Fixed: New computer from work, cant get monitor to show

Guest RET.Maj.Skyler=US=

Guest RET.Maj.Skyler=US=

Alright so i just got this computer from my work as a work perk. They removed the hard drives before giving it to me tho i have to put my own in and reinstall the OS. It has no On-board video card only the video card i have in the PCI express slot. when i turn it on i cant get the monitor to show up/come on yet the computer seems to be running even tho the front panel lights arnt on ether.

http://www.digitaltigers.com/specifications/407/i/WL-4071-GX8.htm

Guest FallenAfar

I would suggest checking the cables plugged into the Motherboard, you know those little 1mm ones that control LED's and etc see if they are plugged in the correct slots. Failing that check the cables if they look all good, then I would suggest checking the monitor on another machine see if that works, if that then does work. Pull out the card from the PC and try it in another computer to see if the card is working correctly.

Also I think, not 100% sure on this, with must high powered Intel Quad Cores they use a Intel HD on board card powered by the processor itself, I've been seeing weird DxDiags from work that show this however I could have been reading them wrong as they were Laptops.

I hope this helps you out a little!

Regards

SCPO.Fallenafar

Guest RET.Maj.Skyler=US=
As far as i can tell everything is plugged in right. alot of the stuff is zip tied together so doesnt leave much room for cables to roam at all instead it locks them at the spot there pose to be at. The monitor isnt a issue as i have tried it on 3 that i know all work. Video card isnt a issue as i tested it on my current rig and put another in the computer with the same issue. Normal trouble shooting didn't work for me, so now im wondering if there is a specal plug or method to get a computer to hook up to a graphics card to get it to run, or if there is a specal port to get a monitor plugged into it that i dont notice or never used. There is no Standard Monitor connection onboard video card that i can tell.

What video card do you have in there, the 9600GT or a diff one?

Are you getting normal POST beeps, i.e. single beep? Is the power supply in there the 1000W (dang!) listed above?

Guest RET.Maj.Skyler=US=

Fixed it now, Ended up being a power plug plugged into the power supply that didnt need to be there and was giving it issues. Up and running now. yes its using the 1000w

It is a 8 Core Duel Quad Processor Intel® Xeon® Processor E5430 (12M Cache, 2.66 GHz, 1333 MHz FSB),

8 GB DDR2 2Rx8 PC2 5000F-555-12-B1 X4 Sticks. With a ATI Radeon HD 5870 Graphics card, and 1TBx6 Hard drives. With a Front Panel Temperature control system for the Entire PC case.

For free from work. Only thing this computer needs is a Solid State Hard Drive.

Guest RET.Maj.Skyler=US=
Ya, i only had it Ram Related, never a power supply. But this is kinda a unique power supply i guess lol

• 4 weeks later...
Guest TravisJohn82
skyler i would go for the amd 7870 graphics card. that one u have now is a lil below grade... looks like u have room to clock the CPU to over 3.0 ur fsb looks good

Archived