Battlefield 1. Thoughts?

Guest RET.1SG.Maysin=US=

Guest MAJ.Kaossilator=US=

Whaat?!

We already gave you guys that quarters-only vending machine stocked with off-brand sodas!

http://i.imgur.com/tU8zxco.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/Txga3YB.png

Next you'll be asking for a bowling alley and cable television.

Guest RET.1SG.Draven=US=
Whaat?!

We already gave you guys that quarters-only vending machine stocked with off-brand sodas!

http://i.imgur.com/tU8zxco.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/Txga3YB.png

Next you'll be asking for a bowling alley and cable television.

I would settle for a TV from THIS century, sir...this Zenith from 1984 (although "retro is back" WAS the initial argument), HAS to go!

And WHHHHY does it say "this product may or may not contain goat products" on the side of the "Mountain Shoutin'" bottles?!

And about the pool table...it's off-center again because 1stSgt.Raaaaaandy decided to do his "tank impersonation" again...can someone inform the "=US= Player Formally Known As RTL" that there will be no tank driving in our lobby!

*goes back to reading ingredient label on "Mountain Shoutin'" bottle.

Guest CW4.Sharpz=US=
*peers into JCS front door...gets slapped on the top of the head by a horsewhip by CWO3.Sharpz, who was casually drinking an aged Brandy while being hand-fed fresh fruit and fanned by his hand-maidens.

"Get back, you!"

...SFC.Draven whimpers away...cold, alone, back into the darkened NCO alley from whence he came.

:)

I like this story.

In prep for BF1, =US= MWR could probably spin up Equestrian Services and Horse Stables.

Guest RET.1SG.Draven=US=
In prep for BF1, =US= MWR could probably spin up Equestrian Services and Horse Stables.

I have heard RET.MG.Qotsa might have a stable or two =US= could borrow...

If someone could go over to the CLANUNSKO Retirement Village and kindly ask the guard sitting on the lawn chair sipping sweet tea which townhouse he resides in, that would be great :)

AAAAAnd this this thread has gone SOOOO far off the rails - back on to topic! MajGen, in DIRECT response to your thread - I believe an Equestrian MOS would be AWESOME! SIGN ME UP! :)

Battlefield 1 Twitter Q&A Details:

1. Vehicles are "unique," and the gameplay reflects that.

2. The campaign will feel "much more like Battlefield."

3. Multiple people can fly in the same plane.

4. There will be classic modes and new ones.

5. There will be a server browser, but not clear yet if it's on all platforms.

6. Naval vessels are also included, though no word yet on what they are.

7. Settings: Italian Alps and Arabian deserts, just to name two.

8. All weapon attachments will be "era authentic."

9. There are single- and multi-person tanks.

Guest RhinoTech

Sweetness, I appreciate the compilation sir.

Battlefield 1 Twitter Q&A Details:

1. Vehicles are "unique," and the gameplay reflects that.

2. The campaign will feel "much more like Battlefield."

3. Multiple people can fly in the same plane.

4. There will be classic modes and new ones.

5. There will be a server browser, but not clear yet if it's on all platforms.

6. Naval vessels are also included, though no word yet on what they are.

7. Settings: Italian Alps and Arabian deserts, just to name two.

8. All weapon attachments will be "era authentic."

9. There are single- and multi-person tanks.

Melee weapons confirmed so far

Spiked mace

Trench spade

Bolo knife: available in the Harlem Hellfighter pre-order pack in the Deluxe Edition

Jambiya dagger: available in the Lawrence of Arabia pack in the Deluxe Edition

Scimitar

Bayonet

Firearms confirmed so far

Trench shotgun: available in the Harlem Hellfighter pre-order pack

Colt M1911 semi-automatic pistol: available in the Harlem Hellfighter pre-order pack

Lee Enfield SMLE bolt-action rifle: a different skin is available in the Lawrence of Arabia pack

P08 Luger pistol: available in the Red Baron Deluxe Edition

Mauser C96 semi-automatic pistol

MG08 machine gun: mounted and load-out weapon will be available

Mauser 1918 T-Gewehr anti-tank rifle

Mauser Gewehr 98 bolt-action rifle with side-mounted scope

Springfield M1903 bolt-action rifle with side mounted scope

MP 18 SMG

Lewis Gun LMG

Lifebuoy M1 flamethrower

Gadgets and explosives confirmed so far

Anti-tank grenade

Smoke grenade

Mustard gas grenade

Gas mask

Dynamite

Guest L1ght

Confirmed Gun Camos:

Metal

Dirty Metal

Slightly Dirtier Metal

Blood of your Allies

Blood of your Enemies

CoD Fan's Tears

OK not really.

