stick with AVG for now. I can't find anything on my BSOD from today. Will let you guys know if anything else goes on.

Guest gamerk2

MSE > AVG > Avast

AVG USED to be a good AV scanner; its the new norton in my eyes.

I'll again say: A LOT of drivers have issues with BC2, so if you recently did a driver update, I'd go back to whatever version you were running, and see if that helps.

Guest CC.Decayed=US=
MSE > AVG > Avast

AVG USED to be a good AV scanner; its the new norton in my eyes.

I'll again say: A LOT of drivers have issues with BC2, so if you recently did a driver update, I'd go back to whatever version you were running, and see if that helps.

MSE = microsoft security essentials?

Will have to look into that, it's free?

Guest gamerk2

Yeah, MSE is free.

I used AVG for a while. Then came two viruses in a month, followed by a AVG update that borked users machines. And AVG has gone from a small, fast, effective scanner to something more resembling Norton Antivirus.

I currently use MSE as my active scanner, with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware as my emergency cleanup tool.

Archived