Police Question.

Guest Big Mac150

Guest Big Mac150
Ok. Yesterday coming home from school on the subway. I was waiting on the train with my friends for the train (2). A number 5 makes its stop on the station and the cop tell only me and my friends to get on it when the 5 doesnt even take me home. I told him "Dude, this is not my train.". Then he tells me, "Listen kid i don't need your bull**** just get on the damn train before i knock your teeth out". I replied, "I dare you son, you think you tough??" And then i got on the train because i rememberd i can transfer 2 stops later for my train. And as i got on he tell me, "Wait till i see you again!". I said, "Be ready the next time i see you." He tells me to come of the train. As i got off i said, "Yo, im ready right now lets go". He grabs my arm, twists it behind my back, and then slams me agains the platform wall. He does a quick pat down and asks for my information such as, Name, age, Address, DOB, and Parents phone number. I gave him valid information and he called my dad explaining the situation. My dad didnt care and was mad because i had pulled my muscle near my arm and he twisted that arm. I was wondering, can he do that? And he was just looking to do something, because he didnt tell anyone else then me and my friends to get on that train. I swear these NYPD cops are so stupid.

Guest FuzzySquirrel
[quote='PO1.Big Mac150=US=','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=60621#post60621']Ok. Yesterday coming home from school on the subway. I was waiting on the train with my friends for the train (2). A number 5 makes its stop on the station and the cop tell only me and my friends to get on it when the 5 doesnt even take me home. I told him "Dude, this is not my train.". Then he tells me, "Listen kid i don't need your bull**** just get on the damn train before i knock your teeth out". I replied, "I dare you son, you think you tough??" And then i got on the train because i rememberd i can transfer 2 stops later for my train. And as i got on he tell me, "Wait till i see you again!". I said, "Be ready the next time i see you." He tells me to come of the train. As i got off i said, "Yo, im ready right now lets go". He grabs my arm, twists it behind my back, and then slams me agains the platform wall. He does a quick pat down and asks for my information such as, Name, age, Address, DOB, and Parents phone number. I gave him valid information and he called my dad explaining the situation. My dad didnt care and was mad because i had pulled my muscle near my arm and he twisted that arm. I was wondering, can he do that? And he was just looking to do something, because he didnt tell anyone else then me and my friends to get on that train. I swear these NYPD cops are so stupid.[/QUOTE] Uh Dont be a wise ass to a cop? No. He cant force you to get on a Train, but you can ignore him. cant you? If you feel like he was acting out of order you should have gotten his badge number and filed a report against him..

Guest Big Mac150
[quote='FuzzySquirrel','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=60623#post60623']Uh Dont be a wise ass to a cop? No. He cant force you to get on a Train, but you can ignore him. cant you? If you feel like he was acting out of order you should have gotten his badge number and filed a report against him..[/QUOTE] Just because he didn't get his donuts doesn't mean he takes it out on a 13 year old. And plus he threatened to punch me in the face! How can i ignore that?

Guest RET.CW5.Ward
What he did was wrong but what you did was wrong too. He could have a use of force/threat complaint against him if anything and you could be charged with disorderly conduct/disturbing the peace or harsher offenses if you actually hit him. Next time I would suggest get a name or badge number maybe record it and report the officer. But don't be a "gangsta" and try to fight a Police Officer like you said your only 13.

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
Cops can't do that to you unless they had probable cause. Something had to happen to piss him off originally, but normally I just avoid talking to cops. In my experience many of them aren't very intelligent so they can't be reasoned with, and other times they just like showing their power over people. This make get me flamed a bit, but Cops are just people who had nowhere to go, and couldn't handle or weren't smart enough for the military. Thats my opinion of them from my experiences. Its not like I have a grudge, I have never gotten arrested or a ticket (besides 1 speeding ticket when I was 16). But I have had "encounters" with a good amount over the years and almost all fall into those categories.

Guest Big Mac150
[quote='CSM. Ward','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=60625#post60625']What he did was wrong but what you did was wrong too. He could have a use of force/threat complaint against him if anything and you could be charged with disorderly conduct/disturbing the peace or harsher offenses if you actually hit him. Next time I would suggest get a name or badge number maybe record it and report the officer. But don't be a "gangsta" and try to fight a Police Officer like you said your only 13.[/QUOTE] I wasnt going to fight him. I was telling him that that train doesn't take me home and that i refuse to go on. Then he starts speaking like he is my father to me? He should practice what he enforces. And the "Gangsta" comment, i lived in the Bronx all of my life. Its only normal for me to speak like that.

Guest Big Mac150
And plus i tried to get his Badge Number and name and he kept on telling me to shut up. I couldn't get to memorize the name because it was so long and he kept on telling me to look at him.

