BF4 Video

Guest MAJ.Kaossilator=US=

All members, here are the details for the upcoming BF4 video being directed and produced by Haechi/Temouloun along with his assistance Director YippieeKiYay. They have been very generous in their offer and their plan of attack is equally well thought out and clear.

Disclaimer #1: Please see this quoted section before reading any further. This absolutely and 100% must be as clear as possible for anyone who wants to participate. If anyone has an issue with this beforehand or during shooting, there will be consequences.

Before we start, this is a little disclaimer on how a movie shooting is compared to playing. It won't be as fun as running around and killing people in chain. It will most of the time mean doing the same over and over again for different camera angles, dying A LOT, shoot AROUND your target and be outside the camera taking care of special effects (C4 explosions, machine gun sound in the background etc). It will be frustrating. Really. But the fun on teamspeak will be high. That's the important part to understand. The real fun will happen as social interaction on teamspeak, not so much in game.

So what kind of players are needed for this? Patient guys who aren't trying to show their skills. Skills are completely irrelevant. It's all cinema, staged. Patience, precision and awareness are the qualities needed.

Ok, so now that business is addressed, please know that I/we are not at all sucking the fun out of this. There is LOADS of fun to be had contributing to a really fantastic idea like this video. The end product will reflect however seriously we take this. It's not only our own reputation on the line, but also the reputation a filmographer who has gone out of his way to put his own work in the spotlight. Let's make this happen in a fun and creative way, have a great time, and make a great video!

Disclaimer #2: If, during shooting, you happen to have an idea of something that you think could be added or adjusted it is COMPLETELY at Temouloun's discretion to turn down that idea, NO MATTER WHO comes up with the idea. There will always be a time and a place for suggesting any and all changes. That time and place is NOT while they are telling us how to set up a shot, or while they're trying to shoot footage. What you think of as downtime could very easily be Temouloun and his assistant director doing setup and planning for a completely different shot. When in doubt, sit still and wait for instruction. It is completely up to him when he wants to open the floor to any ideas. So however he wants to invite you to present your suggestions, WAIT UNTIL that time.

So now... on to more enjoyable topics!

Here's the mentality of the video. This is where our heads are at:

The film will take place on Altai Range. A group of 5 Special Forces will destroy the radar tower and try to escape. Before you think "cool, I want to be the rambo guy", no. I intend to do realistic stuff. There won't be any stereotypical knife silent kill everywhere and crazy bullet dodging. Engagement will be at long range and in semi-auto setting. There isn’t going to be 300 kills and grenade in the canon barrel tank explosions. I'm looking for a heavy and tense atmosphere, where every encounter is deadly and stressful; not a walk in the park with auto aim.

Here is the script that was transmitted to us by Temouloun:

The script is made of a few different scenes:

The introduction – The insertion team silently going to their target. Slow paced and tense. Beautiful scenery shots, a jet in the sky, close up on a river and boots running around in silence.

The tower assault – The team of 5 follows a very detailed script to kill the sentries and set up C4. But a certain event happens and the alarm is raised. Things speed up and, still following the script, kills go faster up to the next point.

The heli scene – Coming from the nearby helipad, a Chinese attack heli rains fire on the station. Not crazy bullet dodging stuff, our five guys lay low until the storm calms down. Then engineer guy takes the heli down with a rocket.

The runaway and firefight – The five SF run away towards extraction point but get intercepted by the chinese reinforcement on the road. Long range exchange, Arma 3 style, shooting from very far.

The extraction – Once the chopper is close by, the team will set up a smoke screen to retreat and flares for the heli to land. They board and escape unharmed. The end.

US Loadout

What we need:

One US engineer with M4 (Suppressor, Red Laser, Holo, Ergo grip) SRAW, Smoke grenade and Flares Will be taken by my friend Yippee.

Two US Assault with M416 (Suppressor, Red Laser, Holo, Angled grip) Smoke grenades Flare and Flash

One US Recon with M39 EMR (Suppressor, Red Laser, ACOG, No grip), C4, Radio Beacon, Smoke grenades Flare and Flash

One US Recon with M4 (Suppressor, Red Laser, Holo, Ergo grip), C4, Claymore, Smoke and Flare

All US are with default camo.

CN Loadout

One attack heli chinese pilot (Basic Rockets and Basic Flares) WHO CAN FLY AND HOVER haha =].

One attack heli gunner

One or two ZBD-09 driver (APFSDS-T Shells, Zuni rockets)

Gunners for the ZBDs.

Chinese soldiers Assault with QBZ-95-1 (A chinese sight, Coyote, JGM4 or Prisma, no other attachement)

Two Support with Type 88 LMG (A chinese sight of your choice, see above, no other attachment) Ammo pack (not kit), C4

Two Engineers with TYPE-95B-1 (same as above), RPG-7V2

One Recon with QBU-88 (JGM4 sight, no other attachment) Radio Beacon

All Chinese are with default camo, no weapon camo.

