Microsoft talks Xbox One naming, privacy and more (Q&A) on CNET.com

Guest RET.PO2.Basman=US=

Guest RET.Maj.ShadowOp=US=
What a debacle the xbox one reveal was. When your presentation causes your stock to drop and your competitors stock to rise almost 10%......you did it wrong.

Guest RET.2ndLt.Incog=US=

I own a gaming PC BECAUSE the last Xbox was so . . . unreliable. I won't buy another console. Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo have all made it clear that games are not the focus of the next generation of consoles.

I have my tower connected to my TV now and guess what. It already plays games, records live TV and a million other things. The console war is over and they all lost my business!

Guest RET.PO2.Basman=US=
I own a gaming PC BECAUSE the last Xbox was so . . . unreliable. I won't buy another console. Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo have all made it clear that games are not the focus of the next generation of consoles.

I have my tower connected to my TV now and guess what. It already plays games, records live TV and a million other things. The console war is over and they all lost my business!

What the Sgt. said!!

Guest RET.CPT.xXAirBorneXx=US=
I read that whole interview.... They try to make it sound like it's some technological breakthrough, I mean it has an 8 core processor and 8 GB of ram. Whoopidy doo!!

Guest RET.GEN.Darmine

Yes an 8 core lower end AMD, not impressed. I seen a guy post on Facebook that with these new consoles the playing field is leveled with PC's. I loled hard! If only he seen my PC.

The Xbox looks like an all black Nintendo and the PS4 is either going to look like Apple TV or a Asus router, whoever they chose for design apparently just rolled the dice and ran with it.

Guest RET.CW4.ThievingSix=US=
I think the main thing that caused their stock to drop was their announcement of having games locked to the system its first run on. Which effectively ends going over to a friends house to play, or even sharing games which you own, which is legal. It's a highly unethical business practice, and i'm sure that it violates consumer law. What's the point of buying a game if you can't use it how you want to use it?

Guest RET.Maj.ShadowOp=US=

Heck, the ps3 let you game share downloadable content with up to 5 friends. It literally said in their SLA you could share an account with 5 friends and all download the same single purchased copy of a game. They still plan on letting you do this for the ps4, and yet Xbox is going to console lock.

I respect Sony a lot more to sticking to this strategy.

Guest RET.TSgt.Warlord=US=

Sgt. Incog hit the nail on the head, well said.

Archived