Guest LTC.DentalMav=US=

Bad news guys...suppliers just informed me that they are out of Mountain Shoutin...let's not all freak out but they also said the coin slot is jammed and no change will be given for the dollar bills. ok Bye

*MajGen walks out of the JCS chambers with a Mountain Dew and jingling change*

EA takes some of the hype burden upon themselves: http://www.ea.com/uk/news/battlefield-1-community-wrap-up-westie-jackfrags-luetin-flakfire?utm_campaign=bf1_hd_eu_ic_soco_twt_launch-wrapup&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&cid=5632&ts=1463154126295

They've rolled up the fanboy news, wrapup, and analysis from: Westie, Jackfrags, Luetin, and Flakfire.

Just remembering now that EA made a big deal back in December about how they will be pushing for esports. I have to hope they build in more/better esports components into BF1. Here's a list of what I think they need... chime in :)

1. Spectator Mode (of course)

2. Native streaming

3. Customizable map vars:

--- Enable/Disable flags/capture points. BF is built on huge-scale warfare, and competition usually revolves much more around small-squad 4v4 or 5v5. Maps and game modes need to be ready to handle those numbers.

--- Enable/Disable particular vehicles or vehicle classes, vehicle spawn counts, vehicle spawn locations. It's not always easy to get BF4 to spawn just the correct vehicles you intend. Some people think of "fast movers" as one thing and other people think of it as another. Sometimes restricting the number of times a vehicle respawns makes a lot more sense than simply turning up/down a timer on how long it takes to respawn. Same with restricting where those vehicles can spawn. They could easily achieve this by setting up a class-based spawn zone around flags so you could say in Zone 1 a tank-class vehicle could spawn and you pick whatever tank-class vehicle you want to spawn in that location. This wouldn't even require a heavy amount of coding, just intelligent map design to permit such zones without colliding objects or floating vehicles above terrain, etc.

--- Enable/Disable particular weapons or weapon classes. Just the same as with maps, BF is balanced with their paper-rock-scissors model around huge-scale warfare. Some weapons are clearly better than others for certain game types. This is why we saw the AEK dominate in BC2 and BF3, and overall the Assault Kit is the most played kit in BF4.

--- Enable/Disable gadgets. Field revives, infinite ammo, tactical spawn beacons are often times restricted in competition. Being able to enforce this as close to the game as possible would be fantastic. This would allow for many more competition options as far as game modes without EA having to explicitly design those game modes and build them into the release. Give the admin more control over vars and you have just about infinite possibilities on customized game modes. WITHOUT MAKING YOUR SERVER UNLISTED ON BATTLELOG AND IMPOSSIBLE TO SEARCH!

4. Better Battlelog Platoon functionality as far as matchmaking and match tracking, roster management, etc

• 2 weeks later...

I say Yes Please to these WW1 era weapons.

http://i.imgur.com/6OpF5MB.png?1

http://i.imgur.com/KD7gRYo.png?1

Guest RET.Capt.RUSHER16=US=

Who will be the first to use weapons of WW1 in BF1.

http://ireckonthat.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/world-war-z-2013-stills.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.battlefield.com/games/battlefield-1/weapons

My favorite of the 10 is the very first one:

They feel fast because they are.

If your weapon of choice is an assault rifle or a powerful LMG, Battlefield 1 is loaded with guns to scratch your trigger finger on. In general, all of the weapons might feel a little faster than you'd expect. On top of adding drag and gravity to the bullets themselves, we increased the bullet velocity. This speeds things up and makes the gunplay feel more authentic.

Archived