The reminiscent ramblings of a retired =US= member

Guest RET.Maj.Buckshot=US=

Hola =US= Members,

My name is Josh, aka RET.Capt.BuckShot, I joined the clan back in February of 2006. I was originally placed in the Navy but quickly transferred to Army and was directly under GEN.Realgrunt back when he was an NCO. Back then we had divided Battallions for Infantry/Armored/SOAR. I eventually became an NCO and 1st Squad Leader of the 2/7th Infantry under SFC.MadSpit. RG became Army CO after GEN.Kraor took over as clan XO under GEN.Kimo, eventually moving to that position himself when Kimo retired. I spent the next 6 months in Support Services(DISCOM) alongside GEN.Darmine as a WO in Engineering. I eventually became a true officer and took over DISCOM as a butter bar. I then moved back to the general clan and became XO of 2nd Brigade directly under RealGrunt and took over as CO when he was promoted to clan XO under Kraor. Eventually we split back into branches and I took over the Air Force as CO until I retired as a CPT (O-3). I retired in 2009 and went over the road as a Truck Driver and have done about 550,000 miles on US highways since then.

I have a million memories as a member of =US=. I remember earning my HALO wings when GEN.Kimo held the qualifiers in BF2. I remember being the first =US= member (by a hair) to reach lvl 55 in CoD4 a day after it was released. I remember marksman training on Strike at Karkand in BF2. Playing other games with the guys, such as SWAT, EVE, WoW, ARMA, CS:S, etc. I remember attempting a BF2142 branch (didnt last long). I remember TooManyIdiots running around in CoD4 with 2 Heavy Machine Guns (Overkill) and just wasting everyone. Those are just a few general memories...I could go on for hours in detail reminiscing (I wont bore you).

I guess if I could leave all you guys with anything in this post, it would be to enjoy your time here. Have fun playing with your friends and squadmates and your own great memories will just start piling up. Just remember that this is your community, you've helped build it, and you are the reason it exists.

Hooah!

Guest Kielbasa

He's alive :D But do you remember you're favourite CrAzY british friend :P

I got your add on steam, be worth a catchup soon bro.

I remember the CAL team too, I got on there as an alternate and was proud as hell to be there (it was not an easy feat). If I remember correctly, Skelly was the OIC at the time.

Of course I remember that CrAzY British NuTtA! I miss those early AM (for me, at least) sessions in-game with the SBS guys.

Guest RET.Capt.MustangMan94=US=

Or the late night drunk ramblings of boats and music. The sniper battles or listening to Grunt trying to hold Friday meeting lit off his ass! Oh yes to many great memories.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Funny thing is I don't know anything about boats anymore, I'm 5 years removed from the industry. As for RG's drunk antics, I was reading some of his year-end unofficial awards from '08 to some of the guys on TS the other night.

Guest RET.Capt.MustangMan94=US=

Bwahaha at least it made sitting in officer or JCS meetings not as drab. Hell I still remember the first time I had to "talk" to Kimo for member introduction. Dude was crazy and Cory go sit back in the corner for you hurt yourself, jk love ya (no homo) lol! Only thing I can't remember was who my original DI and Recruiter was back in the day. I do remember watching him face plant trying to show off on his parachute example. Ahh the good old days!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Guest Kielbasa

wow mustang is still alive as well!! Nice to see you still going man :D

Buckshot i remember we talked a few years ago when you last left US, are you still truck driving all over the place? (I think that was you...)

Guest Kielbasa
Haha thats crazy, at least you can get yourself online all the time still! Guess thats the benefit of 3G and 4G, maybe soon youll be able to game on the road ;)

Archived