Computer Spec advice for BF4

Guest RET.Maj.Buckshot=US=

Guest RET.Maj.Buckshot=US=

OK...you guys got me scratching that BF itch. As some of you know, I don't have a machine capable of running BF4 and I live in a semi truck. I'm very seriously thinking about returning to the game and possibly coming out of retirement. First things first, if I can manage it and feel it would be a fool-proof investment for my soul (which is very likely), I need to acquire a new rig.

I have space and power limitations. Space-wise I have an area in mind that is 10.5" wide x 21" deep x 40" tall. Power-wise I have to use an inverter and my current inverter is only 400 watts. I have found cases that would fit that area but cooling might be an issue because its a relatively enclosed space.

First question: would liquid cooling make a difference if the airflow was restricted somewhat?

I will be upgrading my power inverter anyway to use a microwave so that should be covered.

On to the specs I was thinking of. I would like to spend $1000 or less.

Intel Core i5 4430 3.0GHz Dual Core

Nvidia GTX 660 2GB GDDR5

8GB DDR3 Ram

1TB 7200rpm HDD

Windows 8

---or---

Intel Core i5 4470K 3.4GHz

Nvidia GTX 650 Ti 1GB GDDR5

I will be using my old 19" Samsung LCD (1440x900) and would like to get decent fps on a decent setting. Any input would be much appreciated.

Hooah!

Archived