Battlefield 1. Thoughts?

Guest RET.1SG.Maysin=US=

Guest RET.1SG.Maysin=US=

Hey =US=! Long time no see :) Just saw the trailer for Battlefield 1 and i have to say i'm pretty pumped. I think i was in the minority when i wanted the next BF to be set in WW1 (even instead of a WW2 option). I thought the chances of this actually happening were pretty slim, but it happened nonetheless. I think it is fresh and new idea. A new era for the BF franchise and it looks great. I know this might not be something some of you guys might have wanted, but i wanted to get =US='s opinion on it cause i know a lot of you are battlefield vets. I know you'll have some interesting insight. Also, it is just the initial trailer, so i am trying to suppress my hype.

Anyway, let me know what you guys think! Good to talk to you guys again!

Guest RET.1SG.Draven=US=

I share the SSG's sentiment, 1SG, and cannot wait to get my hands on this new BF! I believe our thought process will have to be a little different than the previous installments of the BF franchise - and I believe a little studying on the history of WWI is in order (at least for this guy). That way, when it does launch, I will be more familiar with the weapons, vehicles and the actual warfare itself. I am a two-time war veteran (OIF) and have been actual combat. BF3 and BF4 were the first games I have played since that time to actually simulate the "fog of war" and how crazy actual combat can be.

I am interested to see where this takes the franchise moving forward...does this mean a BF1943 is on the horizon? Too early to tell at this point...but one of the looming questions will remain - with them essentially going BACKWARDS, where does the franchise go from here?

By the way...saw the COD Infinite War trailer and was NOT impressed...I was more impressed with the COD4 RM than anything else. After all, that is where I essentially for my start with online gaming and clans, which eventually led me here :)

Best quote of the year: "COD Infinite War looks to be ground-breaking, but BF1 LITERALLY broke the internet today."

#micdropBF1style

#RIPCOD

Guest RTL
OMG I CANT EVEN.... LIKE...EVEN.... OMG BF 1 OMG LIKE ..... NO WORDS LIKE OMG I CANNOT EVEN ( homer donut eating sounds )

Guest Ret.1stSgt.Bwa=US=
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/glee/images/3/3e/Drooling_homer.gif/revision/latest?cb=20121116203004

Guest CW4.Sharpz=US=

http://www.thenerdpocalypse.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/treno_10.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

Guest RTL

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/glee/images/3/3e/Drooling_homer.gif/revision/latest?cb=20121116203004

Guest L1ght

It's just going to be flavor of the month. -1stsgt randy on every game ever :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest RET.SMA.VicVegas=US=
Hey First Sergeant, how is live in the fast lane? What have you been up too? Will we be seeing you around more when the game launches? Looking forward to BF1, just waiting on more info to see what and how they implement WW1. The trailer looked great.

Guest RET.SSG.Fire56=US=

I knew this was coming... :)

Future Bf1 practice:

Everyone broke their legs and they have to charge over the top.

Guest RET.1SG.Maysin=US=

Wow! Glad to see you guys are as pumped as i am! :P

I'm also very interested in what you said SFC.Draven about where the franchise goes even after this?!?! Now that they kind of opened the flood gates for unconventional ideas and setting for warfare, especially if this game does really well in the market. If the consumer base really shows developers and studios that we are interested in something other than the modern shooter, we will getting all sorts of this new stuff in the future!

Anyway, hi there SMA!

Hey First Sergeant, how is live in the fast lane? What have you been up too? Will we be seeing you around more when the game launches? Looking forward to BF1, just waiting on more info to see what and how they implement WW1. The trailer looked great.

Good to see you again! To answer some of your questions; i will definitely be back around when the game launches and maybe even a little before. As of late i have been playing a lot CS:GO. I will also be starting my first year of law school in september of this year, so i will try my best to fit in some battlefield time when it comes out :P

Anywho, i hope things have been going well with yourself and the clan!

Guest RET.1SG.Maysin=US=
What school 1SG?

University of Windsor, SGT. I'm from Windsor too so i won't be moving away either which is nice for saving money :)

Guest MAJ.Kaossilator=US=
I am beyond excited about this!! I have officially told my wife that Oct 18 is my deadline on finally doing an upgrade :)

Guest RET.1SG.Draven=US=
BF1 going to feature mustard gas, how is COD going to ketchup? - Best pun on reddit.

Actually, that's pretty darn funny...:)

Why are you hesitant Tech Warlord? Just curious.

I for one cannot WAIT to see where this takes the clan, the franchise and FPS over all. NOTHING like this has been done on this large of a scale. At least, not in a very long time. Sure, there have been games that have come out to try and capture the hell that was WWI, but not like this and surely not with this beloved franchise.

I just hope that the launch goes as smooth as possible and we switch our DED server over in the wake of the new game. I am sure there will be discussions on this from the JCS...didn't meant to jump the gun lol. But even with a new BF on the horizon, we might want to consider having 2 serves, at least for a little while.

I will just stay in my lane :) Don't mean to ruffle any feathers. Just food for thought. I always try to stay proactive, instead of reactive. I mean, we all know the hype around this game, it's release date and so on. So we need to be prepared as a BF-based community to deal with the changes that are inevitably coming :)

Guest MAJ.Kaossilator=US=

*wakes up off the JCS couch in the lounge*

Someone mention JCS and a new BF in the same sentence??

We have already tentatively starting talking about how we're going to deal with the transition. With every new BF game come unique challenges based on how similar/dissimilar the old and new games are. This is going to be quite a dramatic shift.

This is all still up for discussion, but in the past we've launched new servers ASAP but still supported the older game while members transition/save $/upgrade etc. It's very difficult to support a hard cutover that potentially leaves many members completely unable to participate in any clan events, but of course we have to balance that against moving completely over to BF1 as rapidly as we can justify.

A lot of decisions will depend on what we see in the coming months as far as reveal and gameplay :)

I'm very hesitate about it.

I agree with SFC. What's the reason for the doubt?

Guest RET.TSgt.Warlord=US=

Someone mention JCS and a new BF in the same sentence??

We have already tentatively starting talking about how we're going to deal with the transition. With every new BF game come unique challenges based on how similar/dissimilar the old and new games are. This is going to be quite a dramatic shift.

This is all still up for discussion, but in the past we've launched new servers ASAP but still supported the older game while members transition/save $/upgrade etc. It's very difficult to support a hard cutover that potentially leaves many members completely unable to participate in any clan events, but of course we have to balance that against moving completely over to BF1 as rapidly as we can justify.

A lot of decisions will depend on what we see in the coming months as far as reveal and gameplay :)

I agree with SFC. What's the reason for the doubt?

Just a unique approach to the game Sir. ;)

Guest RET.1SG.Draven=US=

They have couches there?

And better yet...A LOUNGE?? (this would suggest to the readers that the JCS has multiple rooms).

*peers into JCS front door...gets slapped on the top of the head by a horsewhip by CWO3.Sharpz, who was casually drinking an aged Brandy while being hand-fed fresh fruit and fanned by his hand-maidens.

"Get back, you!"

...SFC.Draven whimpers away...cold, alone, back into the darkened NCO alley from whence he came.

:)

Such visuals! And still somehow we did not find out about the castle they hide in there too! I am pretty sure they have a bouncy castle whilst the NCO lobby only has a pool table with 3 balls and one broken cue :(:( cmon JCS lets get some renovation budget down here....

Archived