Guest RET.LTJG.Yong=US=
You need to report this to your Police Complaint Center, if you do there will be an investigation done by Internal Affairs depending on how serious it is. If the officer already has a large file on him already, he could be temporary discharge or fired but you would most likely get an apologize.

Guest Big Mac150
[quote='PO2.Yong=US=','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=60632#post60632']You need to report this to your Police Complaint Center, if you do there will be an investigation done by Internal Affairs depending on how serious it is. If the officer already has a large file on him already, he could be temporary discharge or fired but you would most likely get an apologize.[/QUOTE] How would i do this if i have no information on him? And what if i see him again, cause i assume he works in my district.

Guest Big Mac150
[quote='2Lt.Dill=US=','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=60636#post60636']He must legally show you his badge if you requests to see it, it has his ID# on it.[/QUOTE] He kept on telling me to shut up every time i tried to speak. I was about to hit him, but i thought that i was in enough **** already.

Guest RET.CW4.ThievingSix=US=
The officer must have had a pretty good reason as to why, where you fooling around at the train station were one of your friends doing something wrong? a case of mistaken identity?? Also as soon as you threaten a police officer they have a right to detain you, no matter what they say they have to deal with people your age that pull knives and they can never take chances.

Guest Namngulfvet
The police have a record of where every officer works. All you need to do on your report is give a time, date, place, what happed. You dont always need a name or a badge num. Out side of that I have to concer wth Lt Dill never talk back to a cop. You will loose everytime.

a.) big mac got owned for no reason.. b.) always have a card with the number of your lawyer or if you don't have one use your dads lawyer. scares most of them away ( at least here in germany). but besides that i have heard stories too about NYpd cops acting up funny. but in most cases it is that there are way too many youngones in NY causing trouble and maybe he was thinking you were one of them so he just told you to get on with your train ride and dont hang around there... and since you acted up he must have thought you were one of them gangsta kids( which the situation must have looked like :P)

Guest Big Mac150
Yes i am 13. And i will report it probably tomorrow. And another thing that i forgot to mention, he told me that he did that because if i got away with "Back talking" him, that the other kids would think that they can get away with it too. So we was trying to look tough.

Guest RET.SSG.Spartan0189=US=
[quote='PO1.Big Mac150=US=','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=60697#post60697']Yes i am 13. And i will report it probably tomorrow. And another thing that i forgot to mention, he told me that he did that because if i got away with "Back talking" him, that the other kids would think that they can get away with it too. So we was trying to look tough.[/QUOTE] If you go report it, round up your friends that were with you, They are good backups for witnesses. But adding to a serious note, I think NYPD Cops take enough crap from everyone in NYC, I wouldn't be surprised to get yelled at by some random cop in NYC. Maybe he thinks you were loitering around in the station?

Guest Big Mac150
[quote='1LT.Spartan0189=US=','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=60698#post60698']If you go report it, round up your friends that were with you, They are good backups for witnesses. But adding to a serious note, I think NYPD Cops take enough crap from everyone in NYC, I wouldn't be surprised to get yelled at by some random cop in NYC. Maybe he thinks you were loitering around in the station?[/QUOTE] Yea i guess. And no, me and my friends were just walking together in a group of about 5 people. But we were not loud or doing anything that might disturb the public.

Guest TermanatorXxX
First off, hi all hows things, peepin around the forums periodically....again lol and seen this topic name so decided to read it and reply. You are saying that an "officer" demanded you to get on a subway line that you didn't even want to get onto? Got your name, number, and a lot of personal information, held you against your will in an environment that you were not lawfully REQUIRED to? That is false imprisonment. The only information you are ever required to give an officer is your name by law. Law Enforcement Officers have no use for D.O.B, Address or age in an interview like the one you encountered because that can all be accessed by running your credentials through NCIC (National Crime Information Center) which is basically where the FBI holds files on everybody in "the system". And even if they ask for that information, you can kindly object to doing so. Obviously, if you falsify your name when you give that to an officer that is a crime. I know that NYPD can get rough on the general public, but I am 99% sure the guy you encountered was impersonating an officer, which if that is in fact the case, then he can possibly be charged with false impersonation while posing as a peace officer. It may not be worded exactly like that in New York Statutes but there is something close to such. Since you are only thirteen, you are going to need either a parent or legal guardian to file the complaint for you due to the fact you are not of legal age if you continue to pursue a complaint. As stated already though, you have every right to request to see their badge number, if they fail to show you more than likely they are an imposter. And I'll add onto what others have stated already, assuming that the officer is legit, no matter how wrong he/she may be and how right you may be, the officer is always right in that instance. Remember, in the U.S you are always innocent until proven guilty prior a court arraignment. [quote='Ret.Xander=US=','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=60626#post60626']Cops can't do that to you unless they had probable cause. Something had to happen to piss him off originally, but normally I just avoid talking to cops. In my experience many of them aren't very intelligent so they can't be reasoned with, and other times they just like showing their power over people. This make get me flamed a bit, but Cops are just people who had nowhere to go, and couldn't handle or weren't smart enough for the military. Thats my opinion of them from my experiences. Its not like I have a grudge, I have never gotten arrested or a ticket (besides 1 speeding ticket when I was 16). But I have had "encounters" with a good amount over the years and almost all fall into those categories.[/QUOTE] I was more than qualified for virtually every position that was available directly into the military as an entry MOS (positions that don't require past service, experience or a degree right off of the bat) yet I am on the verge of becoming an LEO. Being a cop doesn't mean that they didn't have anywhere to go. It simply means that they decided to take a different field of occupation than yourself possibly. It is not a 1-upsmanship thing (though I do have to agree, [i]some[/i] people do take power to their heads.) But one bad experience should not render a stereotype of every law enforcement officer on this earth as "bad". Personally, I chose to become a Law Enforcement Officer because I wanted something that changes everyday and is not your normal 9-5 Mon-Fri workweek. I wanted to be outside and out of an office atmosphere. And not once have I ever bragged about going into law enforcement because I realize that good or bad the people you encounter while on the job are human as well, just like myself and should be treated as such. Remember this: The one who writes you a ticket for speeding could be saving a life seconds later. Hope this stuff helps you understand, Big Mac. Just realize that this was an impersonator or one lowlife of a police officer. Either way, try not to let it base your judgment of every cop out on the streets.