One last bit to cover from Temouloun before getting do in-game screenshots of the plan:

Thanks for reading and I hope you feel as excited as I am. BF4 movies on youtube are still extremely rare and this is an opportunity for a big start

One last thing. What you see here in the screenshots, especially the detailed ones, is only what the players have to do. I have here on my desk a textbook with ten pages absolutely filled with camera angles for every single scene. This is why I need someone I know and who knows the script and how I work “on the ground”. That will be my friend Yippee. Because filming from the spectator slot means I can’t show how to do things precisely. So if we go through with this project, please understand the huge amount of work I’ve thrown behind. It’s going to be complicated and frustrating for a lot of us. But I promise you as a final result, the best battlefield 4 machinima made so far and your name in big letters on it and every right to post and show the video anywhere you want.

"The Plan"

Please see the following link for the downloadables. Safe content, it's a .rar with a Word doc and quite a few screenshots. The Word doc outlines most of what I've talked about above. The screenshot is where things start to come together into a plan.

https://www.mediafire.com/?29qb3a7bfy8xp93

As a quick follow up, we will begin shooting this Friday after the General and Branch Meetings. Estimated start time is between 9:30 and 9:45pm EST. There will be about 20 people required for the first part when all the big scenes are being shot and laid out. That being said, if you are interested AND EXCITED to help out with this on Friday there is every possibility that you may be able to take someone's place or sub in if anyone has to leave or is unable to participate for very long.

In addition, it is very likely that all shooting will not happen in one night. Further times are TBD, but if you don't get in on night 1, don't worry! You'll have another chance to be involved in this!

Guest Temouloun

Hi everybody,

I'm Temouloun, Haechi on youtube, and I'm very eager to meet you and build this project with you.

Kaossilator mentioned the "suggestion" part and I would like to add something to it. You guys know Battlefield better than me. It's absolutely true I'll be swarmed with work you can't see while we'll be shooting, and because of that I can't just add an entire scene in the middle of it; but I want to hear your suggestion anytime you think it makes sense. And while all the propositions starting with "why don't you do this" will probably not happen, all the "shouldn't you do this" are probably relevant. For example we're trying to find a good way to simulate fire in a building, and the only thing we came up with so far is to blow up a dirtbike in it and let it burn. On the shooting day, if you have any suggestion for those technicalities, please say so =].

See you soon and have fun on the field.

Guest Temouloun

So because it's gonna take a few weeks and the first footage we made yesterday is amazing I wanted to share it with you. I know it's hard and frustrating during the shootings, especially when you don't get to see the bigger picture. So here is how awesome you guys were:

Thank you for your incredible efficiency.

Guest Temouloun
This is really nothing though. I just patched together a bunch of scenes and a random music. It's not representative of the final product! =]

Guest RET.SMA.VicVegas=US=

Looks great, Sir. Thanks for piecing together a trailer, I'm really looking forward to watching the final movie.

**All =US= members please remember your Customs and Courtesies. Temouloun is a civilian and should always be addressed as "Sir".

Guest Temouloun

Hello soldiers.

This weekend, mostly Saturday afternoon US time I will shoot more of the movie, especially the assault on the radar tower and the helicopter evac. I'm telling you in advance instead of just dropping on the teamspeak and ask for volunteer so you can schedule it and come on purpose if you're interested in it. That's all, see you Saturday =].

• 2 weeks later...
Tonight there will be some more shooting going on around 9pm EST. 10 bodies needed, first come first serve although it's always nice to have some extra folks to help out where needed.

Guest RET.Maj.SKI=US=
It was very interesting. I cannot wait to see the finished product (or another thrown together clip ... hint, hint). Thanks to all who participated and those who tried, but could not. I am sure there will be more opportunities to help, so stay tuned to this thread for more updates.

Guest RET.Capt.RUSHER16=US=

According to what I saw last night when the scene was filmed. The professional and well organized. I understand that the hours spent. There will be a positive good.

Move forward.

Guest COMR4DE

It was quite fun and good experience to see how it all opperates, takes a mind of a professional to piece it all together but I'm confident it will look outstanding. I will gladly be shot in the head 23 times again, or pretend to use a computer with my knife, or even run through a claymore (and survived!) ;)

Look forward to another chance to help out!

Guest Temouloun

I'm sorry guys I can't show you the work in progress this time because it's way too messy. Lot of scenes are yet to be shot and it wouldn't benefit the final result!

Although I can tell you did an outstanding jobs and it looks great already. Just too messy because of the lack of connection shots.

Guest RET.SMA.VicVegas=US=
I'm sorry guys I can't show you the work in progress this time because it's way too messy. Lot of scenes are yet to be shot and it wouldn't benefit the final result!

Although I can tell you did an outstanding jobs and it looks great already. Just too messy because of the lack of connection shots.

Understand completely Sir. It takes a lot of shots and angles to be pieced together like a puzzle before it makes a film.

• 3 weeks later...
Tentatively planning around tomorrow night (Thurs 9pm EST) as last night of shooting. Need at least 10 people.

Archived