Recon changes in BF4

Guest Jericho88

Guest LTC.DentalMav=US=

Who has not received it that donated? Please PM me with how much you donated. I will check with GEN.Darmine's records to confirm.

Guest Jericho88

... I'm not sure how I feel about zeroing out my scope. I like adjusting for bullet drop. Makes those long range kills all the more satisfying to know that I estimated distance and speed correctly. BUT, what the hell. The rest sounds cool.

Also, this guy's voice makes me want to chop my own head off. He's far too happy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dgIHsGuZYs

LOVE that we get C4 now too.

Guest MAJ.Kaossilator=US=
Sounds like balancing this in is going to come down to how long it takes to zero the scope. If it's too quick it might be more like aim-assist.

Guest RET.Maj.ShadowOp=US=

The scope zeroing is only really for camping. If you have a great spot on a hill somewhere then you can scope zero. However if you are on the move then just adjusting for drop will still be optimal likely.

And you still have to estimate distance to scope zero.

Though a range finder would detract form that.

Guest Sterling1214
as long as you cant run and manuver the giant long rifles the way they do in bf3. i will be happy. they should add a degree of sluggishness based on the weapon, you can move rapidly acquire a target with a sniper or 240!!!! as fast as an mp5k or pistol, its retarded.

Guest SixUltra

Scope settings is called 'Dope' The right dope for any shot is essential as it not only corrects for windage, but elevation as well(among other IRL variables). Since I don't think the Frostbite engine calculates windage. Zeroing the scope to a preferred set range will simply make calculating elevation(bullet drop) easier. Measure the target size at your preferred target range, against the reticle. Any target from then on that is smaller than your measurement, is farther than your zero dope and naturally you hold high. Conversely any target larger than your measured is closer. and hold low.

If the dope on a loadout stays the same from game to game, there is only need to range find once and if not write your dope down to your preferred range and set it as soon as the round starts.

Guest RET.CW4.ThievingSix=US=
Well this just made my day. All i need now is a rangefinder, and the heads will start exploding.

Guest Jericho88
Scope settings is called 'Dope' The right dope for any shot is essential as it not only corrects for windage, but elevation as well(among other IRL variables). Since I don't think the Frostbite engine calculates windage. Zeroing the scope to a preferred set range will simply make calculating elevation(bullet drop) easier. Measure the target size at your preferred target range, against the reticle. Any target from then on that is smaller than your measurement, is farther than your zero dope and naturally you hold high. Conversely any target larger than your measured is closer. and hold low.

If the dope on a loadout stays the same from game to game, there is only need to range find once and if not write your dope down to your preferred range and set it as soon as the round starts.

Thanks so much for detailing that. Makes far more sense now.

Guest Prostego
Yea I believe that in video they mentioned you will have a rangefinder (not sure it it takes an equipment slot or not) so no more guessing range, or bullet drop. All dem headshots

Archived