[quote='PV2.TermanatorXxX=US=','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=60703#post60703']First off, hi all hows things, peepin around the forums periodically....again lol and seen this topic name so decided to read it and reply. You are saying that an "officer" demanded you to get on a subway line that you didn't even want to get onto? Got your name, number, and a lot of personal information, held you against your will in an environment that you were not lawfully REQUIRED to? That is false imprisonment. The only information you are ever required to give an officer is your name by law. Law Enforcement Officers have no use for D.O.B, Address or age in an interview like the one you encountered because that can all be accessed by running your credentials through NCIC (National Crime Information Center) which is basically where the FBI holds files on everybody in "the system". And even if they ask for that information, you can kindly object to doing so. Obviously, if you falsify your name when you give that to an officer that is a crime. I know that NYPD can get rough on the general public, but I am 99% sure the guy you encountered was impersonating an officer, which if that is in fact the case, then he can possibly be charged with false impersonation while posing as a peace officer. It may not be worded exactly like that in New York Statutes but there is something close to such. Since you are only thirteen, you are going to need either a parent or legal guardian to file the complaint for you due to the fact you are not of legal age if you continue to pursue a complaint. As stated already though, you have every right to request to see their badge number, if they fail to show you more than likely they are an imposter. And I'll add onto what others have stated already, assuming that the officer is legit, no matter how wrong he/she may be and how right you may be, the officer is always right in that instance. Remember, in the U.S you are always innocent until proven guilty prior a court arraignment. I was more than qualified for virtually every position that was available directly into the military as an entry MOS (positions that don't require past service, experience or a degree right off of the bat) yet I am on the verge of becoming an LEO. Being a cop doesn't mean that they didn't have anywhere to go. It simply means that they decided to take a different field of occupation than yourself possibly. It is not a 1-upsmanship thing (though I do have to agree, [i]some[/i] people do take power to their heads.) But one bad experience should not render a stereotype of every law enforcement officer on this earth as "bad". Personally, I chose to become a Law Enforcement Officer because I wanted something that changes everyday and is not your normal 9-5 Mon-Fri workweek. I wanted to be outside and out of an office atmosphere. And not once have I ever bragged about going into law enforcement because I realize that good or bad the people you encounter while on the job are human as well, just like myself and should be treated as such. Remember this: The one who writes you a ticket for speeding could be saving a life seconds later.[/QUOTE] Well put and thank you, Law enforcement is a very dangerous job at times and should be appreciated far more than the average person realizes.

