Solid State Drive SSD

Guest RET.Maj.Skyler=US=

Guest RET.Maj.Skyler=US=
Just bought 1. 560Write, 535 Read. I need to know do i install my games on this drive to improve load times, or Do i keep them on my 2nd 2TB Storage Hard drive and why.

Guest CI3arrage
Major, are you going to be installing windows operating system on this drive or just games? I would recommend making a new windows installation on it as boot times are significantly decreased and everything runs much smoother, sharper and faster. You would then just install the games as normal in your program files folder.

Guest RET.Maj.Skyler=US=
Correct PO3.ObiterDicta. I just finished putting windows 7 on the Drive. Overall goal is for load times to be quicker. It is a 240GB drive, but wasn't sure if i should install my games on it or use a 2nd hard drive to help make load times better. In the past i heard only put the OS on the drive and all other games on a additional hard drive. But wasn't sure if that matters.

Guest TravisJohn82
i have ssd drive my operating system is on. and all my games on other hard drive... i think its better that way just in case my comp crashes all my stuff isnt on the same drive as my windows and wouldnt have to go thru all the hassle and reinstalling everything.

Guest MAJ.Spartan-S63=US=

I have my 256GB SSD set as a boot drive and as the drive to hold a couple games that I really want faster load times with. Even though Windows does quite a few read/writes at every instant, the SSD still speeds up load times. That being said, you will also see decreased load times for games that sit on your second HDD because Windows isn't IOP'ing it like it does the primary drive. It's up to you, but even with games like BF4 I notice faster load times from a boot SSD over the HDD.

My recommendation would be to install most of your games on your HDD and put the games you most play on the SSD (if load times are long from the HDD).

Guest RET.Maj.Skyler=US=
I have my 256GB SSD set as a boot drive and as the drive to hold a couple games that I really want faster load times with. Even though Windows does quite a few read/writes at every instant, the SSD still speeds up load times. That being said, you will also see decreased load times for games that sit on your second HDD because Windows isn't IOP'ing it like it does the primary drive. It's up to you, but even with games like BF4 I notice faster load times from a boot SSD over the HDD.

My recommendation would be to install most of your games on your HDD and put the games you most play on the SSD (if load times are long from the HDD).

Thank you. Doing that now then.

Guest RET.Maj.ShadowOp=US=
Yeah same here. OS & BF4 on SSD (gotta load in fast to get those vehicles) then all my single player games on my HDD.

Guest RET.Maj.Skyler=US=
Ya.. i started to put a couple games on it and saw the drive filling up quickly. Now only my OS and BF4 are on it.

Guest GearShot
Sir. I have the games I play all the time on the SSD and use my HDD for programs and other low games I don't play. load up in game for bf4 in SSD is fast. I'm always first from other player to get into jets and choppers :)

Guest RET.TSgt.Warlord=US=
Sir, for some its just preference. However when I was talking to the top IT guys at Fry's Electronics a year ago, they recommended that you keep just your OS on your SSD and put your games and other programs on your normal HDD.

Guest RET.GEN.Darmine
The only thing that will benefit you is fast boot times. Games and the OS will boot faster or load the round faster, you also will eliminate or reduce studder when its fetching data.

Guest RET.Maj.Skyler=US=
Ya noticed that. Computer is running bit faster, but load times for maps/rounds does go a lot quicker now. Quite pleased with this upgrade.

Archived