Battlefield 4 Beta

Guest RET.LT.Padarom=US=

Guest RET.LT.Padarom=US=

EA's press conference for the Gamescom started a few hours ago.

They stated, that BF4 will hit Beta in early October! Also they released a new multiplayer trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93dFv3Rriwc

Also it seems like BF4 Premium will be available directly at release (which unfortunately isn't confirmed yet).

Guest SamCaie

Let me guess... that's either

Wake Island

Invasion of the Philippines

Midway Island

- all from BF1942. That map looks close to all three!

And did I see a jet boat ramp off a wave?! :) getting excited!!!!!!!!

Guest RET.Maj.ShadowOp=US=

Nice at eh 1:05 mark it looked like the bridge was being blown up, not sure if it was being entirely destroyed or just aesthetically destroyed though.

Being able to blow up bridges is one of the Bf2 features I missed most in Bf3.

Guest SamCaie

3x C4 on the front of a jeep, jump out while driving full speed, it keeps on rolling, then detonate the C4 as the jeep crosses the bridge!

0:32, 0:52 what kinds of planes are those?

Guest RET.SMA.VicVegas=US=
Thank you PO3.Padarom for the video. At around 1:30 during a sea engagement it says "Bomb was dropped". A new version of capture the flag?

Guest SamCaie
At 1:30 it says "Bomb was dropped". A new version of capture the flag?

Sir,

I think it might be more like the CoD MW3 "Search & Destroy" or "Sabotage"

Search & Destroy: Like Rush with 1 team defending 2 MCOMS and one attacking team, except a dedicated bomb that only one man can carry at a time.

Sabotage: Both teams have an MCOM to defend, and one bomb starts in the center of the map. First team to destroy enemy's MCOM wins.

Guest Halabrad
Thank you PO3.Padarom for the video. At around 1:30 during a sea engagement it says "Bomb was dropped". A new version of capture the flag?

It looks like it might be a sort of search and destroy game time. not sure yet

also, was it just me or did the UI seem like a revamped BC2? especially at 0:27.

what kind of planes are those?

i saw the Chengdu J-10 (probably the j-20 stealth fighter though) and the F-35 JSF, and possibly the H6k bomber at the end during the china rising preview

Guest RET.LT.Padarom=US=

To get it right:

Beta will last from October 4th to October 15th (players that own MoH:WF Limited Edition or BF3 Premium will be able to access it on October 1st).

BF4 Premium is exactly the same as BF3 Premium, with the addition of 12 bonus battlepacks.

Also they released all informations about the DLC's:

Battlefield 4 Second Assault Four favorite maps from Battlefield 3

Battlefield 4 China Rising New maps on chinese land (release in December 2013)

Battlefield 4 Naval Strike Naval battles with the chinese armada (release in spring 2014)

Battlefield 4 Dragon's Teeth US forces strike back in urban war (summer 2014)

Battlefield 4 Final Stand The epic finish (summer 2014)

I'm eager for those DLCs, but not really satisfied by that, because it means Battlefield 4 is going to last less than a year...

Source (German): http://scene-gamers.de/battlefield4-open-beta-termin/

I don't know if the release dates are true, but I've been publishing news for this page for a few months and they are reliable.

Guest RET.LT.Padarom=US=
Battlefield 4 Premium already shows up in the (German) Origin store for 49.99€- However I wasn't able to find it on the english store yet.

Guest RET.LT.Padarom=US=
Let me guess... that's either

Wake Island

Invasion of the Philippines

Midway Island

- all from BF1942. That map looks close to all three!

It is the new map "Paracel Storm". Weather changes during the round, Levolution and many amphibious vehicles.

Also the shown gamemode is called Obliteration and is a bit like Sabotage in CoD.

Both teams have 3 checkpoints, which have to be destroyed with a bomb, that spawns somewhere on the map. The first team, that destroys the enemy checkpoints wins.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest MAJ.Kaossilator=US=
That's pretty darn sweet. I love that the choppers can't just run wild. You have to really be good to track infantry on the ground once they get in those buildings. Those fools just kept coming out on the roof top lol...

Archived