Terrible FPS in BF3

Guest Aristo

I've been getting unplayable FPS recently in BF3 on the training server. Not sure if this problem is on all servers, since I haven't played multiplayer for a while. Last time I played singleplayer, the game seemed to work fine. I have an FPS counter in the corner while I play and I've been getting a mere 4 frames after about a minute in the server. I used to be able to play the game with no problems, but that was quite some time ago. I use Gamebooster to try and improve my gaming performance with all games I play; that doesn't seem to do much good in BF3. Here are my computer's specs; it's a laptop, so it might be dealing with heat issues, but it's never had such poor performance when I was playing often last year:

-Intel® Core i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz

-8 GB of RAM

-GTX 560M GPU

-Windows 7 Pro

I'm not sure if it's really an issue with my computer. Might be BF3 wonking up, but it's happened each time I try to play on our practice server. And I play with the lowest graphical settings!

Guest Snapptastic

So you're saying that the FPS drop happens on our training server when it's only you in there? Or is it the case when there are others on the server with you? Regardless of which situation it is, you almost definitely need to make some drastic changes to settings.

First off, a laptop is going to overheat quickly and is not going to be able to run BF3 as smoothly as even an average desktop will. It looks like you have a pretty capable Sandy Bridge processor, you have enough RAM, and I think your GPU is probably limiting you, if anything.

Can you tell me how many frames you are getting just idling in an empty server? What resolution are you playing on? Are all of your settings at the lowest settings? I could use some more info and then hopefully help you out buddy.

I hopped in an empty server and idled for a while. FPS read a steady 9-10; lowest it reached was 7 when I was moving around. The problem occurs when there's other people in the training server; I've never been in it by myself but I don't expect it to change much. Back when I was first playing BF3, it'd run fine; maybe about 20-30 FPS, and that was workable.

I'm playing on 1920x1080, but I tried turning it down around the 1600x900 mark. The graphical settings are all on low; they used to be on a medium setting when the game used to run fine. Now I've run with no vsync, no motion blur, no AA, etc.

Guest Snapptastic
Okay, 9-10 frames is absolutely unplayable. Turn your resolution down to 800x600 and I'll give you some tweaks in settings to help it look sharp. Can you tell me what your FPS is when you drop it to 800x600 first of all?

I hopped on a random server with 800x600 and got 20-30 FPS. Played pretty smoothly; don't know why I didn't set it that low before. I'll need to try it on our training server and see it it's any better. I did experience some mouse stutter while in our server earlier, and trying to move forward felt like crawling.

Guest Snapptastic
you can tweak certain settings to help you eek the most graphical integrity x performance as possible. you dont need to put EVERYTHING at lowest.

So you're saying that the FPS drop happens on our training server when it's only you in there? Or is it the case when there are others on the server with you? Regardless of which situation it is, you almost definitely need to make some drastic changes to settings.

First off, a laptop is going to overheat quickly and is not going to be able to run BF3 as smoothly as even an average desktop will. It looks like you have a pretty capable Sandy Bridge processor, you have enough RAM, and I think your GPU is probably limiting you, if anything.

Can you tell me how many frames you are getting just idling in an empty server? What resolution are you playing on? Are all of your settings at the lowest settings? I could use some more info and then hopefully help you out buddy.

Basicaly as this guy said , i would exactly advise you to lower settings and also its a laptop , dont expect it to run this game smooth , and i7? is this a working station or gaming laptop? i5 is the best for gaming , or i7 extreme if you got a few bucks in the pocket , i would highly advise you to use a desktop computer with the almost same specs you got on your laptop , just use 560 TI SLI and your all fixed for 3 years atleast :D

hope i helped

Archived