Handles

Guest Krawll

Guest Krawll
I was curious so I decided to post my curiosity. We all have handles/nicknames. I just thought it would be cool to post how we got ours. For example. Mine is Krawll Stryker. Stryker, I got from when I played paintball competitively. I was the only guys who used a pump action single shot called stingray. With the modifications I made it was very accurate. Besides, I was poor and didn't have the money for a S*** load of paintballs. Krawll I got from making up a bunch of char names when I played my wifes WOW account (world of warcrack). All my characters had a K and usually a Q. Karoq, Narook, Aulrik, and Krawll. Krawll just stuck so much that my real life friends, who also play wow, call me Krawll Stryker. Well thats my post. Feel free to post you're nick name history.

Guest Mknoll
well my name came from a mistake acually.if you dont know what Warhammer 40k is you probably wont know what im talking about but there is a series of books within that that is called gaunts ghosts.The characters name is acually MKoll but when i made it i made it Mknoll and it just stuck.My friends also call me Mknoll sometimes.i try to keep my gamer name on the Downlow around the ladies at school tho.Mknoll works out tho because i live in oregon and a noll is a hill and there are hills here and my name is max so thats what the m could b.idk i have acually thought about this alot if i should just make it Mkoll but even typeing Mkoll backthere and right there i put a n in it.its to late to change lol.

Guest Scars
Those Gaunts novels are epic, same as the Last Chancers. Do I hear a 40K tabletop topic coming? :D On topic: I have lots of scars so Scars was a natural pick. It's also my bands name.

Guest RET.CW4.ThievingSix=US=
ThievingSix was something i saw someone much older than me at the time named, i liked what he did and his name so i basically became his successor. He was a programmer specializing in Delphi, and i must say i learnt many a skill from him, however i put those skills to good use, as i now help people who have been hacked and help design anti hacking programs. I'm also involved in open source game development. I must say i owe everything to him, i don't think i would be so great at IT if it wasn't for his knowledge. For having a mentor really speeds up the process of learning.

Guest LTC.DentalMav=US=
Mine is pretty straight forward. I am currently a Dental Student at the University of Maryland and in the Air Force. After school I will be going into residency for Trauma Surgery. The Mav part is from a nickname I picked up in Undergrad. When they found out I was going into the Air Force, my group of friends started calling me Mavrick (or Mav for short) and then gave each other names such as Goose, Merlin, etc etc (little did they know that the movie Top Gun was about the pilots of the USN...but oh well I let it go). So I just combined the 2.

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
As weak as it sounds i got mine from the character Xander Cage. Thats right the main character from [url=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0295701/]xXx[/url]. I was like 14 when the movie came out and I loved that name, the movie was alright. I've been using Xander as my main handle since around 2003. I also loved the name Memphis Raines from Gone in 60 Seconds. For awhile my name was Xander Raines. Since I dont like to switch names a lot I've just stuck with it. The Xandir character from Drawn Together kinda pissed me off. Glad that show is over lol.

Guest RET.CDR.CrAzY_NuTtA=US=
Got my name from a friend who always used to say "crazyy nutaaaaahhhh" in a funny voice. Simple yet sweet, i also figured it suited how i played some games :)

i used to play D@D with my friends but i hated it so i made up the stupid character name to make fun of it in my own way. Of course the name was kind of x-rated so when i started gaming it became Jazm instead. I also really like the joker from batman and joker so many times you will see me with the handle "JazmsJoker" as well.

Guest Krawll
[quote='PVT.Mknoll=US=','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=61928#post61928']well my name came from a mistake acually.if you dont know what Warhammer 40k is you probably wont know what im talking about but there is a series of books within that that is called gaunts ghosts.The characters name is acually MKoll but when i made it i made it Mknoll and it just stuck.My friends also call me Mknoll sometimes.i try to keep my gamer name on the Downlow around the ladies at school tho.Mknoll works out tho because i live in oregon and a noll is a hill and there are hills here and my name is max so thats what the m could b.idk i have acually thought about this alot if i should just make it Mkoll but even typeing Mkoll backthere and right there i put a n in it.its to late to change lol.[/QUOTE] Only played the Warhammer MMO. Thanks for all the post everyone. Keep em comin'.

