PM Preview Issues

Guest RET.SFC.MissM4yhem=US=

Don't know if anyone else is having this issue, but... Every time I try to preview a PM, it previews it, but it wipes everything I had in the input box. It does this any time I use a forum function that displays what it would look like: pressing preview, entering advanced edit mode while replying, and forwarding PM's. I'm using Chrome. Don't have this issue with any other vBulletin 4 forums I use on a regular basis. Any ideas?

Guest RET.COL.SilverEupher=US=
Myself and others have had this problem as well. It often happens when we use [ code ] or other special tags. With threads I found that I could save from the simple editor (not clicking on advanced) and then when I try to edit it again it does not wipe the text.

Guest MAJ.Spartan-S63=US=

I believe MAJ.Kaossilator tracked the problem down to a non-ASCII character being entered into the PM message body. The forums seem to work off a non-UTF-8 character set which makes it so non-ASCII characters are unable to be interpreted that makes it freak out and wipe the contents of the message body.

If you have this issue, look back as to whether you've copied and pasted something from Microsoft Word (which I kind of doubt is the case, but it's a potential cause) or other word processor that doesn't furnish plain text.

I believe MAJ.Kaossilator tracked the problem down to a non-ASCII character being entered into the PM message body.

That was it, Sir. Thanks for the explanation. Next time I run into the problem, I'll just use the Corporal's workaround. Copy paste ftw!

Archived