THANKS

Guest BagoPrince

Guest MAJ.Kaossilator=US=

Thieving is definitely excited to take over the Engineering Dept merged with Comms.

In short i'd love to take the position. I had written a long PM with what i wanted to do with the department, but vbulletin decided to lose all of it :D. Thanks for the consideration and opportunity.

So in summary: I think combining engineering and comms is a good idea. Things that needs to be done: usergroups need to be fixed, the AMI, application process, and forum theme are all on-going or planned projects. Engineering S.O.P needs to be re-written too with clear definitions of what we actually do, because comms has been a bit of a gap filler department with no clear boundaries of operating. Anyway thanks for the consideration thand

I think that intel/pa should be able to retain a dedicated core of experienced members under that office much like the branches do, that don't have to attend their original branch meetings/practices if they don't desire so, currently this exists but the distinction and promotion scales are unclear. For engineering my plan is that members would initially join as probationary members for 3 months(without the ability to give out admin), then work as full members in engineering whilst also being in their branches, and then finally on promotion to administrative roles they have the option to join the Intel/Pa as full time members without branch obligations, obviously this would only occur after long-standing service. This gives a clear "advancement" system within engineering like the branches have so that we can effectively reward members who put in time and effort outside their respective branches. On the topic of rewarding members, intel/pa should be able to give out promotions, which is why i suggested the dedicated command positions within the senior intel/pa ranks which would allow us to do this. Another point being, the warrant officer ranks are under utilised.

My other idea to implement was something like a form of clearance levels much like certain government agencies have. This would allow us to implement a consistent and clearly defined set of access privileges for each individual based upon their needs. Adding someone to a specific clearance level would give them immediate access to all the relevant access privileges available at that clearance level, this would remove the need for adding them to multiple user groups, and fluffing around for weeks trying to figure out convoluted permissions. I'm not entirely sure if its possible to streamline permissions right down to these levels because many users currently have a variety of permissions all over the place. But it would make everyone's job easier if the levels were clearer e.g. currently to assign a person with comms privileges it requires adding them as an administrator, which doesn't make sense because they don't really have administrative privileges and there's no "at a glance" distinction between full administrators and partial administrators.

I'd also like all existing comms members to retain their comms ribbons, and that become a legacy ribbon if possible.

Guest BagoPrince

Good Morning All,

Yesterday i was awarded the National Defense Service Award for 3 months service to Unknown Soldiers=US= and i want to thank everyone for making my stay so rewarding and enjoyable.

From General Danime right down to the chain of command to the Recruit have shown and continue to show me great camaraderie. Keep up the good work Unknown Soldiers =US=. I salute you

PFC BagoPrince

Guest RET.1SG.Maysin=US=
Good Morning All,

Yesterday i was awarded the National Defense Service Award for 3 months service to Unknown Soldiers=US= and i want to thank everyone for making my stay so rewarding and enjoyable.

From General Danime right down to the chain of command to the Recruit have shown and continue to show me great camaraderie. Keep up the good work Unknown Soldiers =US=. I salute you

PFC BagoPrince

I've had a great time fighting along side you! Thanks for the warm welcome when i joined the clan as well.

Archived