New 27" Monitor suggestions?

Guest Dokes

First off, does anyone have one of these (or know of anyone who's had one)?

http://overlordcomputer.com/products/tempest-x270oc-glossy

I've really been considering a new monitor as a step up from mine (27" ViewSonic, 1920x1080, ~8ms) and these Tempests really seem like they would be amazing if they worked as advertised.

Otherwise, I'm looking for any suggestions as I'm really interested in the following for a new monitor:

- 27"

- WQHD (2560x1440)

- IPS panel, preferably Glossy finished (I'm tired of washed out colors and faded blacks)

- Any refresh rate above 60Hz

I really want it to be 27" (because that's what I've had for years) but I suppose I am OK with only having 2 of the following three points. For instance:

Acceptable: 27" WQHD, with 140Hz refresh rate (TN panel, non-IPS)

Acceptable: 27" 1920x1080, IPS, 140Hz refresh rate

I'd like to stay under around $600 if possible. So... Suggestions? Thoughts?

I got mine straight from Korea IPS 27" 2560 x 1440 IPS, $380 for a ridiculous monitor. I can't find any solid evidence that increased refresh rates help that much, but I'm not well educated there; so it's entirely possible. I would not get a 1920 x 1080 if your budget is $600. Moving from 1080 to 1440 was a game changer.

I got mine straight from Korea IPS 27" 2560 x 1440 IPS, $380 for a ridiculous monitor. I can't find any solid evidence that increased refresh rates help that much, but I'm not well educated there; so it's entirely possible. I would not get a 1920 x 1080 if your budget is $600. Moving from 1080 to 1440 was a game changer.

Was it the Auria EQ276W by any chance?

How is the ghosting in fast-action gameplay? From what I've seen the refresh rate seems to be the thing most IPS panels lack.

Archived