Account Issues

Guest RocketRepo

Guest RocketRepo
I have someone trying to register to our site but he can't, his name is Wolverinee1 (http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/Wolverinee1/) He is having an issue where he fills out the whole application and when he tries to complete the registry it tells him we don't allow spammers, he has tried it out on 2 different browsers, google chrome and internet explorer,and it still gave him that error.

Guest RET.CW4.ThievingSix=US=

Its probably a popular name used by spammers and auto detected by spam prevention bots. Tell him to register with a different username and i'll change it once he joins the clan to what he wants.

The reason the registration is being prevented is a combination of the mod checking the IP number / provided username / email addresses if they appear on a block list and blocking the registration if they do.

Guest RET.SSgt.Haterade=US=
This happens on occasion. I'm not sure if this is the correct way to do it, but the way I've done it in the past is have someone with panel admin create the account for the poster. If I remember correctly, Xander said there would be some false positives due to the heightened security after the last spam bot attack.

Guest RocketRepo
he tried the registration with a different login and he got this error: "Registration denied, this forum runs an active policy of not allowing spammers. Please contact us via the "Contact Us" page link if you believe this is in error"

Guest RET.SSgt.Haterade=US=
he tried the registration with a different login and he got this error: "Registration denied, this forum runs an active policy of not allowing spammers. Please contact us via the "Contact Us" page link if you believe this is in error"

He won't likely be able to register. The best way to handle this would be for an admin to make his account for him and then give him the login details.

Guest RET.CW4.ThievingSix=US=
Alright i've created an account for him, tell him to login with that username, i've pm'd you the password

Archived