NVidia Drivers are finicky (ver. 327.23)

Guest Aristo

Guest Aristo

Hey all. I'm usually pretty good about figuring things out for myself when it comes to tech, but I've been a bit irritated lately. I play on a Sager laptop, being at college and all. It's got an older GTX 560M, which has always held up fine. However, the latest drivers for it (327.23) seem to not like my system. Earlier, I was having issues where the screen would go black and Firefox would crash and need to be restarted. The error message was related to the drivers. Likewise, I had a problem yesterday in which everything would lock up and I'd have to do a hard reset of my whole computer. After uninstalling the drivers, I ceased having problems. However, Battlelog won't let me play the beta with the older drivers that I've rolled back to. I'm not sure if my GPU is getting enough power, and that may be the cause of the crashes, but it's just a guess. Always was fine beforehand.

Any ideas as to what I should do?

Guest RocketRepo
Have you tried the beta drivers? or even 320.49 drivers? i know that helps with bf4 beta but it could possibly help out all together

Guest Aristo
I just found the those on the old and beta driver list; I'll give them a whirl. Wasn't sure where to find them, since I always just used the auto-detect.

Archived