The new iPad

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=

Guest RET.CW4.ThievingSix=US=
I don't see what the hype is all about, its just a big iPhone.... the design is the same as well as the software they've just added a big screen to it and called it the "ipad", its not like it hasen't been done before, its just that now that it has an "i" in front of it everyone will go buy it. Imagine carrying that around in a train.... OH NO DUDE YOU JUST BROKE MY IPAD!!.... I've never been a fan of apple, they seem to steal all their ideas from other people and stick an "i" in front of it and suddenly its what everyone wants. Apple seems to market the product like its going to solve global warming, and that its a totally new innovation that will "change the way" we see the world. But really its just a big screen.

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
i'm surprised that you think its expensive. everyone was expecting closer to a $999 price point. this is incredibly powerful device for its size. only 0.5"(0.64cm) thick! EDIT: It is interesting to see your reactions to this...you all are really failing to see the technology involved in this device. Apple has built it from the CPU that runs it, to the battery that powers it, to the software that runs it. The battery an last 10 hours with video playback and it can last ONE MONTH on standby. Its touch screen is unmatched by any other company. I have not used or seen a touch screen thats better than a iPhone. I am a senior in computer engineering at iowa state and I have a good respect and a decent knowledge of technology, both hardware and software, and this is a beautiful piece of technology.

[quote='PVT.DeKarbon=US=','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=59354#post59354']Yeah. What exactly would I need it for? 500 bucks is too much for something that isn't a necessity.[/QUOTE] well.... i would not call my gaming computer a "necessity" but it sure is nice to have.

"Unbelievable" price of 500 bucks in this economy. Or I could upgrade my pc and be set for the next 3 years. Besides in 3 years its gonna be around 150 bucks.

[quote='Ret.Xander=US=','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=59353#post59353']EDIT: It is interesting to see your reactions to this...you all are really failing to see the technology involved in this device. Apple has built it from the CPU that runs it, to the battery that powers it, to the software that runs it. The battery an last 10 hours with video playback and it can last ONE MONTH on standby. Its touch screen is unmatched by any other company. I have not used or seen a touch screen thats better than a iPhone. I am a senior in computer engineering at iowa state and I have a good respect and a decent knowledge of technology, both hardware and software, and this is a beautiful piece of technology.[/QUOTE] The CPU, ill say is apple's own chip and its quite good, but in no way matches to some of the newer laptops around, since Steve jobs was trash talking laptops around today i think he failed on this aspect. And battery life is always a joke, under perfect conditions, my ipod touch says it can play music for 30 hours, i can barely get 6-10 out of it on full charge. The OS the ipad uses is the same OS that apple has been shipping out with the rest of its 2009-2010 products, the same as the iphone, i don't know if thats a plus or a minus but theres certainly no "magical" innovation there, like apple is marketing it, theres no multitasking which is one of the major flaws of the iphone. Ill admit the touch screen is good, and is one of the best, but its not an innovation, wacom had something similar out before apple even thought of touch screens, and most companies will simply say the technology was "inspired" by someone else when really it was "stolen". Im not saying apple is bad, microsoft is no different, and it seems like the os's are becoming more and more alike, its the same with nvidia and ati.

Guest Big Mac150
Look at this picture i found. [IMG]http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy89/bigmac150/steve-jobs-vs-bill-gates-mac-vs-pc.jpg[/IMG]

I have always been anti apple, with that said the only device on the market that compares to it is the kindle. Compare thoes 2 and you will see how far advanced the ipad is. You can wirelessly dl a book or paper within 5 minutes, an entire 1000 page been dl'd in under 5 minutes, Wirelessly, wow. I was looking to get a kidle, but now it will be a ipad.

Guest Big Mac150
[quote='LCpl.Magz=US=','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=59368#post59368']I have always been anti apple, with that said the only device on the market that compares to it is the kindle. Compare thoes 2 and you will see how far advanced the ipad is. You can wirelessly dl a book or paper within 5 minutes, an entire 1000 page been dl'd in under 5 minutes, Wirelessly, wow. I was looking to get a kidle, but now it will be a ipad.[/QUOTE] I am getting an iPhone 3GS because it can do everything the iPad should and plus i will have 3G Internet everywhere i go. Thats another thing. An Access Point won't always be available for your iPad.

Guest Conman51
This thing is the next iFail, right now I'm on my mottorolla droid which beats the crap out of this, its not even a phone, I'm at school right now where ATT doesn't even get 3G...ill give more sources and reasons when I get home this weekend

I really love apple, i use a macbook for school, and an iPhone.. But: This thing is bull**** -.- Come on, why would you want to use this? Its a big iPod Touch you can only use it at home because you need Wi-Fi. And if you are at home, why dont use a laptop? Seriously apple, i dont get it :P. Well, on second thougts. If you compare it to any E-reader its amaizing.. And ofcourse the app store. But on the keynote Steve Jobs was talking about a 'gap' between smartphones and netbooks... Oh well il just let this thing go past me and wait for the new iPhone :D.

i have the iphone 3gs its awesome works perfect has all my mail accs in it just pwnzorage and imagine the ipad sometime getting 3g or even the telephoning capability :P like holding your laptop next to your head :P

Guest Conman51
This was trying to be a net book...it failed, if i ever saw some one walking around with it, i would whip out my phone, take a HQ video of them being stupid with it, and upload it to youtube before they even knew what hit them :p

Guest RET.SSG.Spartan0189=US=
Also, the next fail in the iPad is that it doesn't have Adobe Flash Player.. [URL='http://www.techcrunch.com/2010/01/27/apple-ipad-flash/']click me[/URL] [URL='http://lifehacker.com/5458690/the-problem-with-the-apple-ipad']iPad Rant[/URL]

The OS has it disabled, i don't even know why apple does that, i think their going to introduce it later in 4.0 and make everyone pay a crap load more for a plugin that should have been included by default. I think its useless however, you can't do anything you can on a proper netbook, or a laptop and it certainly isen't a smartphone, so what is it good for? a bit of eye candy? Apple seems to make you feel like your renting their hardware, and even though you might have bought it, apple can shut you down at anytime, i think Steve Jobs has world domination planned :D

Archived