VATSIM Air Traffic Controllers

Guest TermanatorXxX

Guest TermanatorXxX
Fellow FlightSimmers, Is there anybody here currently an authorized instructor for Air Traffic Control on the VATSIM network (North America to pinpoint the hemisphere) that I could do my mentoring with? I know some people here fly on VATSIM but am not sure if your an instructor or not to get a session completed with. P.S: I still have to complete my Basic Entrance Exam. Thanks, Termanator

Guest RET.MAJ.Pugs
im still an active controller for ZLA but not an instructor, we do have the finest atc people on vatsim though, should check it out

Guest CPT.BuckShot=US=
Hey Pugsy, every once in a while you'll see N2716T flying around. I fly Charter flights on VATSIM with it out of Sacramento Executive Airport (KSAC), most of the time into LAX. [IMG]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a130/N101PA/N2716TDayshot.png[/IMG]

Guest CPT.BuckShot=US=
I flew for ATPx for a while, it was ok but I soon went into "business" for myself. Yes, that is a custom livery, and no, its not a fleet, its a one-off design for my PMDG 737-700. N2716T is a Boeing 737-7HK BBJ, s/n 36321 (I like my realism) based out of Sacramento, CA (KSAC) and operated under Part 135 as Alta Sierra Aviation, Inc. If anyone is interested in partnering, we are interested in adding a King Air or Citation, or possibly another BBJ to the fleet.

Guest TermanatorXxX
Didn't mean fleet, I was typing faster than I was processing what I was typing. But, do you have a link to your "entrepreneurship"?

Guest TermanatorXxX
[quote='1LT.BuckShot=US=','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=23576#post23576']Unless you can mind-read, no[/QUOTE] :roll: I passed the Entrance Exam and placed myself into the Chicago ARTCC and will be working towards my certifications starting end of this week.

Guest TermanatorXxX
SPC K3V1N, The VATSIM Network co-exists with the game known as Microsoft Flight Simulator. The VATSIM network is designed to resemble real life protocol and material as in reality between pilots and Air Traffic Controllers. It is an online server where you converse with real people who take the roles of pilots and ATC. The VATSIM Network can be found at [url]www.vatsim.net[/url]

Guest RET.MAJ.Pugs
eek chicago artcc eh? I transfered to chicago at one time since I live outside chicago and thought it would be cool. At the time there was no direction, people just came and went as they pleased and there was no leadership. I hope its changed for your sake. Trying to learn there was horrible. The only good thing about chicago is theres only a few SIDs and like 3 STARs for ORD

Guest TermanatorXxX
I wouldn't recommend Flight Sim X for you SPC K3V1N unless you have a highly durable computer as it eats up framerates like crazy. Perhaps Flight Simulator 2004 may be a better choice for better framerates. And Pugs, yeah I think I did the same thing as you, I just chose it since I lived in the vacinity and knew my surroundings. There hasn't been much activity lately, but I'm hoping thats just the Holiday effect.

Guest TermanatorXxX
CPL xxSuls, I'd recommend taking a look at the "Pilot Resource Center" prior to flying your first flight. The PRC can help alot on how the system works, who to contact at what times, etc. You can also log onto the server and not fly at all. Just chill at a gate and listen on the ground how other pilots and ATC interact with one another. When you fly your first solo on VATSIM (preferably at a low traffic airport) , be sure to put in your flight plan comments section "First VATSIM flight" so ATC is aware of your experience. And don't be afraid, the ATCs are usually cool and are always willing to help you. :D ....or at least most.

Hehe. Before I try VATSIM I think I'll fly a few single player missions(More like a month xD). I remember being reletively good at flight sim 99(I think thats the version, its old), but Im certain things have changed.

mhh what do you mean with durable... my pc plays cod4 aqnd coh i.e. both on good framerates...its a 2.4ghz dualcore amd 4600+ ram: corsair ddr1000 2gig dualchannel loads of hdd space nvidea7600GT graphics and an asus m2n sli mainboard with a 1066 mhz fsb its not the best pc but its upper middleclass i would guess.. thinking of upgrading videocard to 8600 series

Guest TermanatorXxX
I say a durable computer as, I (even though Vista sucks as far as being friendly to the operator, it is a high performance machine) have a Vista and can barely run it on Med-High without experiencing major lag; and thats with the recent release of the FSX SP2 package. :(

sorry if this is off topic but i went to this website [url]http://gameadvisor.futuremark.com[/url] to see if I can run fsx and everything is checked off saying i can play =] (just type in flight in the search by game title and click on fsx and youll know what im talking about) also which one do I buy cause I looked it up and theres different types

Guest TermanatorXxX
haha wow. Not sure how accurate that gameadvisor.com site is. I just did a scan myself out of curiosity and I was in the green with my XP computer. I can barely get past low settings on it, much less on my Vista. And the difference between the 2 is that the Deluxe you can be an online ATC (not a part of the VATSIM Network) with other friends. There are also more airports, planes, and if I'm right, more missions but I'm not sure about that one.

I dont know mines was at the very highest green bar I wouldnt mind playing the game on low anyway. If I wanted to play on the VATSIM network which one would I get?

Guest TermanatorXxX
Well, to get onto the VATSIM servers for either version of FSX, the only software up to date that is compatible is FSInn. However, Flight Simulator 2004 has Squawkbox 3 and FSInn compatibilites. But if you're asking if you need a certain version of Flight Sim, no you don't need a certain version. I think people still fly on VATSIM with 2002 lol.

Archived