Surround Sound Issues

Guest RollinThunda

Guest RollinThunda

So my issue here is when i connect my laptop to my receiver(HDMI 5) and i connect the two together linking my laptop with my computer. Without any notice or anything popping up my laptop screen goes black. I don't know what to do. When i connect my laptop to my my VIA HDMI i have to switch to HDMI 2 where i plugged it in, and it gives me the same thing. Black screen not notice of anything. But my laptop screen shows up on tv. This would be ok if i could have dual display or just even my laptop. The only problem with having it show on my TV is that it's only 2.0 surround sound instead of 5.1. I know we have a few IT guys so if i made this sound complicated just let me know and i'll try to make it clearer and add more details.

EDIT -> When i change the imput from lets say where it's plugged in as HDMI 5 to HDMI 1 i can get my computer screen on my laptop back but no sound obviously.

Thanks,

-Rollin

Guest RET.CW4.ThievingSix=US=
Thats quite confusing :D, any chance i could get a diagram drawn in paint or something? There is a setting in windows to prevent the screen going black when a secondary output is detected but I'm not sure clear if that's your problem and i can't exactly remember where that is, but i believe it lies within Control Panel> System and Security>Power options.

Guest NurseJosh
HDMI should carry both your sound and picture so you should be able to get both on which ever hdmi port you hook it up to and it shows up on. You should not have to change the input on your TV if you're using a reciever just the recievers input. To fix your display issue with both of the screens connected right click on the desktop and go to screen resolution if you have win 7 that is and where is says multiple displays switch it to duplicate the displays. For your sound make sure you have your hdmi drivers installed for your graphics card and right click on the speaker in the bottom right of your taskbar then click playback devices find your hdmi and right click on that and click on configure speakers then make it 5.1 surround sound. Make sure you make it surround sound in BF3 as well and you should be rockin'! Hopefully that helps and doesn't complicate things. Good luck!

Archived