BF4 Video

Guest MAJ.Kaossilator=US=

• 1 month later...
Guest COMR4DE

Whatever happened to this project, Sir?

I'm actually subscribed to him and noticed he is putting out other videos lately... Just curious.

Just one more day of shooting to go - he and I have been going back and forth trying to figure out when the last day of shooting will happen.

• 4 weeks later...
Sadly, I have heard nothing in quite awhile. I sent him a couple messages but it's been silent. I'll reach out to him again.

• 1 month later...

Long awaited news! Haechi and Temouloun got pretty overwhelmed this summer with projects, so it was simply not possible for them to keep up with those plus this video. However, a couple weeks ago I exchanged emails with Temouloun, and just this morning got an update from Haechi that they are wrapping up a video with a deadline that's coming up fast. So they won't be ready immediately this week, but likely next. I'll post up here as I find out more, and so we can start to coordinate this again.

Woot!

And we're back online! Who's up for Wed (TOMORROW) evening after the Army practice, so 10pm EST?

This is a big part of the final shooting and we need as many as we can get, so 16 minimum. If you can, PLEASE MAKE SURE to read the original thread on what the loadout requirements out. We absolutely do not want to spend lots of time on sorting people out if we can get people that already know the kits.

This is the original post... you can also just scroll up to the top of this thread :)

http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/barracks/showthread.php?25362-BF4-Video&p=151428#post151428

Also, one last reminder -- at ALL TIMES during shooting we are to remain completely respectful. The energy and enthusiasm we bring is definitely a big part of what makes a project like this fantastic, but we need to make sure we're doing it right. Don't shoot out of turn, when they tell you to line up for a shot do what they're saying, if you're not part of a script then mute your mic, etc.

Perhaps the Army can help out after practice instead of our usual poulating the server, Sir?

You read my mind :)

Guest RET.Capt.RUSHER16=US=
Col after practice on Wednesday. We are available to support this mission, we need to know how many people you need for this film.

Alright, thank you to everyone who was planning on being there, BUT just got word from Haechi about 40 minutes ago that we have to postpone. No, it's not getting delayed for months again -- here's his email :)

Hi Kaoss.

Two things! First, the =US= Intro is okay, but only the logo parts at the beginning and the end. If I put the entire introduction video it will look weird and mislead people on what the video is about. Unless I put it all at the end. Your call.

Second, and that's the sad one. My Origin crashed and after I reinstalled it (5min ago), the BF4 files were corrupted. I need to re-download everything and I won't make it in time for tonight. I'm sorry.

Let's find a day with less people for an other scene this weekend, and do next Wednesday for the big scene. That way you can inform your crew earlier and have more showing up.

I think we can all sympathize with the woes of Origin, eh?

So whoever's around this weekend, stay warmed up for shooting. Exact time TBD.

Ok tomorrow night (TUE) we are picking this back up. 10pm EST after the AF practice. They will be trying to end about 15 minutes early so we can do server config. ALL welcome, not just AF. We will need as many people as we can get for these shots.

• 5 months later...
Guest COMR4DE

FYI

Here is the link to the video still unfinished:

According to the description due to hardrive failure, are we still in contact with him? I think the video looks pretty good

Both the MSgt and myself have been in contact with him periodically over the last several months. Primarily, it was scheduling issues that prevented it from completing on time, as well as a few projects that came up in RL for Haechi that drew him away from this vid for a while. I would definitely be on board with working on other videos down the road with him, but I also would want to make sure that we do a solid timeline and planning session in advance so we can hammer out a schedule before shooting.

We live and learn :)

In the meantime, however, our own MSgt has been getting better and better with his footage from in-game, and the cinematic quality of those vids keeps improving. Our next movie will probably be shot all in-house, so we can look forward to that!

Archived