direct x error

Guest Disaster

Guest Disaster

hey gentlemen!

since a few days i get this message every time i load a new bf3 game:

---------------------------

DirectX Error

DirectX function "renderer->m_swapChain->ResizeBuffers( renderer->m_settings->getTripleBufferingEnable() ? 3 : 2, renderer->m_screenInfo.windowWidth, renderer->m_screenInfo.windowHeight, DXGI_FORMAT_R8G8B8A8_UNORM, DXGI_SWAP_CHAIN_FLAG_ALLOW_MODE_SWITCH)" failed with DXGI_ERROR_INVALID_CALL: The application has made an erroneous API call that it had enough information to avoid. This error is intended to denote that the application should be altered to avoid the error. Use of the debug version of the DXGI.DLL will provide run-time debug output with further information.. GPU: "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570", Driver: 31422

after klicking the ok button and reloading the game everything is fine...

any ideas whats wrong?

greetings

po3 disaster

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cepwin
Definitely go to the NVidia site and update your drivers....for my video cards (570/590) they just came out with new drivers very recently...also they have new software that will analyze your games and recommend settings. I was having graphic crashes but since I updated my drivers and ran their software no further problems.

Guest Disaster

thanks for the help, in the moment everything is working...

hopefully everythig stays that way!

Guest XboxxKiller
How did you fix this? Did you do anything or it happened automatically? I have an XFX HD 5770. can someone help? I have the same issue. :\

Guest MilkyDG_sT
This exact same thing has been happening to me for quite awhile. I've tried EVERYTHING you can think of to try and fix it including having an entire new computer but still errors.

Guest XboxxKiller
I'll try the Xfire trick.. and I haven't installed Direct X manually. I will do that. Thank you General.

Guest cepwin

See above...update your drivers (which is what worked for me..nvidia has new drivers out) and turn off xfire. Hopefully that will fix you're problem as well.

This exact same thing has been happening to me for quite awhile. I've tried EVERYTHING you can think of to try and fix it including having an entire new computer but still errors.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest XboxxKiller
This is still not fixed for me. Tried to install direct x manually, but that didn't work. and also updated my GC's driver, but the problem persists. :( So basically I'm stuck till BF4 comes out. because it will take ages for me to reinstall and download all updates of BF3.

Guest MAJ.Spartan-S63=US=
This is still not fixed for me. Tried to install direct x manually, but that didn't work. and also updated my GC's driver, but the problem persists. :( So basically I'm stuck till BF4 comes out. because it will take ages for me to reinstall and download all updates of BF3.

Try running a repair install of BF3 from the Origin Launcher, if you haven't tried already. I had a similar issue with the latest beta drivers and doing just that solved the problem.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Guest MilkyDG_sT
I had this issue for ages and the ONLY thing that fixed it was disabling Xfire for bf3 and disabling any other programs that give you an in-game overlay. Previous to that i had tried everything from fresh install to installing DX and drivers and none off that worked.

Guest XboxxKiller
Try running a repair install of BF3 from the Origin Launcher, if you haven't tried already. I had a similar issue with the latest beta drivers and doing just that solved the problem.

Sir, Thank you for that, :P This solved my issue. :)

Archived