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
[quote='TermanatorXxX','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=60703#post60703'] Being a cop doesn't mean that they didn't have anywhere to go. It simply means that they decided to take a different field of occupation than yourself possibly. [/quote] For some, not most Cops. Hardly any police office I have talked to have I been like "wow this is an intelligent person". Normally they are just someone who gets paid (by me) to boss around people like me. 99% are on a power trip because its all they've got in life. I'm sorry buddy, but being a cop is damn near last on my list of possible career choices right next to waste management. [quote='TermanatorXxX','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=60703#post60703'] (though I do have to agree, [i]some[/i] people do take power to their heads.) But one bad experience should not render a stereotype of every law enforcement officer on this earth as "bad". [/quote] I've had at least a dozen run-ins with police since I've come to college. Again I've never been fined or ticketed but I have been harassed by police officers who think that because I'm a college student i'm an immature drunk spoiled brat. [quote='TermanatorXxX','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=60703#post60703'] Remember this: The one who writes you a ticket for speeding could be saving a life seconds later. [/quote] Sorry right now I live in Iowa. There is maybe one "murder" in my town a year and its normally by people who live in trailer parks and are no where near campus. The cops only job here is to give students MIPs(Minor in possession) or public intoxication, or any of the other alcohol laws that are basically geared towards college students. I've never said "thank you" to a cop because they've never helped me, only annoyed or harassed me. Term you may not fall into this category, but cops are just high school grads (or dropouts with a GED) that had no where to go and still wanted power over people. One of the worst things about them is they think if you try and reason with them or get information from them they'll just tell you to shut up and flash some badge and threaten you with X, X, and X violations you've never heard of. This again is my opinion but I stand by it. Essentially this person: (note contains some bad language) [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGfYX7NmYnU[/url]

Guest Big Mac150
I don't think he was an impersonator. He had the long book that he wrote all my info in. And he was accompanied by 2 other cops. And when he pinned me against the wall i heard that little radio go of on his shoulder. And he was like 10-4 or something.

Guest RET.GEN.Kraor
Not sure what happened with you or what else waas going on, but my advice is never talk back to a cop. Always treat them with respect and I have found they will generally do the same to you. My guess is you started to cop an attitude to him which fueled his fire. Police are not mindless thugs as Xander would have you believe. Sure there are good and bad ones, just like there are good and bad software programmers working for microsoft :) City police tend to be more prone to be Jerks or power trippers than say county or state officers. Law enforcement in our area requires a college degree and the academy except for small town marshals etc. It is a very honorable field that gets paid little to put their lives on the line trying to clean up the trash out there. If you really feel that strongly on getting back at this officer, take your parents down to the station and file a complaint. But be ready for the officer and your parents to have a long conversation about what happened and a different point of view from yours and your friends. And don't worry about Xander.. he has anti-authority issues. He gets it from too many bad drugs with his hippie friends.. :) j/k Xander, but I love funnin with you.

Guest TermanatorXxX
[quote='Ret.Xander=US=','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=60707#post60707']For some, not most Cops. Hardly any police office I have talked to have I been like "wow this is an intelligent person". Normally they are just someone who gets paid (by me) to boss around people like me. 99% are on a power trip because its all they've got in life. I'm sorry buddy, but being a cop is damn near last on my list of possible career choices right next to waste management. I've had at least a dozen run-ins with police since I've come to college. Again I've never been fined or ticketed but I have been harassed by police officers who think that because I'm a college student i'm an immature drunk spoiled brat. Sorry right now I live in Iowa. There is maybe one "murder" in my town a year and its normally by people who live in trailer parks and are no where near campus. The cops only job here is to give students MIPs(Minor in possession) or public intoxication, or any of the other alcohol laws that are basically geared towards college students. I've never said "thank you" to a cop because they've never helped me, only annoyed or harassed me. Term you may not fall into this category, but cops are just high school grads (or dropouts with a GED) that had no where to go and still wanted power over people. One of the worst things about them is they think if you try and reason with them or get information from them they'll just tell you to shut up and flash some badge and threaten you with X, X, and X violations you've never heard of. This again is my opinion but I stand by it. Essentially this person: (note contains some bad language) [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGfYX7NmYnU[/url][/QUOTE] You did not just back your entire story up with a scene from Harold & Kumar... xD What I meant was that it is an occupation that they chose, and you didn't, which is not a problem its just a choice in life. It's no different if you decided to become a Dr. "Oh, all you Dr.s do is just prescribe me a handful of pills to cure me and I dont know what Im taking." They obviously know what they're doing and have a reason for doing so. Same thing with law enforcement. There are reasons for what they do. Are there some bad Dr's? Certainly. If the Mayberry town that you live in, Xander the police think they're hardcore, then thats them, not all law enforcement. Xander, do you realize that if you have a problem with underage drinking that it is not the fault of the front-line cop who cites a person for it? It's the politicians who enact the laws, the legislation, who you should contact. [quote='PO1.Big Mac150=US=','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=60709#post60709']I don't think he was an impersonator. He had the long book that he wrote all my info in. And he was accompanied by 2 other cops. And when he pinned me against the wall i heard that little radio go of on his shoulder. And he was like 10-4 or something.[/QUOTE] You'd be surprised what extremes people go to. Maybe he was real, but I think otherwise, basically he held you in false imprisonment. Think about it, if you were breaking the law, he wouldn't tell you to get on the subway. He would option 1) Contact your parents on the site to come get you or 2)Detain you right there and take you to the precinct.

Archived