Hurricane Sandy

Guest DMac

This is an update thread for those in the east coast who are in the middle of this unprecedented weather system. Make updates as they become available to further prepare others that are in it s path. Im in NY right now and nothing much is happening, but its not quite here yet.

Guest BigMac530
Yea I live in The Bronx,NY but I am up north in NY right now. New York City Transit is shutting down all operations at 7PM EST today. If winds get up to 60 MPH, NY will shut down all of its bridges. To whoever might be affected by this, stay safe and keep us posted.

Guest Snapptastic

i live in martinsburg, WV.. 60 miles west of DC.. we're predicted to get 4-8 inches of rain (sounds like snow right?) and winds sustained at 40-50 and gusting to 65, starting late tonight and early tomorrow, through tuesday afternoon.

it should be a good non-snow storm, but these weather experts are talking it up like it's going to be 60 million without power or something. i guess we'll see wednesday morning. and i guess i'll see you all on teamspeak for the next few days haha

edit: also, the mountains close to where i live, about 45 minutes to an hour are expected to get over a foot and a half of snow. i can't imagine how much snow we'd get here if it was cold enough, probably over two feet.

Guest Element14

I am in Fredericksburg VA, 45 min south of DC. Other than the temperature drop there hasn't been anything to write home about. Like Snap said, I guess Mother Nature is handing out power outages this Halloween. I am happy I don't live in Newport News anymore, a city on a peninsula in southeast VA. I'm sure they will be getting some splendid weather.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Guest Halabrad

Way down here in Georgia, we've been getting a lot of wind and some temp drops but no rain or snow....well at least not any snow from the sky. One of my jobs right now is making snow for a winter attraction down here, and we have about 30 ft of it at the moment.

Best of luck to all that are up north, stay safe and we hope to gear back from you once this whole thing is over with

Guest Snapptastic

At my brothers school in Philadelphia (UPenn), they already cancelled classes for Monday and Tuesday. I've never heard of anything like that even for a blizzard.. This thing must be crazy big.

Also, can people keep this thread updated with how where they live is? I'd love to know what Fredericksburg is like (I have family in Richmond) because it's probably going to be similar for us in Martinsburg.

Also also, I have a doctors appointment, a dentist appointment, and work tomorrow, all which got cancelled.

My father's in Charlottesville right now, so I'm getting sporadic updates from that area. As has been said though, anyone in the storm's path, stay safe and be careful.

Guest Element14

The warnings here in Fredericksburg don't even start until 8am on Monday. Zero, both me and your dad are so far inland I'm not too sure how crazy this will get for us. Unless he's by a river, but then again there aren't even any flood warnings. Wind and rain, bring it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Guest Snapptastic

so it's starting to get really bad out here in Martinsburg, WV. electricity just went off and on twice in the past hour, never a good sign.. winds are gusting at around 65 MPH, you can feel it if you step outside (i had to, to take my dog out).

rain has been steady all day, and creeks and rivers are already flooding their banks.. not a good sign considering we haven't got to the worst yet. tonight should be fun!

Guest Navi491
I'm in uptown manhattan, ny. We have strong winds, and light rain. Downtown manhattan has areas flooded, and power turned off. Also a crane was knocked off its supports, and is hanging only by a few cables.

Guest Snapptastic

i saw some pictures of LES and Battery Park, pretty intense stuff.. NYSE is closed for 2 days, first time since 1888 they closed.

edit: oh and in some parts of my state (West Virginia) they have blizzard warnings out, over 2-3 feet of snow from Sandy.. pretty crazy.

Guest Sagilevy
I heard thet 13 died i am very sorry i hope no one here lost a friend or a family member stay strong the world is with you and if u would like a change you are welcome to visit isreal

Guest RET.Maj.SKI=US=
I was suppose to drive to Parson WV yesterday. That trip was cancelled early because of the Blizzard warnings for last night and today. Anyone close? How much snow did you get? (That is assuming you have power to answer :) )

Guest Snapptastic
Actually, I live in the very eastern portion of WV, we only have 1000ft mountains here, so it was an all rain event! I know some people had over 18 inches of snow though! What were you going to be doing in Parsons WV? That's like the BOONIES lol

Guest RET.Maj.SKI=US=
Actually, I live in the very eastern portion of WV, we only have 1000ft mountains here, so it was an all rain event! I know some people had over 18 inches of snow though! What were you going to be doing in Parsons WV? That's like the BOONIES lol

My company is doing some work for a production facility in the area. Probably shouldn't say more that that.

• 1 month later...
Guest MAJ.Kaossilator=US=

Can't say too much myself, but I just found out this is just 1 of 12 salvage yards of this size that my company has established that it needs go through. The runway is 2 miles long.

http://i.imgur.com/eoYxd.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/rgJUB.jpg

Archived