Greetings; A few questions before I turn in an app

Guest Aristo

Hello! I've been looking for a BF3 clan recently and I came across your site. I heard about the clan before, but I don't think I had the opportunity to see you in-game. Before I send in an application, I have a few questions about the clan (as I'm still looking at others).

Would you call yourselves a military-simulation clan? I understand you have different branches and ranks, but as far as in-game, what kinds of organization do you use? Do you host regular training sessions and use real-world or real-world inspired tactics? That's what mainly interests me in milsim clans. I enjoy working in tight, efficient squads and formations, using proven methods against other players.

How often do you do scrims against other clans? How competitive are you? To my understanding, you're a higher-tier clan, which is good and dandy. I'd like to take part in action against other groups.

I've been in several other clans throughout my BF career, mostly milsim clans. I'm wondering if I'll find what I'm looking for in Unknown Soldiers; a tight-knit community of friends that utilizes military tactics and participates in competitive games. I took a leave from BF3 for about a year, so I don't have all the most recent expansions. However, I still have my eyes and my fingers, so I can hold my own.

Welcome again to the Unknown Soldiers.

Based on your responses to the application, you are being placed in the MARINES.

Your TeamSpeak login information will be sent to your private messages or through xfire.Please add your Branch Officer to Xfire, this can be found in the previous reply to your application. Your TeamSpeak login information will be sent to your private messages or through xfire. I will now be forwarding you to your Military Training Instructor who will guide you through your Recruit Stage. To avoid delays in becoming a full member in the Unknown Soldiers, Contact SSgt.Prostego=US=.They will help you to get in contact with your current Chain of Command. Your Military Training Instructor will teach you the necessary rules and regulations of the clan. Be sure to check the Basic Training forum for important information, and to ask questions during your recruit phase. Please add your trainers to Xfire. (You will have 5 Days to contact your trainer or risk possible denial of your application)

Best of luck,
Cpl.Arrow=US=

Guest RET.SSgt.Haterade=US=
Would you call yourselves a military-simulation clan? I understand you have different branches and ranks, but as far as in-game, what kinds of organization do you use? Do you host regular training sessions and use real-world or real-world inspired tactics? That's what mainly interests me in milsim clans. I enjoy working in tight, efficient squads and formations, using proven methods against other players.

The branches themselves are mainly organizational. For example, you can play medic and be in the Marines. The Navy clearly isn't limited to RHIBs. Each branch does have a weekly training that is mandatory for its members, and there is usually a healthy dose of real-world tactics being taught when it makes sense. There are some real-world tactics which transition well to in-game situations (pieing the corner is one very useful tactic). That being said, there are often tactics that don't translate well to the gaming environment, like having strict 15 meter splits when pushing an objective; we don't train that. Instead we just make sure people stay spread out so they don't all get dropped by a grenade.

How often do you do scrims against other clans? How competitive are you? To my understanding, you're a higher-tier clan, which is good and dandy. I'd like to take part in action against other groups.

We have an invite-only comp team that plays in competitions very regularly. We also have some a couple of other, less selective competition teams that play on a regular basis. Clan-wide scrims happy once or twice a month, but it honestly depends a lot on how many people show interest in competition. We're not a hardcore competition clan.

I've been in several other clans throughout my BF career, mostly milsim clans. I'm wondering if I'll find what I'm looking for in Unknown Soldiers; a tight-knit community of friends that utilizes military tactics and participates in competitive games. I took a leave from BF3 for about a year, so I don't have all the most recent expansions. However, I still have my eyes and my fingers, so I can hold my own.

You can always hop into Teamspeak and hang out with us to see for yourself first-hand what we're about. Then you can drop in an application if you like what you see. If you're rusty, that's fine; we've never been about minimum K/Ds or anything like that. We're much more interested in how you are as a person and if you fit in with our culture.

Archived