I'm Freaking Out Man!

Guest RET.CPT.xXAirBorneXx=US=

Ok so yesterday I was playing MOH and planetside with no issues. Hadn't had any crashes while playing MOH. Then this morning I come home and try and run MOH and It crashes, I try again it crashes. So then I try and run BF and as soon as it goes to load in it crashes. No clue what is going on, the only thing I've changed recently was that Fly Vpn thing which I removed already. And there was an update to my AMD catalyst control center a few days ago. I'm posting this now before I try and launch Planetside.

I have an AMD 1100T, ASUS sabertooth 990fx mobo, Asus readeon hd 6950, 8 Gb Ribjaws series x ram (1866)

Help...

BTW it's a blue screen crash not just a game crash

Ok so I don't think it's my graphics card. I just go on Planetside and it was working just fine, so it's something to do with Origin or something maybe??

Guest Treadfeather

Sergeant,

I had BSOD (blue screen of death) recently too. It was because a Windows update had been interrupted so I rolled it back and reinstalled.

Other reasons I've had in the past:

- maxed out hard drive space

- loose internal connection that would jiggle from vibrations, such as moving my chair

With the new game installed and stuff, maybe start with your hard drives. Hopefully it's something simple like that. Good luck!

Hard drive is good, and there aren't any loose wires I installed everything and I know everything is solid. I'm checking into the windows updates but the last one I got was on the 10th.

Yeah I've had the BSOD recently too, I couldn't decipher its cause but it only happened once. Might have been my new graphics drivers teething.

LMAO it seems AVG decided to turn off game mode, I rectified this and just played a whole round with out crashing. Ok mental note next time my games get messed up kill AVG

Guest MadButcher
I had to get rid of AVG to it was very problematic. I just use the free microsoft stuff now and everything runs great. Norton is another one to avoid.

Archived