Amazing Sniper Battle Report!

Guest SamCaie

Guest SamCaie

Hey guys

just wanted you to check this out! Here's a battle report of my brother's - he has just started playing BF3, he has played 19 hours total. He already has everything for his recon class, and has completed the first Recon Service Star and is 26% to his second. ALL HE PLAYS IS RECON! Here's the link: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/1/60096262/

I'll tell you what's on it, in case you don't care to read it. 59 kills, 13 deaths. 4.54 k/d ratio. He made 55 kills that game with the M98B.

SSgt. XBasmanX=US= would you consider him for recruitment? Could be a nice addition to our USAF!

He also recently made an 1173m headshot on first bullet. His furthest kill is a 1728m headshot he made in about 2 magazines? I was watching him then, I am his witness!

Thanks

Guest MilkyDG_sT
His furthest kill is a 1728m headshot he made in about 2 magazines? I was watching him then, I am his witness!

Thanks

GRRRRR.......my Longest HS is only 1,605.12 m. I CALL A REDO!!!

Guest SamCaie
GRRRRR.......my Longest HS is only 1,605.12 m. I CALL A REDO!!!

pretty amazing hey?! I still think we need to recruit him as our sniper! He'd be excellent at attacking in CTF! MOST KILLS are headshots! How he does that I don't know. He only plays Hardcore TDM Noshahr Canals, but I recently encouraged him to do long-range sniping, and he's amazing!

Guest SamCaie
setup ?

OK I just said, Blaine_Rawlings made an 1173m headshot ON HIS FIRST SHOT! Even if it had been set up, wouldn't that still be skill?!

Try making a 1000m+ headshot. Even if you do set it up first, try making the kill in your first MAGAZINE! Those ranges take practise and patience! I didn't set up my longest kill!

(1367m headshot)

Guest Element14

Unless you can kill folks consistently at 1300 meters, I don't consider it "skill". Not to downplay a long distance headshot, or skill that anyone may possess, but if a sniper doesn't play the objective and just sits waaaaaayyyy back and picks off three people during a round, he is not benefiting his team.

Being a valuable sniper means giving your squad mates a strategically advantageous spawn point, using a tugs or mav to spot for your enemy, taking out valuable targets first(ie. medics so they can't revive, or enemy on objectives), and setting up a SOFLAM for your engineers. It also means moving, both yourself and your equipment regularly to always keep the enemy guessing.

The setup kills at long distances are pretty lame, to be honest it shows a complete lack of skill in the game. Sure, getting the kill with the first shot requires some skill, because it requires some familiarity with the rifle and its scope as well as gauging target distance, but it makes for a recon that isn't actively engaged with his team or the objective.

Guest SamCaie
TSgt.Element14=US=

I know that... My idea of a sniper is two things: when defending, camp in an unusual place where the hostiles least expect you. Use the MAV to spot hostiles at their base, and use your sniper rifle to cover your base (objective). I personally am a very aggressive sniper, and my favorite role as a sniper is to infiltrate the enemy objective and take out the hostile snipers and defenders without them expecting it. This generally requires a Suppressor and 8X Rifle Scope, and all shots to be made under 100m. It's very effective, I personally favor this kind of sniper, as he is actually allowing his squad to attack without their being discovered right away. Sometimes it backfires, but if you've ever seen it done right, it's very effective. Hope you agree with my idea of a recon's role.

Guest Maydaydk
Unless you can kill folks consistently at 1300 meters, I don't consider it "skill". Not to downplay a long distance headshot, or skill that anyone may possess, but if a sniper doesn't play the objective and just sits waaaaaayyyy back and picks off three people during a round, he is not benefiting his team.

being in the front isnt good either ( hint hint ) . Next time i'll be the waterboy then!

• 2 months later...
Guest Ddress

Application DENIED due to inactivity. Please reapply when you have more time to devote to the =US=.
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g179/Rotgut_Moonshine/Deniedrct.gif

SGT.Ddress=US=
=US= Recruiter

Archived