Those who need new Video Cards

Guest RET.GEN.Darmine

Guest Missilebug

Missilebug's Application

In-game name:

Mattmattduck

How did you hear about =US=? (Include link if there is one)

Ive been playing battlefield since battlefield bad company, and have never ben part of a clan. now that BF4 is coming out I am wanting to join a formal Clan, so i did a little research on the internet and found this website

Which day and time are you able to attend on a regular basis?

Saturday 10PM EST

Geographical Location:

United States of America

Do you have, or are you planning on purchasing BF4 soon?

Yes

Former Clans (include URLs, if available):

ive never been part of a clan

Rank, name and date of discharge from =US= (former members only):

I was not a former member.... signup page made me answer this.

Favorite BF3 weapon AND vehicle:

M16a3

AH-64 Little Bird

Tell us about yourself:

Im a Sophomore in Highschool, ive been a gamer since i was around 8 playing Legend of Zelda. Im in multiple AP classes at my highschool and maintain solid grades.

Im also in our junior ROTC. Im hoping to go to the united states Naval Academy and become a naval officer. I have also played WOW for about 3 years up until 2011, in which i was the leader of the PvP team in my guild.

Why do you want to join =US=?

I want to join =US= because i have never been in a formal clan before, and also i enjoy playing, and working as a team. I also look forwards to the realism this clan provides.

Other games you play:

Gears of War. MOH, war thunder, and company of heroes. all battlefields

Can you attend our weekly meetings?

Yes

How many hours per week can you devote to =US=?

5-10

Can you attend clan practices and boot camps, follow the chain of command and actively participate on the forums and TeamSpeak?

Yes

Do you have any experience with websites/forums, recruiting or other special clan-related activites?

no i do not

Can you be a dedicated player?

Yes

Did you read the info on this page? http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/barracks/showthread.php?13144-Learn-about-the-Unknown-Soldiers

yes i have

DO NOT USE: Recruiter's Notes Only:

-

Guest RET.GEN.Darmine

Those who have newer processors AMD AM3+, Intel 1155, 1150 and 2011 but are lacking on the GPU side and own a Radeon card. I know some love ATi and I think they are great cards(drivers are sub-par) but I would recommend you wait before buying a 7000 series(better then what you own) they are coming out with a new card that is cheaper and in the same performance range.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2052312/msi-radeon-r9-280x-video-card-review-amd-teaches-an-old-gpu-some-new-tricks.html

On another note:

If you have a quad processor(930 series or better) with 8 gigs of 1600 ram you'll be fine for BF4 at high setting. If you are starting from scratch once again I would get a processor in the realm of a 3570K or better (AMD is fading in the CPU realm, sorry AMD fellas) if you need cheap but good performance. If anyone would like I can do a nice write up on the new BF4 series and what the game will demand so that you can save on upgrades and still play at 60fps on max settings. Those who are nerds like me and tech geeks I would like your participation in this write up. But I think the base of the write up will consist of low price, mid-range and high end setups that can be low cost upgrades for the future. I already have a low priced PC that I can feature and a high-end as well, I just need a mid range that someone owns. Let me know in PM if you would like to help out. I would like to assist those on the fence and parting out a new comp.

So what I'm looking for:

Low-priced AMD and Intel set up that can play BF4 at close to 60fps on high settings.

Mid- range AMD and Intel setup that can play BF4 and 60FPS or better on High settings.

High-end AMD and Intel setup that can play BF4 and 60fps or better at ultra settings.

No Sli or Crossfire*

Guest RET.Maj.ShadowOp=US=
With all this optimization for ati cards + a good price point I might have to finally jump off the nvidea bandwagon.

Guest RET.CW4.ThievingSix=US=
I'm not entirely sold on optimisation for ATI, i don't think the difference will be so profound that its worth buying a whole new card for. Tomb raider had TressFX which was optimised for ATI, but soon after launch Nvidia had just as good performance. I think its likely that BF4 will be much of the same. Realistically the "optimisation" is all in the drivers, and ATI probably got access to the game code a little earlier than Nvidia which meant a slight performance boost on launch. Honestly its more of a marketing ploy than anything else.

Guest RET.GEN.Darmine

Optimization is a market ploy, the drivers tend to be a little more finicky. But I can hold off on the systems specs and stuff. I posted this for those who don't want to go to nvidia. But I can post the specs of the low budget PC, Im still waiting to get the 760 for it which will bring it to 650-700 total cost and it should run BF4 at 60fps on high settings.

i5 3570K

8 Gigs of 1600 Ripjaws

500 gig 7200rpm WD drive

BD player LG

ASUS P8H61-M LE/CSM

700 Watt PSU GameMax

285GTX (Temp)

COUGAR Spike Black Steel

4x COUGAR Dual-X HB Fan w/ Red LED

Btw the processor at idle using real temp and stock fan is 22-25 C, max load it barely gets to 40C.

Guest RET.Maj.ShadowOp=US=

When I said optimization I wasn't really referring to the "optimized especially for ati" that is being thrown around. I just mean their optimization in general. A few years back there were some games that just didn't work on ati cards. RAGE and a few others worked fine on nvidea set ups for for ATI there were boundless graphical issues.

Recently there doesn't seem to be that gap anymore.

Archived