Battlefeild crash

Guest Fearfullord

Guest Fearfullord
My game seems to be crashing so much all of a sudden i join a game fine everything running great as normal and then after about 5min it freezes and i usually have to close it out i might get 1 good game per every 5 crashes im so lost...

Guest Spyder5

Can you give any more details? what map sizes/player counts? is it a graphics freeze can you still hear sound? is it over heating and not speeding up the fans, [someone might know the answer to this: does PB still do updates? if so that may also need some love]

I used to play a game where a character would polymorph in a pvp zone and that would crash me [cos their crap was broken ass]hence i ask about the maps

Guest MilkyDG_sT
I don't believe this sounds like an overheating issue because normally if your GPU or anything for that matter is heating up to the point of it failing then your computer would generally crash completely and you would most likely have to restart it (if your component wasn't completely damaged). This sounds more like a fragmented game files issue. If you open up Origin and go to your games library, right click on Battlefield 3 and click Repair install it will sort out any of your game files which may have become unruly. If this doesn't solve the issue then you could possibly be overheating. If the repair install doesn't help then I would download a utility called GPU-Z and then look up what the maximum heat threshold is for your GPU core, then while GPU-Z is running play a few rounds of battlefield and keep checking to see whether or not there is anything out of the ordinary.

Ive had similar issues, you need to turn off cool and quiet option in your motherbaord BIOS and also portforward BF3, after that the problem should go away and you should be able to play just fine.

Guest PFC.Hawkeye366=US=

Why would you need to portforward I origin loads and bf3 can connect there is no need to forward.

had same issue a while back. RT.MilkyDG_sT=US= is on the right track Running a repair install on the game fixed it for me..

I had no issues for 8mths then an origin/battlelog update came out and things started acting the same way. Ran the repair install, Reinstalled Punkbuster did a clean shutdown and clean boot and things have been fine ever since.

Archived