Guest Cycle
Mine has a really long history, When I was 8 yrs old I started to do cycling, when a mate of me said he had something awesome to chat with (msn). So when I came home I downloaded it and had to figure out a nickname. So we came up with the riding devil, cause there was a nice emoticon with devil horns. then I started playing halo. For halo the riding devil was too long so I changed it to cycledevil. After some time everybody called me cycle so I thought why wouldn't I change it to CyCle, and now my nickname is already like this for 3 yrs+

Well this starts a long chapter into my history. From almost the beginning I have used the Handle Magz. This is because, well Ill explain why in 2 secs. So after playing for a good 2-3 years I decided I needed a change. My first callsign was SocamD2K. It actually stood for Socom: United States Special Operations Command and the D2K was Death to King. I meant it to be Birth To King but it didnt flow lol. This is why my steam and other xfire has socam, well that is my steam entirely lol. Anywho I started playing FPS and needed more of a gun hoe name, so I went to 357_Magnum. It came into play because my Handgun is a .357 Magnum. since then I have always kept it in some how, either with Magz, 357, 357_Magz, Magnum, for games that need a letter first I go as a_357_Magnum. Here I am Magz, but have been thinking of changing it to 357 or 357_Magz. Thats my story lol hope you enjoyed. Krawl nice post m8.

Guest Adante
Just Adante.. I'm using this name for a while now. My Shaman in WoW used to be called Adante. I also had a couple of other characters using Indian names. Abhaya, Durjaya, etc. They all have multiple A's, it was a helpfull reminder for which alt was from which account. (And my name starts with an A) Not Dante from Dante's Inferno or Devil May Cry Not Andante from the music style Not Adante as some hotel in San Fransisco Not Adante as some Dutch guy aranging retirementfunds.. Just Adante.

Guest RET.Realgrunt=US=
My original Infantry MOS in the Army was 11H (T.O.W. 2 Missile Gunner). When I first joined =US= I thought it was going to be a bunch of little kids pretending they were in the military so I made my name to reflect that I'm a real grunt so Realgrunt11h was the name I came up with.

Guest CyniK0
CYNIC, n. A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they ought to be. it just seemed to fit.

Guest Namngulfvet
What RealGrunt said --->When I first joined =US= I thought it was going to be a bunch of little kids. What!! You mean we arent a bunch of little kids?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Uberfeld
My handle comes from German roots. I realize it is a sensitive subject to speak about German involvement in WWII, but my handle is in honor of a family member. Uber, in German, can refer to elevation and or aspiration, in a sense of being held in high regard. Feld, diminutive of Hauptfeldwebel, is the equivalent of a First Sergeant in the American military. So it is my humble way of paying homage to a special person. I hope that I have not offended anyone... I must admit that I was a bit reluctant to explain my handle... strange though, because I also felt compelled and comfortable doing it. I hope everyone understands. Cheers!

In all conflicts there are good and bad. Just because one side was portrayed to be good and the other bad doesn't mean everyone involved was. There were bad Axis and there were Bad Allies. Because Hitler wanted to annialiate the Jews and anyone apposed of him doesn't mean that the German who joins the military because his country is getting invaded is bad. On similar terms US troops who tourchered Japanese Soldiers doesn't mean they are good because they fought for the allies. In all instances of life, there are good, bad and ulgy aspects. If you feel that you need to represent someone who did good, no matter the situation its good. To support someone who intentionally didn't do good is a different story. Sorry I had to throw my 2 cents in lol.

Guest Uberfeld
SGT. Magz and CPL. Krawl: Thank you for your openness and your understanding. Like I said in my post, I did have some reservations, but by the same token, I felt comfortable, here, sharing the signification of my handle. I sincerely think that all soldiers, deep down inside, share a common bond that transcends all political matters and ideologies. From the personal discussions that I have had with a few soldiers, the thing that matters most in war is the welfare of your unit and your regimental comrades. Thanks again!

Guest RET.LT.Angry_M0b=US=
My name came for the days when I played Medal Of Honour: Allied assault, spearhead and breakthrough. Originally I was "The Widow Maker", I eventually changed to An Angry Mob, as when you killed someone with a pistol it came up saying " 'whoever you killed' was gunned down by An Angry Mob". The name has stuck from then, kept with my angry and raging nature when things don’t go well. When I started playing BF2 before joining the clan An_Angry_Mob was already taken, so I went with An_Angry_M0b.

Guest Big Mac150
This is how i got my name. I was introduced into BF2 by my cousin. So after playing and stuff i wanted to make an account for myself. Before i could do that we went to McDonalds to eat and there was a sign stat said "THE BIG MAC". And my cousin told me i should put that as my name. And i just threw in the $1.50. then i came here, soon the =US= clan tags followed.

Archived