Elementary School Shooting Kills 25 or More

Guest Snapptastic

Guest Snapptastic

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2012/12/14/school-shooting-connecticut/1769367/

Such a damn shame. Innocent children who didn't even have the chance to experience a little of life gunned down by some lunatic moron. I hear there is a possible second shooter and if they find him, I would hope they make it as painful as possible.

Guest MAJ.Kaossilator=US=
Not much to say, except that I hope any of the children who witnessed the tragedy firsthand are able to get through it and move on over time. It's not always easy for an adult to absorb a tragedy like this, and it will be that much harder for children this young who might not even realize the scope of what just happened.

Guest RET.CW4.ThievingSix=US=
This certainly highlights the growing importance of mental health and providing support to both the victims and the second gunman if he's still alive. It makes you think that the system has failed both the victims and the gunmen, in allowing such an event to escalate to a degree where it could have been prevented, had the motives and psychological trauma the gunman had experienced which led him to such an act been dealt with before it became such a problem. It's almost a certainty that others knew of the gunmen's intentions before hand, if they were in collaboration, someone must have overheard their plans beforehand.

Guest xprowlerx
my prayers are with the families of the victims....I know it s not the time for criticism but how many more ppl need to die before the policy on gun procession in US changes? at least put some sort of a limit ...obviously having 5 guns and 4000 bullets purchased is not what you called ''self defense'' unless you think you can take on an enemy unvision by yourself.

Guest RET.Maj.ShadowOp=US=

I think we are getting away from the point here and that is that a great tragedy has occurred (Regardles of the weapons used).

To donate to the families you can start here with a few places linked to by the huffington post. My heart and prayers are with the families of this incident, may your children and loved ones rest in peace.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/14/connecticut-elementary-school-shooting-how-to-help_n_2302760.html#slide=1888037

Guest RET.Maj.ShadowOp=US=

Firstly, no disrespect to anyone who has posted in this thread thus far:

I'd like to request that you guys move this discussion to another forum (one dedicated to it maybe) as a respect to this forum. Don't get me wrong I think that these have been educated discussions thus far and I always encourage an educated discussion.

But I feel the discussion has gotten off topic. This forum should have been for any news updates regarding the incident / well wishes.

Please start a gun control thread for this heated debate.

Guest RET.GEN.Darmine
My appoligys and no disrespect to those who are dealing with this tragedy. Im just very passionate about keeping my firearms and it angers me to see helpless children gunned down by a nut case.

Archived